• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Munster

I would say the preasure is on Munster far more than Leinster. I can see what feicarsinn means when he says being the favourites brings no more preasure. Leinster will go into the game knowing that Munster can never be written off but Leinster have this knew confidence and have a very young talented team which is growing quickly. both teams know how to beat each other and the winner will be who performs on the day. both teams have shown their defence is very good but leinster have a more sparky backline. the set peice will be very evenly balanced for both teams going on recent form. for me this game is going to be a battle of opposite numbers.

My point was Munster perform better when they are underdogs.
As for RDS game this year Munster had no fire as majority of players hadreturned training on week of game and in Thomond Leinster had more fire.
But at end of day those 2 results mean absolutely nothing now.

And Munster people don't think they've better heart than anyone but do rate the heart of their own team and well Leinster may have majority of better departments but (and same applies to Munster) it's the team that works all the departments at same time who will win.

Nigel Owens is ref too so well I don't know if i should be happy or sad.

at the moment i think munster have a more sparky backline. leinster have looked hesitant with ball in hand.

at the moment i think munster have a more sparky backline. leinster have looked hesitant with ball in hand.

Based on Munster's last two games that's a difficult position to argue. Leinster scored 4 tries against Edinburgh on the weekend so it's fair to say the backsare doing an okay job

I'd say it's the exact opposite of that, based on their form on the weekend,
Munster were content to defend, then kick penalties, whereas Leinster were running in tries/running in general

aside from last weekend the leinster backline hasnt been impressive. munster on the other hand have individuals in their backline that have a better ability to break the line but its their gameplan that seems to be conservative. guys like horgan and kearney and even bod/darcy havent looked that penetrative to me. all im saying is if munster run it i think they have more spark. but thats a big if like olyy said theyre more content in defending. guess i sound like im contradicting myself now haha but yea IF they run it i think theyd be more dangerous.

BUT i do hope leinsters backline fire better cos they make a large contingent of the irish backline and i really want to see them beat the abs for once.

I not arguing who has better backline as on any day both backlines can be a class act

But in regards to the point that last week Leinster were attacking and got four tries while Munster defended is simply because Munster had mindset to just get bonus point while Leinster had to win for home semi but had comfort of been qualified

That point is like saying Munster have conceded 1 try in last 2games away to Leinster conceding 4at home last Sunday. Does that mean munster defense will win game I don't think so

also remember munster didn't have full team out agaist Cardiff and did well but it is hard to gauge exactly and I expect the game to be a cracker with either team capable of winning

Leinster will be favourite and deservedly so but it is a game I think munster also can win when we factor in both teams are shattered after long season

Was thinking there, player for player Leinster have it over Munster in nearly every position, bar outhalf if Sex is not fit, perhaps 7 and maybe hooker (although what are the chances of Fla doing something bird brained, quite high i'd say)

Was thinking there, player for player Leinster have it over Munster in nearly every position, bar outhalf if Sex is not fit, perhaps 7 and maybe hooker (although what are the chances of Fla doing something bird brained, quite high i'd say)

True although I'd argue maybe on wingers but the All Blacks have probably had that situation for years but it how you play as a team and I not saying Leinster a pack of individuals before people reply as I know they're a serious team.

On Munster news Howlett and Micko both training and ok
Keith is a doubt he doing sprints away on his own looks uncomfortable though and personally he's risking touring in summer if he plays but hopefully he'll be ok

Another worry I have is the amount of injuries our players are picking up and let's not forget there is 4extra ML games next year

I think the 4 extra fixtures is a problem that has been kept very quiet through this whole process of bringing the Italians in. I'm assuming the season will have to go on longer now, or are we going to see mid-week games.

Its a massive problem for the welsh regions because now we have the extra anglo-welsh fixtures as well as 4 more ML games. I'm thinking the EDF may become similar to what it is for the English teams in that the welsh regions are going to have to rest players on those games. Especially now European qualification is at risk for the regions. As much as they are rivals, I feel very sorry to see what is happening over at the Scarlets.

For a country who has an awful strength in depth we don't half take on a load of games.

I've also never really bought into this pressure to win jazz which apparently effects the better team more. I've played in many a final and won quite a few medals along the way and I'll tell you: going in as favourites brings no added pressure whatsoever.

Trust me, it can make a big difference. When you're expected to win and the underdogs are starting to get on top it's then the pressure starts to build. Teams start to do stupid things then. Look at the Ireland, Scotland match. Munster vs Leinster in last years HEC semi, New Zealand in world cups. It's the same reason why all the good coaches talk up the other teams.

About the extra four games, do you think the magners should follow the super 14 and teams only play each other once per season.

About the extra four games, do you think the magners should follow the super 14 and teams only play each other once per season.

That would only mean there'd be 11 games a season. 5 or 6 at home which means alot less fans coming to see the teams over the season and they'd have to trim the squads.

No but it just means adjusting, getting bigger squads and rotating smartly.

Latest posts