• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Clermont v Munster

Usual heart attack stuff from Munster. Missed a few chances, but so did Clermont. The French were quite awesome in the first half, with their left wing and hooker almost unstoppable in broken play, but the Irish know what to do in those situations and their try was a beaut.

Howlett was excellent, but made a couple of mistakes. Same with ROG - spot on with penalties and his flat passing, but the line kicking is still a bit off.

I'd forgive Flannery the stamping incident - his leg was being held illegally, and the stamp came accidentally from his attempt to free himself. His lineouts were good, and fair dues to him for backing off from a penalty infringement at a ruck in the last couple of minutes.

Some people hate Munster - but you can't deny they give good drama. The crushing of the Wasps will be a pleasure.
[/b]

How can you say you would forgive Flannery for the stamp? It was deliberate and malicious. Flannery should be banned for at least the rest of the season for this spitefull and cowardly act. Your defence of his actions are simply one eyed bias. :angry:

Would you believe I havent actually seen the incident (Call me Arsene Venger), but by all accounts it was a nasty looking thing. Press and public opinion over here mirrors yours and we fully expect the book to be thrown at him.

Unfortunately Bonnaire isn't the one holding his leg so I don't think he should be cut any slack or be allowed to use that as any kind of excuse. He's even looking down when he does it.

Looks nasty - but looks like an accident....He's hopping to his right. at the point of the stamp, his right foot is in the air too. If it was a deliberate attempt he'd have just used his right foot instead.

He'll still get done though.

I hadn't seen it until now, but there's no excuse for that whatsoever. He's got to be anticipating at least a 6 month ban, possibly longer.

<div class='quotemain'>I'd forgive Flannery the stamping incident - his leg was being held illegally, and the stamp came accidentally from his attempt to free himself. His lineouts were good, and fair dues to him for backing off from a penalty infringement at a ruck in the last couple of minutes.
[/b]

How can you say you would forgive Flannery for the stamp? It was deliberate and malicious. Flannery should be banned for at least the rest of the season for this spitefull and cowardly act. Your defence of his actions are simply one eyed bias. :angry: [/b][/quote]
Just calling it as I saw it - you must not punish people for accidents, no matter what the damage. The question is, Was it an accident? I think it was, which is a reasonable call - so I don't see how you can find bias in that.

No they didn't - not enough points :bleh!: Should have sent their full team to Munster.

well be thankful they didn't as things could have turned out differently in this pool

why does it always come back to Leinster, are you a closet fan or something?

****, you found me out.

Two biggest underperformers: Leinster and Wales.

I would be excira 'n delira to see them both perform.

Latest posts