• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Exclusive First View of Rugby World Cup 2011

I hope it means that releasing new screen shots is a sign that the ones we saw the other day were in fact a joke coz even though I will buy both games rwc and rugby challenge I want them both to smash expectations because rugby is important to millions of ignored fans who want our sport to be portrayed in as good or better light than the boring fifa franchise and every four years is too long to wait when there are 3 or more football/soccer games released yearly

hahahaha I've met my match in you OnTheBall. I still hope to score a few drop goals with the fat man though.

guys my forum is getting stuck on page 46 and cant see the new images.

looks like rugby 08

Yeah a bit, but I think it looks substantially better. It's not on a par to what we've seen from Sidhe so far, still that doesn't make these terrible, just not as good so far. I'm sure we'll see better, the ones so far have been distant and not really a decent resolution.

TBH the graphics from the scenes Sidhe showed us were awesome... But we havent seen any zoomed out gameplay shots yet like the ones HB have shown...

ALSO.. HB have not shown any cutscene and close up shots as well for that matter too.

Have to say, if that's all they can show with a couple of months until go live, its pretty crap. Sounds like a production in trouble to me..

Have to say, if that's all they can show with a couple of months until go live, its pretty crap. Sounds like a production in trouble to me..

Im going to answer this calmly.

Licensing issues have caused issues again apparently with the screenshots.

Man licensing issues are a game killer at the moment. The Sidhe game has good graphics but does not have the leagues and tournaments such as six nations, lions tour etc. The HB studios game has only international teams in it, what are these guys thinking, this sucks. The HB screens look like pac man characters, c'mon HB you gotta do better than that, I want good graphics along with gameplay.All that excitement for nothing!!!!!!!!!

The HB screens look like pac man characters
i-said-what.jpg

Man licensing issues are a game killer at the moment. The Sidhe game has good graphics but does not have the leagues and tournaments such as six nations, lions tour etc. The HB studios game has only international teams in it, what are these guys thinking, this sucks. The HB screens look like pac man characters, c'mon HB you gotta do better than that, I want good graphics along with gameplay.All that excitement for nothing!!!!!!!!!

We have more licences to announce leading up to the release of Rugby Challenge.

one thing i would say about the World Cup game with regards to licenses is that i am sure there will be many technology 'geeks' who are able to mod games for consoles as well as PC. For example i remember a few years ago downloading from a website authentic kits for PES 2009 and putting them on a USB and plugging it into my ps3 so that i could play with them on my console, which took any licensing issues for me away from the game because the game play was good and i had kits which looked reasonably similar to the real thing. This will probably be possible with World Cup 2011 game as long as it doesn't break any licensing rules which will solve anyone's problems with the game not having enough licenses, despite the fact that we should all be patient and await more news from HB and 505. After all, the mods for rugby 08 on this website made the game look 1000 times better and is probably the only reason i am still in love with it today.

Really? Does not having the Lions or the 6 Nations really kill the game? Sidhe's ***le has plenty of top tournaments, so not having all of them will hardly kill it. HB seem to be working with more limited resources and therefore seem to have narrowed their focus to the WC and gameplay. That's not necessarily a bad thing...
Either way, neither game has been released yet, so it's a little early to be getting despondent.

The RWC 2011 license doesn't include the names and kits of the All Blacks and Wallabies. In fact, it doesn't even include the stadiums that will be used during the World Cup. Makes me wonder what it does include? So far we can only tell it means HB can use the RWC logo and symbols like the Webb Ellis Cup. Really curious whether HB had to negotiate with the other individual unions (RFU, WRFU etc...) to use their names and kits, cause I don't think these came with the RWC license at all.

I do think the RWC license is gonna be a huge draw though.

The RWC 2011 license doesn't include the names and kits of the All Blacks and Wallabies. In fact, it doesn't even include the stadiums that will be used during the World Cup. Makes me wonder what it does include? So far we can only tell it means HB can use the RWC logo and symbols like the Webb Ellis Cup. Really curious whether HB had to negotiate with the other individual unions (RFU, WRFU etc...) to use their names and kits, cause I don't think these came with the RWC license at all.

I do think the RWC license is gonna be a huge draw though.

Doesn't it? Are you 220% certain of this?

Yes, this is an assumption I think people may be making prematurely. Given that the Jersey's and team names will be different in the World Cup context (they won't be the "QANTAS Wallabies" in the WC for instance), it's quite possible that RWC 2011 will have all the official national teams on the technicality that they may not actually be the same licenses.

So we've been told by the guys from Sidhe. I have no reason to disbelieve them. And it's not even the point of my post. I'm just wondering whether they got the names and kits with the RWC license or whether they had to negotiate with the individual unions.

Last edited:

Latest posts