• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 3, Round 4 (Leicester, Toulon, Scarlets, Ulster)

I don't think that's an early push. One example I have handy would be this one:

The Welsh scrum engages early and pushes hard as to get rid of any coming pressure and you can see the French front row "surprised" and unable to set position and drive on time, juuust that split-second during the ref's instructions, you can see they're anticipating this. I'm not saying A.Jones isn't one of the best ever, or Wales didn't deserve this win or blah blah, just saying this specific scrum is early.

The gif I posted with TLN vs LEIC, from my humble eyes, I see two packs putting in the hit simultaneously from that lateral distant angle, setting position, huge pressure coming from Castro over Ayerza and Dan Cole bent in half by Chiocci having lost footing from an awkward position to start with. As for the hookers popping up, there's obviously enormous strain in that front row on that scrum and they come up at the same time, that happens in every intense scrum apparently physiologically the pressure precipitates the center of the scrum upwards as I've seen countless times (as a mere observer, admittedly).

And Maverick, come on dude, I don't want to start this again but "ref always on Toulon's side", you say this in the context of THAT game specifically that's just laughable ;)
anyways..

Last edited by a moderator:
Any update on O'Connor Ewis?

also you are wrong about it not being a early push.

yep he's back, test was good. Wonder how Toulon will manage this backline...surely HP at 15, as he's an awful anything else. Delon probably won't play at all especially after what happened at Tigers, and JOC to come off the bench probably as this'll be his first game in like 6-7 weeks. Hoping David Smith makes a return to the lineup, and they'll probably field Habana, while Mitchell's been a regular...I don't know. "Little" Smith is a local favorite, and he's one underrated winger. One of the best in the world, no doubt whatsoever.

Okay.

Croft is fit for the weekend.

Cockers said he is waiting on ATM:
Manu
Loamanu
Bai
Mulipola

Basically wont be fit then ;).

riiiight, Tom Croft !...forgot about that dude...the English winger flanker. The one guy I'm sorry isn't playing is Tuilagi. Tigers are obviously missing his immense impact on games and sexy thighs, and it would've made this series even spicier. Oh well....Toulon by 28. :p naahhh..

Since I'm here: Gorgodzilla hasn't been all that Japanese-monsterish this season in Toulon...yes he's barely played any games, and coming off injury, but he's lacking that gargantuan presence he had in games right now. Not sure who they'll pick in that third row for this one...always a toughie, do you go for pure brute force and MASS or do you pick an athletic/jumpy dude in there......surely Steffon A gets one spot, but then it's any of Juan Smith, Lobbe who's back, Bruni, Masoe, Vosloo..Gorgodze of course.

I don't think that's an early push. One example I have handy would be this one:

The Welsh scrum engages early and pushes hard as to get rid of any coming pressure and you can see the French front row "surprised" and unable to set position and drive on time, juuust that split-second during the ref's instructions, you can see they're anticipating this. I'm not saying A.Jones isn't one of the best ever, or Wales didn't deserve this win or blah blah, just saying this specific scrum is early.
Honestly don't see much difference in the 2 videos other than the rule changes have made the "hit" seem slower

riiiight, Tom Croft !...forgot about that dude...the English winger flanker. The one guy I'm sorry isn't playing is Tuilagi. Tigers are obviously missing his immense impact on games and sexy thighs, and it would've made this series even spicier. Oh well....Toulon by 28. :p naahhh..

Since I'm here: Gorgodzilla hasn't been all that Japanese-monsterish this season in Toulon...yes he's barely played any games, and coming off injury, but he's lacking that gargantuan presence he had in games right now. Not sure who they'll pick in that third row for this one...always a toughie, do you go for pure brute force and MASS or do you pick an athletic/jumpy dude in there......surely Steffon A gets one spot, but then it's any of Juan Smith, Lobbe who's back, Bruni, Masoe, Vosloo..Gorgodze of course.

Maybe Tom Croft @ 13..........

Mind you if Toulon can't beat us by that much at home whilst we are still missing Mulipola, Slater(Our club captain), Deacon, Matera, Bai, Manu, Loamanu, Morris all would prob be pushing for the 23.

shame about Loamanu as he fills the Manu role.

Oh dear
B4kocRNIYAAEFzD.jpg

oh my, this is quite beautiful

RC Toulon

15. Leigh Halfpenny; 14. Delon Armitage, 13. Mathieu Bastareaud, 12. Maxime Mermoz, 11. Bryan Habana; 10. Nicolas Sanchez, 9. Sebastien Tillous-Borde; 1. Alexandre Menini, 2. Guilhem Guirado, 3. Levan Chilachava, 4. Bakkies Botha, 5. Ali Williams, 6. Juan Smith, 7. Steffon Armitage, 8. Chris Masoe (c)
16. Jean-Charles Orioli, 17. Florian Fresia, 18. Carl Hayman, 19. Mamuka Gorgodze, 20. James O'Connor, 21. Jocelino Suta, 22. Michael Claassens, 23. Romain Taofifenua

- - - Updated - - -

Leicester Tigers

15. Matthew Tait; 14. Blaine Scully, 13. Matt Smith, 12. Anthony Allen, 11. Vereniki Goneva; 10. Owen Williams, 9. Ben Youngs (c); 1. Marcos Ayerza, 2. Leonardo Ghiraldini, 3. Dan Cole, 4. Brad Thorn, 5. Geoff Parling, 6. Jamie Gibson, 7. Julian Salvi, 8. Robert Barbieri
16. Tom Youngs, 17. Michele Rizzo, 18. Fraser Balmain, 19. Sebastian De Chaves, 20. Jordan Crane, 21. Tom Croft, 22. Sam Harrison, 23. Freddie Burns

Wrong thread I posted in.

oh, right !!...fkn Migs Tan...:rolleyes: you've induced me into error too, now I'm guilty by association.
Hey btw, I just realized that again, just like the Racing thread, it's just me and someone else. Am I such a fkng loser that I'm the only guy who posts on here anymore :lol: :lol: CAHM AN, it's fkng Toulon vs Leicester, in MAYOL. *NOBODY* is into that ?????...

Not long now.

Suspect Tigers will be on the end of a Toulon backlash, it will be a true test of Blakes defensive abilities now.

Heart says a Tigers 3 pt win
Head say a Toulon win by 7-10 points.

Not long now.

Suspect Tigers will be on the end of a Toulon backlash, it will be a true test of Blakes defensive abilities now.

Heart says a Tigers 3 pt win
Head say a Toulon win by 7-10 points.

well I dunno who this "Heart" is, but he needs to get his brain checked !!!

Tbh, I can see Toulon having too much pressure, being at home, *having* to perform no matter what, and playing ahead of what's in front of them and not playing like they can. Tigers take advantage of that, maybe score a try. But Toulon have a whole 80min of this, and I can't quite see a Tigers win, even in the worst case. Toulon have not produced two bad games in a row when the stakes are high like this and have usually come through. We'll take even a 2-3 point win. But we'll just have to see what happens, hmmm ? :)

Two great teams, great stadium, lovely weather, Pilou Pilou..................and that Clancey guy!!

Heck!!

Last edited:
Pilau Pilau (rice) has got to be up there with "Stand up for the saracens" as the cringiest thing in rugby

Pilou Pilou *
Late tackle to take out Habana for the play on the break there, well done.

I hate that pilou pilou rubbish with a passion! Anyway with George 'sure doesn't the home side have to win?' Clancy in charge Leicester have little hope. A comedy of errors this far.

Toulon did really well to spoil their own attack there - 6 on 2 and Halfpenny ends up giving Delon a hospital pass on the touchline :lol:

Latest posts