<div align='center'>
Castres.png
Edinburgh.png

Castres v Edinburgh
Date: Saturday 18 October 2008
Venue: Stade Pierre Antoine
Kickoff - 18:30, Live Sports+/Sky Interactive
</div>

Phil Godman is poised to record his 100th appearance for Edinburgh against Castres while fellow back Ben Cairns should return from a knee injury.

"It is a great honour and to get a victory in France would make it even more special," said Godman.

"I wasn't really sure I was that near to reaching 100 appearances until I saw the stats at the start of the season."

Cairns suffered a knock during a pre-season win against Wasps and has missed six matches.

Scotland back Cairns has successfully overcome his injury in time to be involved for the trip to Castres.

Cairns said: "I'm delighted to be back in. I'm very happy with the way my rehab has gone and I would like to thank the physios and medical team at Edinburgh.

"The injury has healed up pretty well and I've taken part in the last few sessions with the boys.

"Now I'm feeling good and looking to make an impact in France."

BBC Sport

21st minute

Should have been a penalty try for this, player from Edimburgh only playing the man with no ball...

Edinburgh should be out of site with the bonus point. They've made 9 line breaks in the first half but keep messing up, especially Paterson.

This all but ends Castres interest in the tournament, was it a full strength side for the home team?

Regardless though well done to Edinburgh for getting their first win in France.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Oct 18 2008, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
good result for leinster hopefully castes now duely roll over[/b]

well regardless of them rolling over or fronting up you'd still think Leinster would have enough for them in the home game, then it's a case of 3 defeats in a row so they're not going to give a damn about the return game.

Castres were rubbish to be honest, they were very lucky not to be atleast 20 points down at half time. They were alarmingly cut open so many times in the first half, but as was expected had a far superior scrum. Basically strong men, no penetration, the opposite Edinburgh to an extent.

Mike Blair was absoloutely tremendous, lost count how many breaks he made and he did everything else well, clearing,box kicks and under the high ball. Deservedly man of the match.

Yeah a good result for us I suppose but also gives Edinburg something to play for. Their upcoming fixtures against Wasps should be very interesting indeed.

Latest posts