• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Channel 10's World Cup Coverage

A

aussie_pride

Hey guys, for aussie viewers out there who were watching through channel 10...did anyone think the commentary was poor? does anyone know who the commentators were for fox sports? one last question...how come the 'world in union' anthem wasnt performed? (sorry if a thread was already created)

commentary was crap, but im just happy that its on free to air...

well most of the good games are anyways

yeah channel 10 is horrid. I'm so happy i have foxtel, atleast the people are better and I get to see all the games

yeah channel 10 is horrid. I get to see all the games [/b]
I think you'll notice that foxtel can't and as a result won't broadcast the semis, 3/4th play off and final.

well thats going to suck.... anyone know what the internet coverage is like? really rather not watch ch10

Tune's alright but the guy they've got leading the commentary is pretty balls. I think he usually does the v8s so f*** knows why they'd bring a noob in. His commentary sounds like the black kid in the wheel chair from Malcom in the Middle.

'I'll be honest I didn't even know they had that many referees' - I mean what the f*** keep your mouth shut.

I've noticed the pitch volume is noticeably quieter than other telecasts, which ****** all over the atmosphere. I'll have to put up with the foreigners on Fox Sports.

C10 are the only network i've seen capable of fitting an ad between a penalty and the ensuing scrum or a kick for touch and a lineout - Amazing stuff.

Yep, It's the pommy commentators on FOX for me too - " fabulous pass from George GrayGun" :lol: .... you would think after 123 caps they would know how to pronounce his bloody name.

The commentary on 10 is weak, the ad breaks are weak, and the camera mans persistance with filming between the touchies legs is weak...but with all that said...I have to say, the HD picture is superb!

hey the sat morning game - sa v england - kickoff off is 5am...

why is the 10 telecast start at 415?
fox telecast starts at 5...

is it just a mistake in the tv guide or have 10 learnt to bend time and space and play the game before it starts?

I watched the ch 10 preview show thing before the first game etc and knew then I would be watching the cup on foxsports. the pom commentary may be crap with the names but I think it's still better than the guys on ten doing the commentary.

hey the sat morning game - sa v england - kickoff off is 5am...

why is the 10 telecast start at 415?
fox telecast starts at 5...

is it just a mistake in the tv guide or have 10 learnt to bend time and space and play the game before it starts?
[/b]
yeah channel 10 try and analyse the game as much as possible. It really does get irritating hearing Rupert McCall try and call games. He talks in nothing but cliches, also the anecdotes he tells in the pre-game coverage are absolutely random and downright weird.

so i can conform that kickoff is at 5am - and i dont have to get up any earlier than 455am ?

so i can conform that kickoff is at 5am - and i dont have to get up any earlier than 455am ?
[/b]
yep thats right. To be safe, get up at around 4:50, but I guarantee that they will not cross to the game before 4:30.

At least it's better than what Channel 7 were doing.

I loved their 'live' coverage of games that feature 2 min commercial breaks between a score and the kick off.

I used to amuse myself by going back and forth between Foxtel and Channel 7, and as the game went on the Channel 7 coverage ended up being 10-15 minutes behind!

I loved their 'live' coverage of games that feature 2 min commercial breaks between a score and the kick off.

I used to amuse myself by going back and forth between Foxtel and Channel 7, and as the game went on the Channel 7 coverage ended up being 10-15 minutes behind!
[/b]
Thats true. I love Fox Sports...is there anyone out there who can cap games?. I think the thing that makes Channel 7 so good is the commentary from Gordon Bray, Tim Horan and Dan Crowley. Compare that to Rupert Mc'cantCallforshit' and Channel 7 doesnt look that bad. The thing that amuses me about Channel 10 is their choice in actually picking Rupert McCall...if you look at his profile on the channel 10 website or look him up on google, you'll actually find that hes never commentated on live sport before let alone a Rugby World Cup. The only thing hes done which comes close is hosting a sports radio program. The man is a poet and a public speaker by trade NOT a rugby commentator. Surely channel 10 could have hired someone with more commentating experience or got Gordon Bray on loan like itv got those two skysports commentators. Its such a shame because the commentary spoils the high definition coverage.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Thats true. I love Fox Sports...is there anyone out there who can cap games?. I think the thing that makes Channel 7 so good is the commentary from Gordon Bray, Tim Horan and Dan Crowley. Compare that to Rupert Mc'cantCallforshit' and Channel 7 doesnt look that bad. The thing that amuses me about Channel 10 is their choice in actually picking Rupert McCall...if you look at his profile on the channel 10 website or look him up on google, you'll actually find that hes never commentated on live sport before let alone a Rugby World Cup. The only thing hes done which comes close is hosting a sports radio program. The man is a poet and a public speaker by trade NOT a rugby commentator. Surely channel 10 could have hired someone with more commentating experience or got Gordon Bray on loan like itv got those two skysports commentators. Its such a shame because the commentary spoils the high definition coverage.
[/b][/quote]

Gordon Bray should've retired a loooong time ago.

He can't get the players names right anymore!

Plus, I'm not interested in hearing irrelevant obscure factoids about certain players' grandmothers.

I def think the Ch10 commentators suck.......better that the SA commentators from the S14 FOX telecasts though.