• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crap Kits Cause Bankrupcy!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Jul 16 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Aye, I wear KooGa liquid pro stuff at Aberdeen and it's tight as hell. It's not very flattering when you're a 16.5st hooker![/b]

Havnt been able to wear a Bristol shirt with comfort since the Puma days, the days of Gus Pichot, Felipe Contepomi etc.

We were a good team back then, oh the memories.

Oh I know. I'm actually not fat, I'm just a big bulky front row, but these tight fitting shirts are no use for binding at scrum time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Jul 17 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh I know. I'm actually not fat, I'm just a big bulky front row, but these tight fitting shirts are no use for binding at scrum time.[/b]

Correct me if I am wrong, but the whole tight fit shirt thing, didn't it become popular around the same time as a lot of rugby league players and "coaches" joined the union cash cow? I know Wasps really got into it at the same time as "defensive coach" Shaun Edwards became the power behind the coach at the club.
Maybe its just me wanting a grumble at a man who never played top class union, and was never really a top class coach and only went to South Africa with the Lions because
of the same Wasps connection that took a lot of under achieving or under performing people on the Lions tour???

I think the tight fitting shirts really took off in 2003 I think, and since then manufacturers release new shirt season after season claiming about technological advances (tight fitting, this ionx pish in canterbury shirts) and that's why shirts are so tight now...not that comfy really though!

Maybe, but I just had to get in the dig about Shaun Edwards. What does a former rugby league player bring to the table as a rugby union defensive coach? In my opinion nowt, and in JPR Williams' opinion nowt. (Should that be in my claim to fame as well?)

I've always thought that Rugby league coaches offer a lot to defence in Union, but bugger all else.

My brother plays rugby at the University of Pretoria and they were suppose to get all their kit from Canterbury, just before their first game they recieved only shorts and socks and were informed that they had to get jerseys from somewhere else. About 5 guys shorts were torn in the first game, shows you how crap the quality is. My brothers team had their jerseys made by Barbarian, at the factory where they got their jerseys from there was R500000 worth of gear that Barbarian had to make for Canterbury that's just lying there.

Latest posts