Cardiff v Paris

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Cardiff.png
Cardiff v Paris
Paris.png
</div>

One of the more interesting matches of the weekend and one of the more harder ones to call following last weekend's close result at the Jean Bouin, albeit in atrocious conditions. If the weather is set fair then there should be a most entertaining affair in prospect.

Nicky Robinson is once again ruled out following his brief comeback in last Sunday's game and Dai Flanagan is one of 4 changes made by coach Dai Young. Tom Shanklin comes into the centre and in the pack there's 2 changes with Taufa'ao Filise starting at tighthead and Robin Sowden-Taylor coming in for Martyn Williams.

David Skrela will start at 10 for Paris instead of El Mago while Glas comes in for Messina. In the second row du Plooy takes over from Cliff Milton while the front row is unchanged.

So can Cardiff take control of the group with a win at the Arms Park or will Paris stretch their adavantge???

Cardiff: 15 Ben Blair, 14 Jamie Roberts, 13 Tom Shanklin, 12 Gareth Thomas, 11 Tom James, 10 Dai Flanagan, 9 Jason Spice, 8 Xavier Rush ©, 7 Robin Sowden Taylor, 6 Maama Molitika, 5 Paul ***o, 4 Deiniol Jones, 3 Taufa'ao Filise, 2 Gareth Williams, 1 Gethin Jenkins
Replacements: 16 John Yapp, 17 T Rhys Thomas, 18 Scott Morgan, 19 Andy Powell, 20 Martyn Williams, 21 Richie Rees, 22 Jamie Robinson.

Paris: 15 Ignacio Corleto, 14 Julien Arias, 13 Stéphane Glas, 12 Brian Liebenberg, 11 Julien Saubade, 10 David Skrela, 9 Jérôme Fillol, 8 Simon Taylor, 7 Rémy Martin, 6 Antoine Burban, 5 Pascal Pape, 4 Boela Du Plooy, 3 Pieter de Villiers, 2 Dimitri Szarzewski ©, 1 Rodrigo Roncero.
Replacements: 16 Mathieu Blin, 17 Franck Montanella, 18 Pedro Ledesma, 19 Cliff Milton, 20 Alexandre Albouy, 21 Mathieu Bastareaud, 22 Geoffroy Messina.

I think this is a 50/50 game. Stade might come out after their poor game last week, and blow Cardiff away. Or Cardiff may prove to have too much, especially at home.
My opinion is, if Cardiff win they should be regarded as a true European force.

I don't think you can say that Cardiff should be considered a European force for winning a home game, it's winning the big away games that gives you that status so still a way to go for Cardiff yet, only picking up 3 points out of 10 on the road.

Still though a huge win and boost for their qualification efforts, and a crucial drop at the end to deny Paris the losing bp, try would have been nicer though!

Good win for Cardiff. Very impressed by the way they blotted out Stade's bonus point - a Welsh team with its thinking cap on!

The turnovers made it for them, and ***o and the backrow were strong and aggressive. What's happened to Shanklin? He was a carthorse in the 6N, now he's one of the best centres going.

I would never have classed Shanklin as a carthorse, and he was one of the few Lions to come away from that tour with his reputation enhanced, has had horrid luck with injury as well. I've always rated him.

Latest posts