• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Challenge Cup pools 2016/17 season

Not sure many would be wanting Ford on that performance. (Certainly for the money being touted).

Surprised he is backs captain over JJ really never struck me as a leader

Ford is doing far too much aimless kicking.

Even when there's an aim he's not getting it right. All his up and unders were too long. Other than that I agree with WT, not awful but just looking a bit unfamiliar. If Ford Tapuai and JJ click at any point they'll be bloody lethal.

Faletau and JJ been quality (no surprises). Louw looking a little rusty but getting himself over the ball and causing trouble

Bristol side to play Pau on Friday nigh

15.Jason Woodward; 14. Tom Varndell, 13. Thretton Palamo, 12. Will Hurrell, 11. Jack Wallace; 10 Billy Searle, 9. Will Cliff; 1. Ryan Bevington, 2. Rob Hawkins, 3. Gaston Cortes, 4. James Phillips, 5. Ben Glynn, 6. Mitch Eadie, 7. Jon Fisher, 8. Jordan Crane (c).
Replacements: 16. Max Crumpton, 17. Jack O'Connell, 18. Jamal Ford-Robinson, 19. Giorgi Nemsadze, 20. Olly Robinson, 21. Rhodri Williams, 22. Adrian Jarvis, 23. Jack Tovey.

In regards to the B**h game, Blues really should have scored that try, they went narrow too quickly and too often. Missing a kickable 3 so getting nothing from that was a big error

Cardiff holding up well considering the insane injury list. Scully going off meaning this really is a makeshift back three, with two centres on each wing. Missing Tom James and Cuthbert cutting in some big lines. Allen isn't convincing me on the wing, although he is working hard. I'd like to see less of a aerial bomb game. Bath are much better this week at managing that and it's given them a lot of possession. Ford having a shocker at times but also some really nice touches.

Even when there's an aim he's not getting it right. All his up and unders were too long. Other than that I agree with WT, not awful but just looking a bit unfamiliar. If Ford Tapuai and JJ click at any point they'll be bloody lethal.

All of them? I remember at least two where Morgan was absolutely smashed as he collected the ball; can't recall any having been marked.
Now, I'm not saying he's been good with the boot today (he hasn't); just not as bad as all that. Moving the Cardiff players around like Ronnie with a cue ball though.

Last edited:
Alright I was too harsh. Not up to his standards though.

Cardiff holding up well considering the insane injury list. Scully going off meaning this really is a makeshift back three, with two centres on each wing. Missing Tom James and Cuthbert cutting in some big lines. Allen isn't convincing me on the wing, although he is working hard. I'd like to see less of a aerial bomb game. Bath are much better this week at managing that and it's given them a lot of possession. Ford having a shocker at times but also some really nice touches.

That's a long way from your fist team isn't it? Given we've picked a bloody strong side, we really should be beating you by more, I don't mean to denigrate but given the relative selections on the day

Might be another (harsh but fair) yellow there.
I don't think he knows what his hand is doing; but that's not really an excuse these days.

One of those which will look awful when someone picks out still pic.s but really nothing in it; and he stops immediately as he realises.

ETA: RED? that's OTT

Alright I was too harsh. Not up to his standards though.

That's a long way from your fist team isn't it? Given we've picked a bloody strong side, we really should be beating you by more, I don't mean to denigrate but given the relative selections on the day

Particulalry in the back line. Missing Cuthbert, Tom James, Gareth Anscombe, Gethin Jenkins, Nick Williams, Scully, Fish, Dacey etc

Couldbbe a red here. Don't think he meant it. But there we are.

That could be a yellow which would both be very letter of the law yellows that should be just penalties with ref discretion.

That's that. It's case of damage limitation now. Slow everything down. Walk to line outs and don't go too hard.

Bull**** red. If it wasn't Bath I'd probably turn it off and watch Masterchef now.

Bull**** red. If it wasn't Bath I'd probably turn it off and watch Masterchef now.

On the other hand, it IS Bath, and we seem to be panicking - not sure I'd go as far as Masterchef though; I've got the last episode of Westworld waiting to be watched tonight!

I know you're feeling anti-Bath at the moment - but... we won the scrum

Touched his face and gets sent off. The letter of the law bull**** is really creeping in from soccer. The law should be interpreted not blindly followed by automatons.

I know you're feeling anti-Bath at the moment - but... we won the scrum

Only just after losing 2. Yeah we are winning but I do not like how we are playing, everything feels laboured and frantic with too little control.

Latest posts