• Ben Smith

• Connor Murray

• Owen Farrell

• Kieran Read

• Dane Coles

• Someone Else

• Aaron Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.
No Sam Davies in any of these teams? Shocking ;)

I won't do one, some of the ones above are actually really quite good :)

I couldn't see him making an Ireland backrow either tbh... He'd struggle to start for Leinster with all options.

pah, I fully believe that if he was from Dublin, you'd be heralding him as a great! SOB is a great player as well, but Imo if Tips was Irish SOB would never have switched from his original position of blindside (although when fit Ferris was an awesome 6 as well).

Tipuric has been consistently excellent for 6 or more years now. Garlands selection policy and game plan has held him back though, hence my original post on the subject. Because of it I'm not necessarily putting him forwards to be in a world XV, or at least can understand why most wouldn't select him.

Acctually, as well as Joshua Tuisova on the Wing Nakawara in the Row with Rettalick.. another sensational player lost to the Top 14.

Only fit people:

1. M Vunipola
2. D Coles (just pips Creevy)
3. T Furlong
4. B Retallick or Eben Etzebeth
5. S Whitelock
6. S Kolisi
7. S O'Brien
8. K Read
9. Smith (just!)
10. B Barrett
11. R Ioane
12. R Crotty
13. J Davies
14. N Milner-Skudder
15. I Folau

16. A Creevy
17. Coenie Oosthuizen or Tendai Mtawarira
18. N Laulala
19. M Itoje
20. A Savea (the best sub back row in the world)
21. C Murray
22. O Farrell
23. L Williams or A Watsom

Nemani Nadolo. Absolute beast and has to be in a world XV, very few are better than him. I'd say he should go in for NMS

I don't watch enough rugby from other places to name a team. But, I'm surprised at the frequency of Furlong being named in teams above.

Was not impressed with any of the Lions tightheads, although Sinckler was good in the sub role. Even against the SR teams , usually, the Lions scrum struggled or had only parity until the subs came on at which point it really stretched the Franchise's depth.

My thoughts was the trouble was consistently in the Lions TH side rather than LH.

I understand he's promising, and he was a human wrecking ball in the loose last Autumn Internationals v All Blacks.

Conversely, Marler who was an absolute joke the last time I saw him play (RWC 2015), seemed a man transformed. Was impressed with him, although he was usually in the sub role, but he'd make a visible difference. McGrath was solid.

I've gone for Itoje just ahead of Retallick for the world's current best player.

Admittedly my viewpoint will be biased by the fact that I see Itoje far more than Retallick, but I've given Maro the edge because of his athleticism.

Also, whilst I'm on the subject, I would never consider a Back to be the best player in the world. To my mind there are 8 core elements/skills in rugby; passing, tackling, running, kicking, scrummaging, mauling, rucking, and the lineout. The skill levels of most Backs are either poor or non-existent at 4 of these core elements.

Last edited:

Latest posts