• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

I believe Scotland women are an amateur set up. So it's possible most the team didn't have contact with her.

Now that the Italy-England match has been postponed, I have cancelled my accomadation in Rome and got 50% back, don't suppose I'll get anything back from Easyjet as a) they haven't cancelled my flight and b) the F&CO have not issued a "do not travel to Rome" notice, so won't be able to claim on my travel insurance if I cancel the flights.
My ticket supplier in Italy has assured me that I will either get a full refund of the match ticket or renew the ticket for whenever the match is played, so that's something.
All in all, looks like I'll be around £600 out of pocket, just because the Foreign Office won't pull their fingers out.
Keith

I mean I'd still talk to your travel insurance company they may tell you to sod off but as your reasons for traveling have been cancelled and it was out your control you might be due something.

Worst that that will happen is they'll tell you no.

I mean I'd still talk to your travel insurance company they may tell you to sod off but as your reasons for traveling have been cancelled and it was out your control you might be due something.

Worst that that will happen is they'll tell you no.
This

When I was considering cancelling my trip to Japan I saw a bunch of people on Reddit managed to claim back because they could prove that things they were going for were cancelled (Disneyland etc) so their trip was ruined.

The only shortages so far are hrt patches, would you like me to look out for some for you.....

Ugh. You do realise that with the agreement being signed we are in the transition phase. :rolleyes:

If there had been no deal, as Boris was perfectly happy to do, then things would have been very different.

To pharaphrase Spock with regards democracy; "The ignorance of the many are greater than the knowledge of the few."

b) the F&CO have not issued a "do not travel to Rome" notice, so won't be able to claim on my travel insurance if I cancel the flights.
Keith

Amazing isn't it.

Wonder how long the FCO would wait till advising not to travel?

Bozo is in control. Italy are locking down half their country as we speak, with the other half likely to lock down next week too, but Britain's finest in Whitehall are still bumbling about trying to prevent a run on loo roll in Tesco.

BBC now reporting it as confirmed by the French sports minister.

UK government saying its not changing its policy and does expect to start cancelling sporting events in the immediate future.

Suggests we might get past this weekend (Cheltenham currently occurring as well, which feels a bit mad but too much money in it for those running the event to stop without government intervention and if they were to cancel that it would require shutting many other events) but expect changes short to mid-term.

I guess 6 nations wise with the only game occuring in the UK being internal its not a huge worry.

So is the plan to wait till it does spread en-mass at a big event then cancel them from that point onward?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/c...11184164_optimised-uk_cases_byday_8mar-nc.png

Does the wee bar have to hit a threshold before they decide it might be worthwhile trying to reduce the potential for it jumping four or fivefold overnight?

We are currently running at an average increase of 35% every day.

By this time next week (16th), we are looking at 3,000 cases in the UK.
By this time 2 weeks (23rd), we are looking at 24,500 cases in the UK.

Assuming ~10% of cases needing critical care (which based on Italy is optimistic), and there being < 4500 critical care beds across the UK, with only around 20% of those available at any one time, by the 18th of March the NHS will be at breaking point.

By the 24th March, even if every existing ICU bed could be cleared of its current patient, the NHS couldn't cope.

Temporary beds will alleviate the pressure a bit. But by 31st of March we're looking at 270,000 cases with perhaps 27,000 of those needing critical care.

So just what the f**k are they waiting on before trying more drastic measures to slow down the spread?

[Even by removing outliers in the statistics, the growth rate is still 30% per day]

Last edited:
So is the plan to wait till it does spread en-mass at a big event then cancel them from that point onward?
Sure...look I'm not going round the roundabouts with you again on this. Experts aren't contradicting the government, you think you know better than the experts, that pretty much much the end of argument for me.

Sure...look I'm not going round the roundabouts with you again on this. Experts aren't contradicting the government, you think you know better than the experts, that pretty much much the end of argument for me.

The numbers speak for themselves.

If this is what the experts are recommending, they need to go look in the mirror.

If this is not what the experts are recommending and they are going along with it without saying a word, they need to look in the mirror.

The numbers in my last post don't lie. The current policy is leading straight to a national epidemic and collapse of the health service.

blah blah blah.....I know better.....thats all your posts amount to

seriously we aren't going to agree until experts speak out (at which point I'll join the bandwagon with you) however I will state this according to the experts an epidemic of some proportion is inevitable the entire policy is about minimising impact both economically and on the health service

I've attached a graph to illustrate what is being attempted. Your entire problem is that you assume an epidemic can be stopped or halted.

Attachments

• 88265952_2568456420091064_4181770877408378880_o.jpg
    88265952_2568456420091064_4181770877408378880_o.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 9
the entire policy is about minimising impact both economically and on the health service

I've attached a graph to illustrate what is being attempted. Your entire problem is that you assume an epidemic can be stopped or halted.

I agree with that being the realistic objective.

But in that previous post I indicated why at current rates the current approach is failing miserably at that.

Unless you believe that (i) the current case numbers are incorrect or (ii) there will be a change in infection rates due to some reason (please feel free to outline it) then its a matter of days from sh|t hitting the fan.

Just heard a rumour that in Italy they are triaging cases; if you are over a certain age or have an underlying condition, you aren't getting intensive care, but instead left on side wards to fight it off on your own while the intensive care beds are saved for younger patients. As you might suspect, survival rates aren't great there.

Latest posts