• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Couple of RWC previews up online now

I can exclusively reveal the control system is pretty much the same as R08 with one or two things added for "chip kick" and the new ruck thing. Thats it!

Have you played the game, read any of the reviews or are you attempting to be a new comedian?

Last edited:
Have you played the game, read any of the reviews or are you attempting to be a new comedian?

No there is nothing funny about it. Just from all the pics and reviews it sounds like nothing much has changed from R08. Lets hope the small improvements have really helped make it a good game. But looking at the past games I don't have much faith. I have a bad feeling the ruck system is just like the old one, (where you just randomly pressed buttons and hoped for the best) just slightly changed to make it seem new. I hope I am wrong. Lets wait and see I guess

No there is nothing funny about it. Just from all the pics and reviews it sounds like nothing much has changed from R08. Lets hope the small improvements have really helped make it a good game. But looking at the past games I don't have much faith. I have a bad feeling the ruck system is just like the old one, (where you just randomly pressed buttons and hoped for the best) just slightly changed to make it seem new. I hope I am wrong. Lets wait and see I guess

So far the rucking systems sounds quite different to previous incarnations. Different rucking strategies can be employed, ANY player can get stuck in, quick ball is now possible, and it sounds like infringements can happen much more naturally in gameplay, based on ruck activity. Sounds pretty good to me.

I think what he is saying is, because I felt the same and I am sure many on this forum have aswell. Is that he thought and many thought he may post actual game play mechanics: example: press this button to apply pressure in the ruck, press this button to set up play, press this button to ect. We all love to know the actual game control mechanics, with no disrespect"I will be able to disclose the control system."
seems like he was going to go in deeper about the play mechanics, maybe, he was forbidden by the game producers, who knows?? In any case I am still gratefull for all the info.
Cheers and Salud

Latest posts