• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League Thread

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Dec 21 2004, 01:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 21 2004, 01:15 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-shiznit
@Dec 21 2004, 01:08 AM
who needs to defend when you have the likes of C Ronaldo, Rooney, Ruud, Smith and Saha up front.
Rio and Co. will hold up there end dont worry about that.
the only person i worry about is Roy Caroll. after the return leg against Lyon he gives me the shits when play heads down his end.

Not sure who plays who after the last 16.
"Rio and co" can't hold the end against Crystal Palace, what makes you think you will hold out Andrei Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Kaka et al?

Saha - awful footballer.

Rooney - has much to learn about European football.

Ruud - will he be fully fit, he's out for 6 weeks.

Smith - your best striker minus Ruud.

Nesta and Stam have too much experience and too much class to get caught short against any of these four. Milan will win the tie.

Liverpool have been lucky with the draw - Man Utd fans are in no position to moan about easy draws, having seen their groups since 1996. [/b]
what do u mean rio and co couldnt hold up against crystal palace what did they have 3 shots?

Palace scored from two crosses that weren't dealt with and should have levelled the game at 3-3.

That's not defending to crow about.

is that the same weak defence that hasnt given away a goal in 450 mins of premiership play.

Originally posted by shiznit@Jan 21 2005, 12:00 AM
is that the same weak defence that hasnt given away a goal in 450 mins of premiership play.
But has a goalkeeper that allowed Pedro Mendes to score from the half way line but saved by incompetent linesmen.

them's the breaks
<

actually, Man U are looking better and better at the moment.

Originally posted by Badboy@Feb 12 2005, 05:40 PM
I think at the moment milan has something more than man utd in my opinion
Agreed.

They're just.... better!

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Feb 13 2005, 08:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 13 2005, 08:30 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Badboy
@Feb 12 2005, 05:40 PM
I think at the moment milan has something more than man utd in my opinion
Agreed.

They're just.... better! [/b]
well but I'm sure we football fans will have great time with these games and with juve -real madrid also.

Have you even bothered to check Milan's form?

Milan are a better team - if they turn up they WILL win the tie over the two legs because they ARE better.

milan haven't been spectacular recently, a jammy late 2 goals in last ten mins win over Lazio and then another flukey enough win over Reggina due to one of the best goals of all time last nite. Was a sliced volley from outisde the box that lobbed the goalie by Zamboni. I'd have United as favourites. They look confiedent, Milan don't.

Originally posted by cavan@Feb 15 2005, 04:13 AM
milan haven't been spectacular recently, a jammy late 2 goals in last ten mins win over Lazio and then another flukey enough win over Reggina due to one of the best goals of all time last nite. Was a sliced volley from outisde the box that lobbed the goalie by Zamboni. I'd have United as favourites. They look confiedent, Milan don't.
I can assure u Milan is a problem for all the teams participating in the champions league.

Keane is playing awesome stuff lately. He's played Seedorf off the pitch in the past and will relish the opprtunity of taking on Gattuso. I'm not a United fan, but i reckon they might have a shout of beating Milan.

Originally posted by cavan@Feb 15 2005, 08:26 AM
Keane is playing awesome stuff lately. He's played Seedorf off the pitch in the past and will relish the opprtunity of taking on Gattuso. I'm not a United fan, but i reckon they might have a shout of beating Milan.
yes im not tellin u they are not able to defeat milan,i just said in my opinion milan has sumethin more .I never forgot man utd is one of the best team worldwide and his ground is really intimidating ground.

All gets going again tonight, 4 big matches.

Bayern Munich v Arsenal
PSV Eindhoven v Monaco
Real Madrid v Juventus
Liverpool v Bayer Leverkusen.

Interesting to hear Leverkusen being called one of the weakest teams in the competition :rollseyes: come again they top their group ahead of Real Madrid and Roma, wonder what that makes Liverpool, runners-up in a much weaker group.

Munich Arsenal should probably be the best match of the evening, Real Juve is probably going to be a cagey affair, PSV Monaco could be intersting as well.

well bayern are three nil up and arsenal look shocking. I thin chelsea will loose to barca tommorow,and united will beat ac milan,due to shevchenko being out with a fractured cheekbone.

Tehehehe! This Arsenal game is funny!
<

Laured deserves a Red Card and a ban though...
<

So bloody annoying watching all the matches tonight, decided to flick between all four and have missed most of the goals. Leverkusen missed a sitter early on at Anfield, could have been a different game. Well done to Liverpool, didn't think they'd get that good a resut. Arsenal, just about alive, although they looked poor. Quality moments from Zidane tonight, just awesome to watch.

Bring on tomorow, think I'll just stick with the Barca Chelsea match.

i watched the Real/Juve game and half of the Liverpool/Leverkusen game.
Zidane and Figo were all class and i thought Real should have won by maybe another goal.
from the 1st half of the 2nd game id have to say im not very suprised. Like i said earlier, leverkusen dont exactly strike fear into most sides. especially away from home. there record on the road is pretty abismal.

Latest posts