• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Oxford AZ, J&J and Sputnik are based on the same tech ie a deactivated Covid virus, whereas Moderna, Pfizer are mRNA based vaccines. So just a different way for how to boost the immune response to Covid as I understand it.

Oxford AZ, J&J and Sputnik are based on the same tech ie a deactivated Covid virus, whereas Moderna, Pfizer are mRNA based vaccines. So just a different way for how to boost the immune response to Covid as I understand it
Yes, I've heard exactly the same. Plus,that the AZ JJ and Sputnik tech is an "old tech" "used previously" or something like that, while Moderna/Pfizer is a "new" one. But I don't know much about it

Vaccination does seem to put a major dampener on even the Delta variant - it's the 20-29 YO age group (10-19 comes second, and 30-39 come 3rd*) leading the cases at the moment - so running comparatively rife in the unvaccinated, but really low numbers (currently) amongst the vaccinated.

ETA: Found the actual data, rather that PHE's graph over the entire 15 months which is unreadable for recent trends.
[source]
Still can't find data for vaccination rates by age group. Best I've found is subdivided data on total numbers vaccinated, by different age groups (eg all under 30s lumped in together - I can unpick the subdivisions, but not the lumping in)
Case rate by age (as good a substitute for vaccien uptake as there realistically is):
By Age.jpg

Number of hospitalisations with Covid, by English NHS region:
Hospital Beds Nationally.jpg

Total cases, by local authority (local to me) but including nationally:
Covid Recent.jpg

Thought there would be a spike in this area, 2 work colleagues have got it in the past couples of weeks whereas I think we were at 1 in the entire pandemic before hand (I work at a small site).

The good thing is the double jabbed guy is basically describing it as hayfever where as the guy earlier this year who hadn't had any was knocked off his feat for a week.

Thought there would be a spike in this area, 2 work colleagues have got it in the past couples of weeks whereas I think we were at 1 in the entire pandemic before hand (I work at a small site).

The good thing is the double jabbed guy is basically describing it as hayfever where as the guy earlier this year who hadn't had any was knocked off his feat for a week.
Yeah, hardly unexpected was it - seems like about half of our school are having 10 days at home at the moment.

Tewkesbury & Chelt are about where we were in late December, and increasing more rapidly (but note, labs closing for Christmas may have played a part in that). Glos was obviously way ahead of the curve back then though. Nationally the case rate is around where we were in early October.

Really good news though, is that Hospital occupancy rates haven't (yet) started increasing locally, with England only seeing a slight increase over the ast 2 weeks

Yeah, nsw never had a proper second wave like vic did so their leadership had a little false sense of security and did not lockdown soon enough is my theory, we'll see if they can get it under control, they claim to have the best contact tracers In the world

got my second shot on Friday (Pfizer) all good, no side effects that couldn't be explained just as easily as something else like just being tired

interestingly a vaccination certificate/passport was uploaded to my MyGov, I can get it in my phone which will be good for travelling

MyGov is the o online portal the aus government has you can link things like your tax and medical records etc

Last edited:
More than 22000 cases reported similar to October . But hospitalisations a fifth of what they were back in October.

more on Andrew Marr getting Covid despite being double jabbed with Pfizer.

Latest posts