• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League Thread

haha.

Milan 3-0 up at half time.

-Traore is a disgrace to Liverpool and English football
-None of the players seem up for it, Gerrard in particular is not going in for tackles, notably on Kaka before goal 3.

Embarassing.

Well you wouldn't read about it!!

I was so ****** off at what looked like a total footballing mismatch in the firsthalf I almost turned it off.......glad I hung in there.

Great comeback - and a lot easier win in the penalty shootout then I could have imagined.

PS: so tell me whys this thread gone so quiet??
<

WE ARE THE MIGHTY REDS!!! WE ARE THE GREATEST ENGLISH TEAM IN EUROPEAN FOOTBALL!!! WE HAVE THE CUP FOR KEEPS AND ITS OURS!!!

THIRD MOST SUCCESSFUL SIDE IN EUROPEAN HISTORY!!!

6 FINALS 5 WINS!!! WHAT A RATIO!!!

AND FINALLY WAT A COMEBACK THE GREATEST IN HISTORY

What a game!

First half Milan played like a class European side, Kaka was immense, and Traore run around like he'd never even seen a football before, never mind taken part in a match. Crespo's finishing was fantastic, but I was expecting more from Shevchenko, who never really seemed to get into the game.

Second half, and what an incredible turnaround. Gerrard picked them up by the scruff of the neck and off they went. One goal, I thought that it would probably finish 4-1, two goals and I presumed there was no way Milan would let their lead slip altogether. By the third goal I was willing the English team on as though I was a Liverpool fan.

Couldn't see a goal coming in extra-time, both teams lokked dead on thier feet, but that penalty shoot-out.....! I don't remember ever seeing any side even remotely connected with England looking so assured of victory when it came down to the spot kicks.

An incredible victory, and one I'm sure no football fan will forget, even if they aren't a Kopite.

Originally posted by getofmeland@May 25 2005, 11:47 PM
WE ARE THE MIGHTY REDS!!! WE ARE THE GREATEST ENGLISH TEAM IN EUROPEAN FOOTBALL!!! WE HAVE THE CUP FOR KEEPS AND ITS OURS!!!

hmm best team in Europe but 5th best in England

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@May 26 2005, 09:14 AM
I don't remember ever seeing any side even remotely connected with England looking so assured of victory when it came down to the spot kicks.
Just a quick point on that, if Liverpool had lost an English Founded Team would of won the competition, the reason being AC Milan was founded by two english ex pats

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
wigan_rlfc  Posted on May 26 2005, 02:30 PM

QUOTE (getofmeland @ May 25 2005, 11:47 PM)

hmm best team in Europe but 5th best in England[/b]

Quote Where did i say we were the best side in Europe????
Cos we have still got to improve and why put an English side that has won so much in the past down, Arsenal havent won one, Neither have Chelsea, and Man U have got 2, but to get 5 is an Achievement, and it is a great thing for english football, also may I point out that this is a Fantastic Achievement considering we have had numerous numbers of injuries, and not a lot of money to spend on a team, and I feel that some respect should be shown to us, we have the greatest fans in the world...
And We are the Best Team in Europe... We have defeated the league champions from 2 of the Greatest footballing nations, the first of course in Juventus and the other Chelsea...

and Just out of interest who do you support Wigan_rlfc?????

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+May 26 2005, 01:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ May 26 2005, 01:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-getofmeland
@May 25 2005, 11:47 PM
WE ARE THE MIGHTY REDS!!!  WE ARE THE GREATEST ENGLISH TEAM IN EUROPEAN FOOTBALL!!! WE HAVE THE CUP FOR KEEPS AND ITS OURS!!!

hmm best team in Europe but 5th best in England [/b]
Shut your cakehole.

_41185639_carra.jpg

seems like Liverpool might defend their ***le after all. TNS the welsh champions are proposing to have a playoff match with Liverpool for a spot in the quaflying round. The reason TNS are doing this is because they want to get media coverage and they aslo want cash to help bring their staduims up to scratch

Latest posts