• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup SF. 1 - ASM Clermont Auvergne v Leinster Rugby

I do not understand teams that mess about on their own try line like that.

This will be a right old humping. Leinster backrow have been MIA so far. Being outclassed in the backs totally too. They can't hold possession or go even slightly wide without getting penalised.

Leinster were infringing left right and centre in that driving maul but didn't get penalised.

Leinster forcing things a little bit now, even when they have possession. They may regret not covering that break from their 22 - great cover tackle from Strettle.

I feel next score is important. A score to Leinster game on, a score to Clermont might just put them out of sight!

Clermont clearly the better side so far. They're bossing the breakdown and winning all the exchanges up front. Winning all the exchanges in the backs too for that matter!

I imagine Sean Cronin and Jamison Gibson-Park will be on relatively early in the second half for Leinster as Richardt Strauss and Luke McGrath have struggled.

EDIT - Dave Strettle has been electric.

Last edited:
How is Parra not France's number 9??? The guy is incredible, madness.
This has been a great game of rugby.

- - - Updated - - -

LOPEZ take a bow!

Fellow England fans do you think if Bendy was to return to England pre 2019 he would have a chance at making the squad?

- - - Updated - - -

Ringrose is a talent - Tigs Man 2017.

Why oh why oh why is T'eo or Payne ahead of him.

Fellow England fans do you think if Bendy was to return to England pre 2019 he would have a chance at making the squad?

- - - Updated - - -

Ringrose is a talent - Tigs Man 2017.

Why oh why oh why is T'eo or Payne ahead of him.

Forgot those two, what about Jonathan Davies...

Absolute beauty from Ringrose there, first two steps were perfect, and then fullback bought a dummy and went for the support player, leaving Ringrose a run in. What a try!

No, I think that Jones likes his wingers to have a bit of size about them.

Leinster not starting in the right head space decided the game.

Owens normally favours the home team but i thought he took it to a new level today. The penalties for off your feet and Nacewa challenging in the air were disgraceful calls. A number of non calls for Leinster during the game irritated me more. Let Clermont illegally disrupt McGrath at their leisure.

Congrats to Clermont though. Hope they go on and do it.

Latest posts