• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup QF. 1 - ASM Clermont Auvergne v RC Toulon

21 French players on pitch (replacements included) and in a game with Toulon. I'm almost surprised to find 11 Frenchmen at Toulon?! Must be a record for them. Where did they find that many French players for a wet game in Auvergne. Miracle :lol:

It's just our Top 14 refs are a bit more decisive reffing rucks. But I won't slate Wayne who gave us the win v Wales :rolleyes:

EDIT: correction! 24 French players in total. 11 for Toulon and 13 for Clermont.

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/champions-cup/2016-2017/live-asm-clermont-rugby-club-toulonnais_mtc897810/live.shtml

Last edited:
Barnes is very annoying with holding on imo. He makes players have to be held on for what seems like ages compared, to other refs. That's fine if that's how he sees it but it's so different to every other refs interpretation.

The new competition is better at getting the best teams to the semi final, only Leinster two years ago getting there ahead of Racing were undeserving, Exeter and Leicester were equal enough last year that'd be much of a muchness I imagine?

Latest posts