• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League Thread

I think Liverpool did well to get away with a 2-1 win. Del Piero's goal should have stood, Ibrahimovich was unlucky when he hit the post, keeper was beaten, and Del Piero should have stuck it away when he was one on one with the keeper. The keeper was sloppy for Cannavaro's goal.

I think the pressure was off Liverpool now that they're only a point behind Everton and look like they'll comfortably get 4th place they looked relaxed and played very well in the first half. Had both teams taken their clear cut chances it could have been 5-4.

Sets up the second leg nicely though, I think it'll take more than a 1-0 for Juve. Garcia's goal was a beauty though and Hyypia certainly finished well. Liverpool could well pick up an away goal if they play any way like they did last night.

First goal in the return leg will be the decided. Juve get it and they're on their way. Liverpool get it and it'll be a huge task for Juve to get 3 two or more goals but it'd make a cracking game.

Oh look.

"The worst team in the competition" beat one of the best. We're up against it and it will be hard, we need to score, but at least we're in a position to try it.

Unlike Man Utd.

Ballack well and truly conned the ref, at least it keeps the second leg alive although if Bayern defend like they did tonight they won't be going through.

Lampard and Joe Cole have had a ridiculous amount of their goals deflected this season - 14 I think.

good second half from Chelsea yesterday. Although our boy Duff looked ordinary. If Robben was back, Duff would be sitting on the bench as Cole has been excellent lately. I reckon Chelsea can score goals in Munich. Kovac was hopeless. Should have been replaced well before the end.

Duff's been off the boil lately, was brutal in Israel. Cole has surprised me, always thought he was just a flashy show off but Mourinho has really done some work on him, turning into a pretty decent player despite all the deflected goals.
<

Cole's tackling back was amazing yesterday. Ze Roberto didn't know what was going on. Thought Huth was abit shaky yesterday defensivly, Bayern got alot of joy down the left hand side when he came on. At the same time he was good in the air and contributed to Drogba's goal with his flick on.

Joe Cole has improved a lot. He's still a show pony but he's a show pony with end product. C Ronaldo could learn a lot from his story!

Ronaldo simply dosen't work his bollix off the way Cole does when the opposition is in possession. Definitely the most improved player i've seen since Sol Campbell's early days at Spurs where put behind him.

Cole, along with Steve Finnan are candidates for "most improved player" of the season.

you don't come across as one of those people who speak with inverted commas
<

spot on observation btw.

Liverpool will need a miracle without Gerrard. I think CFC will get a handy 0-0 in Munich.

It's a tall order alright, all they can do now is defend what they have. Can't see them scoring unless from a set piece.

Latest posts