• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Churchill Cup

So the Saxons make the final by lots of points to not very many against the USA. Superb performances from 1-20 and 22 (Cipriani was shite), particularly from Flatman, Kennedy, Guest, Woods, Myler, Cato and Abendaman. An exciting future lays ahead for English rugby once the old boys are finally dropped from the 1st team.

And I thought USA v Saxons was painfully 1-sided; Georgia haven't even turned up against Ireland!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 14 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And I thought USA v Saxons was painfully 1-sided; Georgia haven't even turned up against Ireland![/b]

From RIPOFF internet place in Spain (that´s how much I love the forum)...

Yeah, that seems true, but Ireland playes **** in the second half.

Tony Buckley is a MONSTER in the loose. Felix Jones appart from one fock up (caused partially by an awkward bounce) played well. Fergus McFadden played well also but I don´t understand why he isn´t kicking instead of the placekicking shitness that is O´Connor.

really looking forward to the final. If Murphy and Sexton start at half back I fancy Ireland to win though we´l miss O´Brien who got sent home injured.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 15 2009, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And I thought USA v Saxons was painfully 1-sided; Georgia haven't even turned up against Ireland![/b]

head of Georgian team Tim Lane promises better play against Ireland A after being crashed by Canada 42-10

I hope so, every Georgian hopes so

Let's see what they will manage to do

Myler is really starting to look very, very good in the 15 man code isn't he? :bravo:

Anybody see Tomás O'Leary's antics on the sideline last night? :lol:

Anyway, Felix Jones is looking like a great poach, he should get a decent amount of gametime down here next season and if we lose a centre and fullback to injury I wouldn't worry about him starting in the HEC, he has overtaken Denis Hurley already it seems.

Niall O'Connor runs the backline well, but not as good as Sexton. His tactical kicking is ok, but not a patch on Sexton's, his goal kicking is awful. For the serious game next weekend, Sexton had better start, and if we really want to win McFadden should be goal kicker.

So for the Saxons start the same team except bring in Toner, Carr and Sexton.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Jun 15 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Myler is really starting to look very, very good in the 15 man code isn't he? :bravo:[/b]

The reason I've been harping on about him for the last 2 years!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 15 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Jun 15 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Myler is really starting to look very, very good in the 15 man code isn't he? :bravo:[/b]

The reason I've been harping on about him for the last 2 years!
[/b][/quote]

His decision making yesterday was top drawer. Great kicking game both out of hand and from the tee and when the space is there a wonderful pass to set the backline moving.

Also thought Waldouck was excellent yesterday B)

As I've already posted in this thread, that Saxons team (despite Varndell who even made a reasonable account of himself) looked much stronger the the 1st XV from 1 through to 15.

I'd go so far to say the only weak link was Cipriani who apparently only plays rugby due to his <strike>transexual relationships</strike> <strike>famous girlfriend</strike> reputation.

Bllalalalalalallaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

God save me from Suicide :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a f**k is 5-50 nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Shame :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim Lane improved, improved the record of loss

Mite how good is this James Downey lad? Last night was the first time I saw him and I thought he played alright but you never know in these sort of games. Has he been getting much gametime with Northampton?

He's the regular 12. A good defensive rock and not bad in attack either. He's beginning to form a very good partnership with Joe Ansbro.

Sound. We could do with a few more centres going forward what with D'arcy and Drico getting on in years. With the likes of him, Darren Cave, Fegus McFadden and Keith Earls things look nice and rosy.

I'd expect saxons to win on the weekend though to be honest. If Frank Murphy and Johnny Sexton start it could be close but if DK persists with Boss and O'Connor I can't see us staying within 15. It's a very strong saxons team.

Shame Sky can't find any decent commentators. Mark Robinson is a f***ing disgrace, I was in disbelief/ecstasy when Sky hired him and I didn't have to listen to him on Setanta any more. The guy from the Saxons match who says "that's quite brilliant" every phase really bugs me too.

Johnny Hammond is (quite) brilliant! - much better then that Irish pillock they use for all the celtic nations matches. I'm certain he's got his mind on other things whenever he's commentating.

That Irish guy (well British, seeing as he can't pronounce even the simplest Irish names) is who I am on about, I'd class him as worse than Stephen Jones in the "How the f*** does he get paid for that ****" leagues, because Jones is a WUM, I suspect he actually knows his stuff but has too much fun with his pro England/Wasps bias winding everyone up. Robson/Robinson whatever his name is, is just a f***ing retard.

Is this Irish fella we're talking about the one who seems to stress the vowels of a word when somebody scores a try?

I remember BOD scoring that wonder 'chip' try against Wasps last year.

Classic example. "It's messsssssmeeeeeeeeeeriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic."

Johnny Hammond isn't much better. He's too dull.

I like Miles Harrison though. There's something about how he dramatizes everything that really engrosses me into the match.

Johny Hammond is ridiculous, he used 'quite brilliant' at least 20 times a game. Im sure someone must have made a drinking game about it by now.

However I think you're being really harsh on this Irish guy (whos name no one seems to know, including myself), I think hes decent and there is nothing wrong with his commentating at all. Whats wrong with a bit of emotion?

While we're on this topic, can I ask why people like some commentators and dislike others? How do you like your commentators to be?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (best_fullback @ Jun 16 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How do you like your commentators to be?[/b]
Not Eddie Butler, Johnny Hammond or that Irish guy. If this is achieved then I like the commentator.

Latest posts