• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Munster

Oh a side note ...

Heard from a good source of mine ... the same source who told me that GT was off to the Crusaders before and Dwayne Peel's fall out with Gatland. The story he has informed me is that Xavier Rush has not signed a real contract with Ulster only a provisional one and possibly the Blues may be able to sign him back.

Didn't play smart enough tonight, the open attacking rugby has worked against less well drilled teams. Just didn't play it from the right places. Hope Toulon weren't watching tonight.

To be honest, our christmas form has made the Blues miss out on a place, not this game. Something to bare in mind next season.

Things didn't stick tonight but still beaten a good Munster side. All the best in the final Munster, but I am going to cal an Ospreys V Leinster final.

EDIT: Cymro, if your right, that would be brilliant news.

Well now it is a massive game Leinster vs Munster - The Magners League brains must be licking their lips with a nice payday now :D

Wonder will they open Croker as they will get 40000 easily. We should be real underdogs so well i hope we just throw it all at them and well leave it all out their in the pitch.
Paulie and Micko will hopefully be on the mend and Earls, Dougie and Dowling will be available.

This will be a massive challenge as Leinster have some really scary talent and well oh I buzzing now WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Another trip to the big smoke.

Lads where is Andy Powell now like is he injured or what.

Bluemoon I agree the Blues dip during season was a massive fault but also the fact that there is play-offs now allows players to rotate and teams could get lucky if opposition is weak.

Like Munsters Irish internationals have only played 4/5 ML games and well hopefully now Cardiff will beat Toulon because I hate Toulon buying their way to victory.

The game today was frustrating but the better team won tonight. Munster defended really really well. Blues kicking was poor and when you have an O'Gara player in your side who can kick ball well then it tells.

Powell is injured at the mo.

I dont think Powell would be anywhere other than the bench anyway. Rush and Molitika playing far to well at the moment. Even then I'd find it hard dropping Sam Warburton.

Buckley was alot more of an influence than the Bull (who hopefully is done for season as he's burnt out) Buckley still has a lot to improve on but well if he continues the trend he's done for last 2/3 months Tony will definitely get the 3 shirt sooner rather than later.
Dave Ryan also did well when coming on and well having seen him on a constant basis in trainings his development is going better than expected.

On a side note lads Keith Wood is been looked at as an advisory role in the 'A' team and well that basicaly means maybe he'll have an input in to management next season.

I agree thought he did well in the scrum even though in some cases his opposite was scrumaging sideways. ryan also seemed to do well. horan seemed to be under preasure more. thought Munster played a good safe game with a strong defence. o'callaghan played very well, great in the lineout strong defence and brilliant at the breakdown. he seems to really shine while o'connel has been injured. munster will need to play wider in the backs if their going to beat Leinster but it may have just been munster trying to play it safe.

Coonor that a good point about DOC and well i've seen it within the camp and even on the Lions when he was selected to captain the Lions for a game that DOC is a great leader but also a smart guy. He know's a team can't have too many voices and ROG and Paulie will have main say with Micko and Quinny says alot too but like last Sunday he showed he a good pack leader and is a great leader when required. Also Billy Holland, for a fella who isn't a second-row, really did a fine job.
Horan is still on the mend and well it'll be an interesting call to see will he tour in the summer. Our defense was superb yesterday and well McGahan has taken alot of crap (some deserved) but I must say he has manged the young guys well and alot of them have gained super experience. Deasy is only 21 and really has developed in the past season from been a nervous player to a fella who seems to constantly want ball.

As for Leinster, Got the ticket today and hotel booked so we'll be rocking in Ballsbridge Saturday night and for once I'm happy the way we're going in. Media are writing us off constantly and well one report even said Munster should have a good end-of-season party in The Shelbourne Hotel. The team won't even be staying there :D
But well we are a team that need to be going in as underdogs as the record shows when we're considered even or favourites outside Thomond we don't live up to expectations, but well the lads were diverted to Dublin from Cardiff last night and talk is that on the bus down they had words that no matter what Saturday is a game they have to perform in to justify alot of things. I glad because we have absolutely nothing to loose as we can be hammered 50-0 and all reports will be usual "Munster to old etc" but I think Leinster are the team that are under all the pressure and well I think if Cullen is missing then that is possibly even bigger than Paulie for us as I personally think Toner isn't up to standard and Cullen is a world-class player on his day.

Cullen is always a world class player, probably the most underrated lock in the British Isles over the last 3 years. Had Kidney or Eddie been able to see it he could have been a contender to travel with the Lions.

As a Leinster fan I say: Pressure? What pressure? We're playing a team of over-rated geriatrics who we've beaten the last three times out quite easily. We're at home to boot and we all remember what happened the last time Munster came to Dublin, don't we?

Overconfident? Not a chance. Leinster by 15.

Last edited:
Feicarsinn isn't that post putting it well :D you say Leinster have to win lol Munster are wrote off so well we can get beaten and it ok but Leinster are expected to beat us well and have to deliver but question is will they???

Is it even worth our while travelling up Saturday :D
I'll go Munster by 1 :p

The All Blacks would be expected to beat the Mucross seconds, it doesn't mean they'd be under any pressuer if they ever played. Same thing applies here, such is the gulf in class.

The All Blacks would be expected to beat the Mucross seconds, it doesn't mean they'd be under any pressuer if they ever played. Same thing applies here, such is the gulf in class.

So does that mean if something bizarre happened and we got the win that Leinster wouldn't be bothered when they were supposed to hammer us.

The All Blacks came to Thomond Park in 2008 and even admitted they buckled under pressure where Munster performed as there was no expectation of them

I really think if that is Leinster mentality then there will be a surprise as we down here no from last year at Croker and it the complete opposite now.

Muff, leave him at it. Being the historically over rated under achieving province weighs heavily on him.

Muff, leave him at it. Being the historically over rated under achieving province weighs heavily on him.

Well all I can say is if Leinster do go in like that well munster will be ready and well they training as we speak and as one might say there seems to be fire in the belly and well I getting confident now going to rds

It reminds me of the early naughties when Leinster were always favourites and always lost the big games against Munster. The problem for Munster is they're playing crap and the pack is well past its 'best before' date but who knows what will happen.

leo cullen is a good player but don't think he is the same league as o callaghan atm. DOC offers more around the pitch and is better at the breakdown. Yes pressure is on leinster. Would like to see deasy and holland starting it would give him great experience to players that are full of confidence and that are well able for the step up.

Munstermuffin, Munster had this famous "fire in the belly" and massive desire when we went down to Thomond. They had it in the RDS as well. Munster people seem to think their team has way more heart than everyone which, quite frankly, is a load of ********. If they win fair dues but at this stage Leinster are a superior outfit in almost every department and I'd be very disappointed if we couldn't beat Munster.

I've also never really bought into this pressure to win jazz which apparently effects the better team more. I've played in many a final and won quite a few medals along the way and I'll tell you: going in as favourites brings no added pressure whatsoever.

Latest posts