• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League Thread

There is one positive omen for Liverpool, in 1978 Wales won the Grand Slam, the Pope died and Liverpool won the European Cup, so can Liverpool make it 3 for 3 in 2005?

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Apr 11 2005, 07:29 PM
I wonder will he take the gamble now and play Alonso.
He has to, no choice.

Incidentally, Cisse is back in the squad. Great scenes.

Right on cue another deflected goal for Chelsea and Lampard again. They are taking the **** alright.
<
<
<

Looks like Milan derby is called off. Fire brigade on the pitch removing flares, bottles and oranges. Dida hit in the head by a flare.

Laughable. That's Inter out of the competition for 5 years, and Adriano on his way to the Blues would be a likely bi-product.

You'd have thought that Tildsley would have mentioned something about it but all he seems to be coming out with every 2 minutes is about Mourinho leaving the ground and going back to the team hotel. Do they not have someone better.

Yyyyyyyeeewww Blooos

Supreme CFC cruise to semis. Come on Liverpool tomorrow.

Italian football has been disgraced tonight.

Originally posted by woodie@Apr 12 2005, 09:31 PM
Looks like Milan derby is called off. Fire brigade on the pitch removing flares, bottles and oranges. Dida hit in the head by a flare.

Laughable. That's Inter out of the competition for 5 years, and Adriano on his way to the Blues would be a likely bi-product.
More likely to be 3 matches.

Milan were lucky tonight, Shevchenko should have been sent off for loafing the Inter defender, wasn't even booked with the linesman staring at him. Doubt UEFA will be as lenient that could well be his Champions league over.

having seen it in a bit more detail they could be in for some serious trouble. Shevchenko could well get away with his headbutt with all the focus on Inter and their fans

L'pool doing OK so far. 0-0 after 49 mins. I think they will have to score as I can't see Juve, poor as they are playing, not picking something scrappy up.

Fair play to Liverpool, genuinely thought Juve would go through but they didn't create enough and deserved to go out. Not the greatest match but it was never gonna be if I'm honest.

Great stuff. Just saw the beginning of the end of Liverpool's cup run but I don't care because it's brilliant for England, the Premiership, and Chelsea, coz Juve are better than Liverpool.

Well played Scousers.

eh, Ronaldinho, how many Spanish teams left again?

Yeah, Liverpool really did deserve it, it was a shame about the violence afterwards though.

Liverpool vs. Russia eh?

At least there'll be one English team in the semi final! What's this? We've gone TWICE as far as the mighty Man Utd?

You're joking!?

What's with this Russia thing, there's only 2 at Chelsea, there were more Spanish in the Liverpool team last night than English. Should we call Liverpool Spain now?

Latest posts