• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Apparently there has been some very good results using the anti-arthritis drug, Tocilizumab, in dealing with the worst case pneumonia cases.

Discovered and confirmed in China over the past week. Italy have seen very good results over the past couple of days and now racing to get it widespread.

Hopefully might go some way to drawing down that mortality rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're shutting down sporting and other events to fans right and left here in America. There's been so many announcements in the last few days that I can't keep up.

9685553.gif

Australian stocks have cratered, down 7% with Quantas Airlines down 10.4%
%3E

Last edited:
I'm the same way. If I take more than three days off it feels like I'm starting all over again. o_O
I've had to take nearly six months off from running. Feels like I'm now less fit than when I actually started. Then to top it all off, managed to get three good runs in a couple of weeks back and immediately got food poisoning and ended up with a lot more runs the following week, just of a different nature.

Luckily my gym is open for the week. They think they'll stay open because with no undergrads on campus only faculty and grad students would be using it so contact is minimum.

I'm concerned I'll have to become a runner or even worse, join the CrossFit near my apartment.

My gym is by my work (so 40-60mins from home depending on traffic) so if I'm working from home I guess I've gotta work out what I can do with my 10kg dumbbells in my living room

I've had to take nearly six months off from running. Feels like I'm now less fit than when I actually started. Then to top it all off, managed to get three good runs in a couple of weeks back and immediately got food poisoning and ended up with a lot more runs the following week, just of a different nature.

Sorry about your troubles. Hang it there and you'll persevere. You've got a good sense of humor which will be helpful.

Changed the ***le/moved the thread as I think it's gone beyond a singular game

Also: bottles of corona are 30% off in Tokyo, lol
#BlitzSpirit

Should we move the discussion across from the politics thread as well?

I kinda started talking more about it politics because it was way more to do with that now than the games themselves.

So after looking at everything I can, looks like the best advice it to just stay as healthy as possible. Eat plenty of veg, drink plenty of water and wait until it blows over which won't be for a while yet.

Glad the schools haven't shut. That would just mean kids being looked after by Grandparents which would worsen the situation.

At least Wales have been saved from a 4th straight defeat.

Anyone else getting forwarded that ******** info claiming to be from Stanford hospital? Just had to tell my sister in law that she was spreading potentially dangerous info. Few others in work also received it from otherwise intelligent people.

Apparently you only need to hold your breath for 10 secs to prove that you haven't contracted it!!

Latest posts