Clermont v Llanelli

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Clermont%20Auvergne.png
Clermont v Llanelli
Llanelli.png
</div>

Well with Wasps and Munster clashing the previous day it's easy to see why this is considered one of the pools of death in this year's competition as the runners-up in the Top 14 take on the semi-finalists from last years competition at the Stade Marcel Michelin.

Sundays game will see the return of Stephen Jones to Clermont after a successful season there 2 years ago. Clermont have gathered together a formidable squad for this season with the likes of Juan Smit, Marius Joubert, Alex King all coming on board.

Given the relative weak starts that the other 2 sides have made to their season the winner of this encounter could go a long way to putting one foot in the quarter finals even at this early stage.

Llanelli by four!
If our forwards can match them.
If Peel and Jones don't crack like the egg O'Gara is.
If Regan King is marked and we have a back-up plan (Unlike against Bristol).
If none of our players get injured early on.
If Stoddart can handly numerous high balls.

ALL HAIL THE 'IF'!

It's a good opportunity to play Clermont now, because in few weeks, that team will become unbeatable.

Scarlets team to face Clermont

15 Morgan Stoddart
14 Dafydd James
13 Regan King
12 Gavin Evans
11 Matthew Watkins
10 Stephen Jones
9 Dwayne Peel (capt);
1 Iestyn Thomas
2 Matthew Rees
3 Deacon Manu
4 Vernon Cooper
5 Scot MacLeod
6 James Bater
7 Gavin Thomas
8 Alix Popham

Subs: 16 James Hayter, 17 Bruce Douglas, 18 Adam Eustace, 19 Dafydd Jones, 20 Gavin Cattle, 21 Rhys Priestland, 22 Garan Evans

Simon Easterby has been ruled out after bruising an arm while Mark Jones has also been omitted due to a slight knee injury.

Peel takes over captaincy from Easterby while Matthew Watkins replaces Jones on the wing.

Clermont where outstanding today. I noticed that the Scarlets ran far too often throughout the game. Their handling & turnovers cost them the game. Credit to the them for a little comeback, but Clermont finished in style.

Our set-piece was demolished and we made too many basic errors. Stoddart and King were both brilliant!

how i can have or buy the clermont t-shirt ?? someone?
[/b]

I'd imagine the club website would be as good a place as any to start.

Our set-piece was demolished and we made too many basic errors. Stoddart and King were both brilliant!
[/b]

I don't think they'll be the last team to have their set-piece demolished by Clermont either, seriously impressive performance from them and certainly putting down a marker for the pool, should certainly put the wind up Munster that's for sure.

was surprised by the score margin! but very well played clermont. it should be an interesting group!

I don't think they'll be the last team to have their set-piece demolished by Clermont either

[/b]

Naw, we'll squeeze Munster like last year ( B) ) and totally wreck the Wasps at the breakdown! I totally bet on that! :cheers:

It was a fantastic match to watch. Brilliant tries scored from everywhere. Clemont definately can make the next round. Must say I love their shirts.

One of the most interesting match to watch since a while.
Both teams have been brilliant and the score margin in perhaps too important considering the splendid game Llanelli produce.
The "Jaunards" scrum is monstrous and what a bench.

For shirts, you can give a look here http://asmboutique.com/index.php

Homme -> Men

Nice job from Clermont, if Biarritz can elevate his level, France can have 4 clubs in quarter final.

As ever the home advantage in the HC really told in this match. Clermont clearly played very well but i wouldnt bet against the tables turning back in Wales.

As ever the home advantage in the HC really told in this match. Clermont clearly played very well but i wouldnt bet against the tables turning back in Wales. [/b]

true of most home wins this week. Munster, Leicester, and Llanelli will all fancy their chances in the return legs.

Clermont was very good but Llanelli was not to bad, except in scrums.

King was brilliant. Their game was really pleasant ton watch but Montferrand was a bit better and Scarletts were strangely ou of game in the bigining of second half.

<div class='quotemain'> As ever the home advantage in the HC really told in this match. Clermont clearly played very well but i wouldnt bet against the tables turning back in Wales. [/b]

true of most home wins this week. Munster, Leicester, and Llanelli will all fancy their chances in the return legs.
[/b][/quote]

but none of Wasps, Leinster or Clermont will travel with the fear of the lesser sides in this competition either.

Latest posts