• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Daniel Carter

DC is still the man??

• DC is still a marvel(See what I did there?)

Votes: 39 92.9%
  • Overrated sheep shagger.

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

ConradCarter

Academy Player
is the best player in world rugby! Fact! So, why do so many people feel like he's overrated or passed his prime. Dude is still only 28. DC still rules, yes?? If i'm not convincing you, feel free to pipe in. I think part of this threads creation is due to my man love for DC.

Just fellow Rugby fans that I talk with. I think in certain parts of his game he's got better. You always get the haters no matter how good someone is.

Bloody good player, good to see him back on a high level again.
They are just jealous

Carter's such a talented fly-half, why on earth are you suggesting that he's passed his heyday?

He's definately up there with the current worlds best players. In rugby its hard for me to say whom the best player in the world is for reasons I cant be stuffed going into. He brings a lot for a first five eight good hungry defence, good attributes (height, weight and strength), above average goal kicking, great runner with good speed and a strong fend, good vision and a good passing game.

Now that I think about it he does have an edge over the current world first fives because of what he offers his team. Morne Steyn is a good more reliable kicker, ok defender, good passing game but an ordinary runner. Quade Cooper good runner with a great step, ok sometimes unpredictably flash passer, ok kicker. Look I could go on with these comparisons but one thing that stand out for me is how Carter can have those games where he stands out like the one against the Lions, Cooper and Steyn are both fairly new but you dont see them having a star performance quite like Carter can.

All and all best player in the world???...I dont know more like best first five in the world.

Disregard the one "overrated' vote, I didn't click where I wanted to :p

I don't really see any other FH that is close to DC atm, maybe Cooper? Hopefully Steyn after a few years...

Will Greenwood says he'd pick Cooper over Carter. I just laugh.

will_greenwood.jpg

Haven't seen that posted in a while :p

conrad carter ..My guess is you are dan carter..or related to him :p

but yes i agree best allaround player in the world if you were t take in every aspect of the game

conrad carter ..My guess is you are dan carter..or related to him :p

but yes i agree best allaround player in the world if you were t take in every aspect of the game

I dont think he'd make a good scrummager or line out jumper.

yeah but better than any forward would be at kicking passing running lines and spotting gaps....overall is what i was talking as he can kick superbly ,tackle very well , puts his men through any gap in defence as he wishes , he has bags of pace and very strong runner too ..so maybe his scrumming would be below par yes but overall the best rounded player in rugby I belive .