Spartak Moscow 100/1
Dynamo Kiev 125/1
Galatasaray 125/1
Shakhtar Donetsk 125/1
Steau Bucharest 150/1
Anderlecht 250/1
Levski Sofia 250/1
FC Copenhagen 350/1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would consider putting money on Real Madrid and possibly Inter Milan

Celtic have a chance in that group I think.....it's always a bugger when the either of the Old Firm do well in Europe.

Celtic, Benfica and FC Copenhagen? f***ing get in there. They'll all get a pasting!

In other news, Chel$ki are f***ed.

gotta feel for Chelsea though. why they are not seaded is beyond me. all this crap about history being belted out by UEFA is a joke.

apart from that im happy with the draw. Man Utd have a group that shouldnt provide much problems.

Why should Chelsea be seeded though? I mean what have they done in Europe - not much.

I like UEFA's ranking system - it recognises teams that constantly do well over a period of time.

If Chelsea do well this year then their score will go up and this will help them get one of those seeded positions. But firstly they have to do well and that means avoiding Liverpool for as long as possible.

im not a chelsea fan by any stretch of the imagination. the thing is...
shouldnt the tep that finnshed the highest in your league be given the highest seeding in the champions league?? what reward do chelsea get for winning the league 2 years in a row. not to mention theyre form in europe wasnt too bad. they were beaten by the eventual winners in the last 2 seasons??

they get to face the defending champions and favourates barcalona in the group stages.

then you get Man U. who havent won the league in over 3 seasons and havent won the champions league since 99 and they get a seeding?? now im a Man U. fan but you can surely see thats not very fair.

I don't see what all the fuss is about, it's a decent draw for Chelsea, they'll still qualify and won't have to play Barca till the final.

Champions League is back bigger than ever, much more choice for those of us who don't have that trusty red button. The live websteaming is certainly a great addition.

Anyways back to the action on the pitch here's the first round of results

Group A
Barcelona 5-0 Levski Sofia
Chelsea 2-0 Werder Bremen

Group B
Galatasary 0-0 Bordeaux
PSV 0-0 Liverpool

Group C
Bayern Munich 4-0 Spartak Moscow
Sporting Portugal 1-0 Inter Milan

Group D
Olympiacos 2-4 Valencia
Roma 4-0 Shakhtar Donetsk

Latest Odds for the Winners...

Barcelona 4/1
Chelsea 9/2
Real Madrid 7/1
Manchester Utd 8/1
Milan 8/1
Liverpool 10/1
Inter 12/1
Lyon 14/1
Arsenal 16/1
Bayern Munich 16/1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/b]

hum do you still say that after the 0-2 they took in lyon ? (inter milan is crap !!!)

they rank lyon 8th ... we'll see when they'll play chelsea or man u ... and i think english football will be surprised (remember milan last year in 1/4 ... they thought it was gona be easy and they got qualfied on the 2nd match at the 88th min on a lucky goal after being dominated the whole match).

<div class='quotemain'>
Latest Odds for the Winners...

Barcelona 4/1
Chelsea 9/2
Real Madrid 7/1
Manchester Utd 8/1
Milan 8/1
Liverpool 10/1
Inter 12/1
Lyon 14/1
Arsenal 16/1
Bayern Munich 16/1

[/b]

hum do you still say that after the 0-2 they took in lyon ? (inter milan is crap !!!)

they rank lyon 8th ... we'll see when they'll play chelsea or man u ... and i think english football will be surprised (remember milan last year in 1/4 ... they thought it was gona be easy and they got qualfied on the 2nd match at the 88th min on a lucky goal after being dominated the whole match).
[/b][/quote]

Just wait and see ... Real didn't play well anyway and the Spanish clubs resumed later.

plus in fairness to the bookies Lyon have had serious chances to go really far in this competition and have come unstuck, Milan last year, PSV the year before, pattern seems to be there.

it depends if Fred gains the regulartity to score 20-25 goals in the season ... lyon could go at least to the semi ...
even if you don't know much of them and think they are quite crap, i think they can go far because they are a team ... on the contrary to chelsea who have a sum of the european best players but no team (like the real). its gona get hard against barca 'cause they have a team ...

you don't win back to back premierships with a collection of individuals in fairness, Cheslea are a proper team alright but I see your point with Lyon, their big problem is can they finally get past the quarter finals and become a real contender. Potential is there no doubt just time to deliver is all.

you don't win back to back premierships with a collection of individuals in fairness, Cheslea are a proper team alright but I see your point with Lyon, their big problem is can they finally get past the quarter finals and become a real contender. Potential is there no doubt just time to deliver is all.
[/b]

We'll see, Lyon have now the experience of top level in Champions' League they should be able to better manage the final stages of such a competition. Anyway, football is less predictable than Rugby and you need some chance also to get up to the final.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

We'll see, Lyon have now the experience of top level in Champions' League they should be able to better manage the final stages of such a competition. Anyway, football is less predictable than Rugby and you need some chance also to get up to the final.
[/b][/quote]

which was the only missing thing missing last year to at least reach the semis (see fred's header in san siro ...). btw it will be different this year cause we now know what is a 1/4 final against ac milan (last year we did not play the first half in the first match ... just looking at the milan playing ...). but honnestly i don't know if they have the mental to go up to the final ... (semi, yes, but final ... ???)

Lyon will continue to impress but will still fall short. It's Barcelona's to lose.

Lyon will continue to impress but will still fall short. It's Barcelona's to lose.
[/b]

Probably ... But you know i saw Chelsea playing and i was not impressed at all !!! it can be because it's the begining of the season and the automatisms are not set yet ... but if they play like they did (i saw the first ChL match) they won't win this year in euro cup

Latest posts