• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Churchill Cup

What have Leinsyer done giving us Felix Jones! hahahahaha!

Johne Murphjy scores.

England 17 - Ireland 39!

England Saxons 17 - Ireland A 49 ;)

Felix Jones (deservedly) gets MOTM

Fergus McFadden gets MVP of the Churchill Cup. Future's looking good for Ireland at centre :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 21 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Consolation try for Teh Mite's lover, Varndell[/b]

middle_finger.jpg

Irelands pack won that game. England didnt have a sniff of the ball and that's all that needs.

Plus Varndell needs to be *insert random violent incedent here* until his *insert painful injury here* and he retires.

****** literally shipped England 28 points. England lost by 27. Go figure.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 21 2009, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 21 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Consolation try for Teh Mite's lover, Varndell[/b]

middle_finger.jpg

Irelands pack won that game. England didnt have a sniff of the ball and that's all that needs.

Plus Varndell needs to be *insert random violent incedent here* until his *insert painful injury here* and he retires.

****** literally shipped England 28 points. England lost by 27. Go figure.
[/b][/quote]

Gotta take away the 5 points from his try though.

I did not expect such a good play from Ireland A

they have done very well and deserved that win

Bravo guyzzzzzzzzzzzz :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Toner, Boss, Cronin, F Jones, J Murphy, Muldoon tries gave the result

England Saxons 22 - 49 Ireland 'A'

That sums it up. Niall Ronan and Neil Best constantly spoiled and turned over English ball and the fire lit under our forwards, especially Donncha Ryan and Cian Healy and the tight 5 meant our ball was always secure.

Fergus McFadden was always a threat, he has real potential. Screw Darren Cave, and move Earls to the back 3. 10. Sexton 13. McFadden with Fergus taking the goalkicks and Sexton the long range kicks will serve Ireland and Leinster well down the road.

I have a massive f***ing smile on my face knowing Felix Jones will be playing for Munster next year :D

Kidney said it was the players day, and they could do what they like with the game, and every Irish man on balance outplayed their opposite number. Kidney really is a special coach, Best as captain was a masterstroke, without the responsibility he could easily have crossed the line he tiptoes either side of.

Mite I hate to take the attention away from our boys, but open your eyes, Myler was easily as bad as Varndell. I'd hate to think what you would have said about, Oh ROG for example if he had put in that exact performance. Poor tackling, poor defensive positioning, poor tactical kicking.

Also try's from

Boss - Ulster (by way of New Zealand)
Muldoon - Connacht
Jones, Murphy, Toner - Leinster
Cronin - Munster

Everyone contributing :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jun 22 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also try's from

Boss - Ulster (by way of New Zealand)
Muldoon, Murphy - Connacht
Jones, Toner - Leinster
Cronin - Munster

Everyone contributing :D[/b]

Murphy's of Connacht origin amigo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 21 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What have Leinster done giving us Felix Jones! hahahahaha![/b]
Giving him game time I hope. McFadden has been introduced into the first team, dont see much room for another with Kearney, Sexton and Fitzgerald. May as well let the lad go where he's needed.

Magners League (check), HEC (check), 6 Nations Grand Slam (check), Churchill Cup (check). Not a bad year. Just a shame the Welsh and English are going to f*** up the Lions for us eh?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jun 22 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Mite I hate to take the attention away from our boys, but open your eyes, Myler was easily as bad as Varndell. I'd hate to think what you would have said about, Oh ROG for example if he had put in that exact performance. Poor tackling, poor defensive positioning, poor tactical kicking.[/b]

I don't recall saying ANYONE in the England team wasn't poor. However to compare a 10 who barely got a sniff of the ball to a winger who literally refused to make 4 vital tackles on his wing is ********. - Myler did defend, goal kicking was no worse then Peenar on Sat - Defensively he's a 10 (They especially don't stop locks from 3m out) and the tactical kicking; One kick was too long and if Varndell wasn't a useless ******** the Garyowen at the end of the 1st half wouldn't have mattered. We will agree however that Cipriani added absolutely nothing by his addition.

Anyway, not to defend him because it's not deserved. England went in with the wrong game plan and suffered for it. Ireland starved us of ball then exploited the poor defence along our right flank.

Better team won on the night.

And Neil Best - Completely agree that the captaincy calmed him down. Added an awful lot to his game.

On the Neil Best thing. Did a good job at being in the ref's face but shutting up when the ref said so.

Oh, and besides one or two shabby passes (but not many) that scrumhalf looked fairly snappy. One to watch for England.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 21 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What have Leinster done giving us Felix Jones! hahahahaha![/b]
He looks like a superb signing for Munster and he'll have a great chance to stake his claim at fullback next year while Ronan O'Gara and Keith Earls are being rested at the start of the season. Room must be found for him in the 22 at least. As things stand I could see a full strength Munster backline looking like this:

15. Jones (could be Warwick or Earls either)
14. Howlett
13. Mafi
12. De Villiers (assuming he signs)
11. Earls (perhaps swap Earls and Jones)
10. O'Gara
9. O'Leary

With Peter Stringer, Toby Morland, Paul Warwick, Denis Hurley, Barry Murphy and Ian Dowling all capable of making an impact off the bench, Munster have serious options next year.

On the issue of Felix Jones leaving Leinster, it's a great move for his career. He was contending with Rob Kearney, Isa Nacewa, Girvan Dempsey and Luke Fitzgerald for the fullback jersey. That's not to mention Ireland under 20 fullbacks Ian Madigan and Dave Kearney along with the new wunderkind Andrew Conway who'll all be looking to grab the shirt in years to come. Jones has less traffic in his way at Munster and is joining a team which is even more successful that the one he' leaving.

Overall, taking the Churchill Cup and the two tests games which preceeeded it into account, a number of players put their hands up for inclusion in a full strength Ireland panel. Of the forwards, Niall Ronan and Neil Best were the most impressive. Fergus McFadden, Felix Jones and Barry Murphy were the pick of the backs. Coupled with that Gavin Duffy, Bob Casey and Ian Dowling took big backward steps over the course of the last month.

I'm gonna go ahead and make the safe bet that de Villiers is not signing for Munster. Rumours have been around for ages and there's no signs that their true. But we'll find out soon enough. Don't think he'd risk a world cup space by moving to Munster.

15. Jones
14. Howlett
13. Earls
12. Mafi
11. Murphy
10. O'Gara
9. O'Leary

Warwick > O'Gara but that will never happen.

Brian O'Driscoll doesn't play too many games for Leinster, just HEC games and most of the home ML games. I think he only played one away ML game this season or something like that, so McFadden should get some opportunity to play next season.

Still though, he basically said he was willing to sign for a team that would start him every week in his post match interview. GP take note.

Donnacha Ryan is now in the Munster first choice 22 after that outstanding performance last night, but I think he needs to sign for a team like Leicester for two years if he wants to break in to the Irish first team before the RWC, tough thing to do with two Lions ahead of you

Highlights
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

And the try of the night:
:D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/az6Y4d00m64&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/az6Y4d00m64&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jun 22 2009, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
England Saxons 22 - 49 Ireland 'A'
Kidney said it was the players day, and they could do what they like with the game, and every Irish man on balance outplayed their opposite number.[/b]

And isn't this red sentence that makes boys champions, and victory holders? ;)

Latest posts