Can pirating games be justified sometimes?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by sanzar, Jan 15, 2005.

?

Can pirating be Justified in special circumstances?

1. Yes, in cases like EA anything is justified

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, it's immoral regardless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. -JJ-

-JJ- Guest

Ripper - Why are you defending EA so much? I understand you putting the facts right but you seem to like EA?!

Also, can you please show me where they said that the NFL rights were being auctioned off like you said?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Are you really as stupid as you sound ripper??? Or is it all an act?
    Capitalism rules?Marxist Lenin babble? Are you really so utterly dense and moronic that you don't realise that Capitalism is the one that thrives competition and communism is where everything is state owned and singular?

As JJ said spastic, what is it that you "like" so much about EA??? Are you seeing any of their profits? Do you work for them? NO!!! And the fact that you are a kiwi and like rugby more than NFL should be more than enough reason for you to loath them!

4. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Not according to gamespot...

5. sanzar

sanzar Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Yeah your right ripper, what a great company EA are....

6. ak47

ak47 Guest

doesnt matter to me now [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Madden = ESPN

in 2006 we'll have the greatest NFL game of all time

All I wanted was ESPN's hype and presentation, NFL primetime and sportscentre with Maddens franchise!!!!

Now I get it in 2006

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

do we know if this new EA and ESPN deal involves all sports or just NFL.

7. kaftka

kaftka Guest

I think it might.

8. Ripper

Ripper Guest

It says they could Terminate after a Decade under certain conditions... wonder what those would be? They probably have a quota about how many games use all the ESPN stuff and a minimum level of content each game has to have e.t.c

9. shiznit

shiznit Guest

i dont know why everyone is going after ripper for supporting EA.
    Madden is a brilliant game, some people prefer Madden and some people prefer ESPN (personally i prefer ESPN). yes, what EA did was un-ethical but theres no evidence that they broke any laws in doing it. hell, i actually like the Fifa series more than the PES series.

my quiestion to sanzar and alot of the others on here haveing a go at Ripper is... are you using Microsoft Internet Explorer to browse? if so than i dont think you can complain too much about EA's boardroom antics.

10. Ripper

Ripper Guest

*double post*

11. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Link

4th Paragraph down

12. sanzar

sanzar Guest

You have a point with the whole microsoft thing, but microsfts monopolising of the market has given people little choice... Personally though, my next system will be lynx based.

13. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Lol, Linux is worse than Mac, Buggy as hell and even less 3rd Party Support than Apple

14. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Linux is only bad if you don't know how to operate and edit it... If you do, it can be far more stable than windows is.

15. Sure EA is stamping out the market but thats what business is all about (dominating the competition)

EA with the exception of Rugby and cricket has made some very good sports games. I love the NHL and NFL series and I also like the FIFA series. I don't think production quality will dwindle anytime soon.

If people are so upset with EA and its work practices just don't go work for them its as simple as that. Or form a Union [​IMG]

16. it can be? it should read that it WILL be. Wait untill you start working with servers and the like...windows just ain't good enough
    You guys prob just play games, so, stick to XP.

17. Going back to the title of this thread ... the answer has to be absolutely not.

Pirating games is illegal.

If you disagree with what EA are doing ... just don't buy their games.

If you disagreed with the business activities of a supermarket eg. they bought up most of the bananas in your country - would that give you the right to walk in their store and steal them. Of course not.

Just don't eat bananas anymore. [​IMG]

My 2 pence worth.

18. kaftka

kaftka Guest

I'd have to agree with trev on the whole pirating thing.

But in terms of Linux, I have both Win XP (for games and and other hassles) and Linux (our server, internet etc. etc.)

19. sanzar

sanzar Guest

This is true, but so are EA's work practices... I know that 2 wrongs don't make a right, but f*** it! I'd rather just rip them off to be honest!

20. subsbligh

subsbligh Guest

So the main argument in this thread for piracy is that it is ok because EA works it's people into the ground.

Wouldn't more piracy result in less profit; which would inturn result in the need to cut costs and hence work people to the ground??

Alternatvely it means charging more money for the same product.

Which is better?

21. ak47

ak47 Guest

YEA BUT UR MISSING BIG POINT

The gaming industry is the fastest growing in the world currently.

Their profits are massive, and too big.

apart from their normal salary, they arent reaping any rightful benefits that the boardroom does....employees rightfully deserve awards or bonus etc etc.

at one end u got an avg income of 2,000,000 per annum (plus fringe benefits) and at the other end u got avg income of 40,000 (and 80+hr weeks)........theres no balance.

And this is not too mention, they are breaking the law as an employer anyway.

Pirating in the gaming industry will only dent the inevitable success the industry is in for............it will never sink it, it will never kill it................the profits are that big and the demand is that high, pirating may actually bring in the new markets of the 3rd world countrys that cant afford $100 games.....which in effect increases the demand.

The fact is pirating does exist and always will........and the industry still strives like no other.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!