• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Parents had their 3rd booster so far today. Neither reporting any major side effects.

My only booster wore off long ago. Last infection from Covid was end of June, so any antibodies from that apparently only lasts around 3 months.

Oh well, COVID's still a thing. Both Mrs OH and I have gone down with it for the first time. She's a couple of days ahead of me and if she's anything to go by I have a couple of days kip on the sofa to look forward to. Only fairly mild, but irritating, symptoms at the moment. We've had all the jabs available to us, but not yet the further booster.

Hope you're both feeling better soon - noticed a few people I follow on social media testing positive recently, presuming the uptick is linked to schools/unis going back
I always used to get rotten freshers flu every year

The cover up begins.
As a natural disaster do people think without hindsight, anything could have been done better.
Guess its our now blame culture always someone or an organisation usual public is to blame., not just nature.
Maybe all of us should respect the natural world, not the first and won't be last it bits humankind on its arse.

As a natural disaster do people think without hindsight, anything could have been done better.

Are you fuking for real? Fuk right off.

This very thread has loads of things they should have done - and none of it was proposed in hindsight.

Guess its our now blame culture always someone or an organisation usual public is to blame., not just nature.
Maybe all of us should respect the natural world, not the first and won't be last it bits humankind on its arse.
The UK had the highest death rate from Covid in Europe. They could see people were dying from it in Northern Italy. What did Bojo's Government do? Tell us to wash our hands and carry on including going to football matches, Cheltenham and contracting PPE equipment to their best buds which turned out to be not fit for purpose and billions wasted.

So yes, a hell of a lot of lessons to be learnt for the next one, and blame primarily with this Government to go around, which if we get so wrong again without learning would be criminal.

Given the number of co plaints made about mistakes as they happened, and have been confirmed as mistakes later - then yes, absolute things could have been handled better without requiring hindsight.
The fact, virtually every country in the world did better than the UK should tell you that.
Quite frankly, it's an ridiculous question to even pose, and actively offensive for anyone to pose whilst having access to... this thread, and the "previous page" button.

Gaslighting is not cool - especially when so ******* blatant.

I hope the public inquiry into Johnson's handling of COVID happens after Labour are in power so that the current shower can't pull strings to get him off the hook.

I got the latest booster shot available last week, making it the third shot I've gotten overall since the pandemic began in 2020. The card the Government gives you here in the USA only has room for one more vaccine notation and it doesn't mention anything about getting a renewal card. I'm sure that's because they didn't think the pandemic would last this long. :confused:

Last edited:
I got the latest booster shot available last week, making it the third shot I've gotten overall since the pandemic began in 2020. The card the Government gives you here in the USA only has room for one more vaccine notation and it doesn't mention anything about getting a renewal card. I'm sure that's because they didn't think the pandemic would last this long. :confused:
you have an actual card? mine is record on an app that i can then turn into a PDF or download to my apple wallet

you have an actual card? mine is record on an app that i can then turn into a PDF or download to my apple wallet
We have that option here, I just prefer the card. I don't have a cell phone anymore, by choice. Most of my communication is done by email on my lap top, but I've cut back on that too. It's a personal preference, I retired at 62 on July 1st and I really value not being tied to a cell phone. My wife has one which I could use to download the vaccine data, but I'm fine carrying the card in my old school leather wallet.

jason alexander wallet GIF

We have a landline phone which came with our Cable TV and Internet package. I've used it once since I retired to return a call from an old friend. :)

Last edited:
We have that option here, I just prefer the card. I don't have a cell phone anymore, by choice. Most of my communication is done by email on my lap top, but I've cut back on that too. It's a personal preference, I retired at 62 on July 1st and I really value not being tied to a cell phone. My wife has one which I could use to download the vaccine data, but I'm fine carrying the card in my old school leather wallet.

jason alexander wallet GIF

We have a landline phone which came with our Cable TV and Internet package. I've used it once since I retired to return a call from an old friend. :)
Just like me ,my favorite saying is "during the war" of course mine was a conflict in the South Atlantic and an island off our coast.
So really doesn't count bur I enjoy being an old fart.
Can't wait for power cuts to come when no one has Internet an doesn't know how to safely light a candle.
First World problems you have to laugh.

As the song goes, "second cut is the deepest"

Puzzling study. 2nd infection of Covid typically has worse symptoms than first (when comparing the same strain), with subsequent infections being successively milder on average.

So up here we finally, finally seem to be putting Omicron to bed thanks to Omicron specific boosters from Moderna for the over 50s.

Meanwhile, in China - 'strongman' gonna strongman.

Reportedly almost two thirds of the Chinese GDP is in areas now eligible for the Covid zero treatment. So the enigmatic idiot that is Xi must choose between literally destroying his already flagging economy OR accept he has got it wrong, relax restrictions and, because he has only permitted inferior domestic vaccines, potentially see fatality rates like we saw in Hong Kong back in spring. This would translate into many hundreds of thousands of deaths in mainland China, possibly millions if they have loads of elderly folk, which is not sure about given the cultural revolution in the 60s that managed to kill so many who would be elderly today had they lived.

Unless I'm missing some major advance China has made (or their vaccination rate is way beyond HK) then we are going to witness a potential catastrophe there in the coming months. One of the most technologically advanced nations on earth, the first to be exposed to the virus and the nation still a prisoner to Covid after even the third world has got it largely licked. Bloody tyrants!

Latest posts