• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Challenge Cup pools 2016/17 season

I don't particularly believe the rumours either TBH - the salacious ones that is; I absolutely believe that he'd lost teh dressing room, and had to go; which is the main crux. Mike had to go, and any adult in that environment would realise that. If that's the reason George wants to go, then he needs to grow up.

The far more likely scenario for his arrival at Bath is, and always was, that he was looking to leave Leicester, and Dad played a part in him coming to Bath - absolutely not that Dad had a say in his decision to leave Leicester.

I don't particularly believe the rumours either TBH - the salacious ones that is; I absolutely believe that he'd lost teh dressing room, and had to go; which is the main crux. Mike had to go, and any adult in that environment would realise that. If that's the reason George wants to go, then he needs to grow up.

The far more likely scenario for his arrival at Bath is, and always was, that he was looking to leave Leicester, and Dad played a part in him coming to Bath - absolutely not that Dad had a say in his decision to leave Leicester.

Not what my sources tell me about George.

He didn't speak to any other clubs.

Not what my sources tell me about George.

He didn't speak to any other clubs.

That doesn't mean that he wouldn't have done if his Dad hadn't got in his ear though. Still perfectly compatible with what Which said

Back to back meaningless wins for Treviso in Europe; but I'll take them. Surely they can at least take a little confidence into their league play if nothing else.

Bath looking good, being allowed to though. How much of Bristol's first team is that?

Dunn's looking good, more positive for me Louw's looking his old self for the first time since the injury

...although one of my pet hates there, ref says "release 7", next thing I know 7 is placing the ball back his own side and it's no penalty?

Don't worry I've tuned in now to watch Bath throw it away!

Just working my mojo in making a game out of this......why can't I watch Bath play well ever?

Man Bristol suck so badly even I cant jinx them into winning.

That hurt.

We were dominated in pretty much every facet of play. We couldn't get much ball, we couldn't keep it very well, our tactical kicking game was shoddy, we couldn't win our own set peice ball and we couldn't defend.

Positives? Not many, when we did put more than 3 or 4 phases together we looked potent, it wasn't a league game so the pressure wasn't all there.

Saddened to see people declaring that despite the improvement, despite the back to back, almost 3 on the bounce, wins that this defeat (in a competition that realistically we were never going to pull up trees) suddenly means we're on the downer again.

That hurt.

We were dominated in pretty much every facet of play. We couldn't get much ball, we couldn't keep it very well, our tactical kicking game was shoddy, we couldn't win our own set peice ball and we couldn't defend.

Positives? Not many, when we did put more than 3 or 4 phases together we looked potent, it wasn't a league game so the pressure wasn't all there.

Saddened to see people declaring that despite the improvement, despite the back to back, almost 3 on the bounce, wins that this defeat (in a competition that realistically we were never going to pull up trees) suddenly means we're on the downer again.

How close to full strength were you?

Regardless, it's too early to declare you're on the way down I think

How close to full strength were you?

Regardless, it's too early to declare you're on the way down I think

In the pack close to it, not sure what went wrong with the lineouts, been usually secure this season, maybe Bath nicked the move code sheet!

The backs is where we lacked it, if you compare them 9-15 we played;

A 9 who has been pretty inconsistent, a 10 who's only really learning the game, a 12 who has spent most of the season injured or suspended, a USA 7's player, Varndell and LArscott. Compare that to a current Samoan internationa, 4 England internationals (one of whom is in lethal try scoring form) and one of the better 15's in the league.

That gap in talent and experience showed

The backs looked poor, especially in defence but also we did beat you up up front - if that's close to your full pack I'd be worried to be honest.

Still only one game though, in a low priority competition

Im not worried about the pack, we're weak close to our line, tend to concede points when defending scrums/lineouts close to the line, which side isnt. Other than that our forwards usually have good games and compete well.

Its hard to judge last night considering we were on the back foot all game pretty much but as you say its a low priority, as is the Anglo Welsh game in a couple of weeks, we're all focusing on Quins at home in the next league game. A winnable game based on Quins away record.

Ospreys Nail it, Tipuric showed his class again, apparently Swansea Soccer team keen on signing him having seen his try today

My god listening to Greenwood speak, I want to fall asleep. As much charisma as a mop.

Latest posts