• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League Thread

The FA will regret it when the Blue Shite get knocked out in the qualifying round.

In fairness you can't change the rules mid season. It will be different from next season on though.

They've changed the rules from last season, I will find the article and put it up another time.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@May 6 2005, 05:33 PM
The FA will regret it when the Blue Shite get knocked out in the qualifying round.
It's not as though you'll be in it next year anyway.

Just thought I'd tell you that Wigan will be in the premiership next season-after beating READING 3-1, so they could yet make it for the season after, all though I doubt it

Originally posted by An Tarbh@May 9 2005, 05:02 AM
what has Wigan getting promoted got anything to do with the champions league?
well wigan_rflc is from wigan i presume, and I thought it'd be appropriate to mention that Wigan could be in the Champions League two seasons from now, if they finish in the top four in the premiership

Originally posted by drico+May 8 2005, 06:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (drico @ May 8 2005, 06:42 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-An Tarbh
@May 9 2005, 05:02 AM
well wigan_rflc is from wigan i presume, and I thought it'd be appropriate to mention that Wigan could be in the Champions League two seasons from now, if they finish in the top four in the premiership [/b]
Obvious link to make
<

Anyway........I'll be grudgingly cheering Liverpool in the final, have to support the English club of course, and would have done the same for Chelsea. Here's hoping Stevie Gerrard can pop up with another gem of a goal, and wipe the grin off the face of the Italian giants.

The performance in Eindhoven wouldn't exactly instill the fear of God into Liverpool, Milan will have to make a massive improvement if they're to take the trophy.

Milan are the kind of team that can play crap, and then Shevchenko will take his only chance and they win 1-0. If Gerrard make's Liverpool tick then they could make it a very special night.

I think that's what makes this final so interesting, both teams have played crap and some superb stuff as well, so we could be in for a cracker or a 0-0 bore draw decided by penalties.

Originally posted by drico+May 8 2005, 06:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (drico @ May 8 2005, 06:42 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-An Tarbh
@May 9 2005, 05:02 AM
well wigan_rflc is from wigan i presume, and I thought it'd be appropriate to mention that Wigan could be in the Champions League two seasons from now, if they finish in the top four in the premiership [/b]
Well I'm not from Wigan. I'm from nearby.

I also have no interest in Wigan Athletic.

Milan were woeful yesterday. Loosing 1-0 to Juve at home in a high pressure match. Milan had zero attempts on goal in the furst half and Juve were strolling. Liverpool will gain encouragement from this. Milan midfield AWOL once again. Xabi and Gerrard will be dying to get stuck into these guys. Seedorf is not a quarter of the player he once used to be.

I'm sure the FA are even more pleased with their decision with Everton getting thumped 7-0 by what can only be described as a mediocre champions league side.

YAY CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL DAY
COME ON YOU REDS
Sorry getting a bit over excited, the last time Liverpool were in the final was the year i was born, so as u can see it is a big occassion for me. SO
Never Mind the Toffees..... ITS TURKISH DELIGHT WERE AFTER!!!

If Liverpool try to win they will. If they sit back a little then Milan might thump them.

I reckon 2-0 Liverpool with Cisse and Gerrard scoring.

i reckon 1 - 0 to Liverpool, I have the Guinness lined up, the crisps by my side, and the TV on Sky Sports.... Gerrard to get the winner, and end up crying at the end of the game, I aint moving now, unless i run out of beer which is unlikely

Latest posts