• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Darhf's Player Editor

can you add a function that could allow us to edit created players?

I wanna make my created a star player

awsome work darhf

im assuming we will get to alter special abilities in later versions?

Originally posted by BOKean@Feb 27 2006, 10:49 PM
awsome work darhf

im assuming we will get to alter special abilities in later versions?
Yes, I'm on it.

But I haven't found star abilities yet.

hey Darhf

What language are you using to write your editor?
And what are you using to open those files.

im a programmer so pretty interested to find out but if its a trade secret then its fine

cheers

Originally posted by gallopaway@Feb 28 2006, 01:44 AM
hey Darhf

What language are you using to write your editor?
And what are you using to open those files.

im a programmer so pretty interested to find out but if its a trade secret then its fine

cheers
No trade secret here,

I'm using delphi 7 + some exotic components for interface.

I opened the file with a classic binary file editor, found a pattern (1 record=100 Byte) and parsed it into a delphi app, trying to find which byte means what.

Next version will at least allow abilities and positions modification.

Later, I'll add compatibility with rosters saved in-game.

Impact (Star) abilities are still a mistery. They may be stored separately, so don't expect impact abilities in my app.

Any feedback ?

How come the endurance has a question mark on the end. Are you not sure it is endurance or something?

Originally posted by aaron118@Feb 28 2006, 06:11 AM
How come the endurance has a question mark on the end. Are you not sure it is endurance or something?
exactly ;)

There are several "hidden" capacities, and this one happen to be in the middle of the "classic" ones.

Another poster PMed me to say it might be discipline instead of endurance.

Star players are the ^ on the end of the name.

Just delete it or add it to change star players!

Hope this helps :D

Originally posted by spearman@Feb 28 2006, 09:02 AM
Star players are the ^ on the end of the name.

Just delete it or add it to change star players!

Hope this helps :D
that only takes the star from the end of their name in roster management...

play the gameand the star is there - and they still play like star players

I'm very sorry but I don't understand what do U mean exactly by "reset rosters" after launching the game. (sorry i'm french ^^)

Is it to delete the file roster.rdf?
Change the squad ingame?

Plz answer cause i'm sure i've made an error and, for the moment, it doesn't work at all for me :( .

Thx

Originally posted by BonnotXV@Feb 28 2006, 12:40 PM
I'm very sorry but I don't understand what do U mean exactly by "reset rosters" after launching the game. (sorry i'm french ^^)

Is it to delete the file roster.rdf?
Change the squad ingame?

Plz answer cause i'm sure i've made an error and, for the moment, it doesn't work at all for me  :( .

Thx
Click "Effectifs par defaut" on the "Mon Rugby" section.

Hi Darhf,

Could you include Commentary Reference, this would make it alot easier to find the players real names and correct them.

Thanks

...this might sound stupid...but could you also include in your new version a "search" feature?

cos the list isnt in alphabetical order

...this might sound stupid...but click on the tab marked name and that should fix it

Originally posted by EVOL@Feb 28 2006, 05:21 PM
...this might sound stupid...but click on the tab marked name and that should fix it
this might sound stupid....but i still dont getchya :wall:

Hey Dharf, awesome player editor by the way. I played around with the heights and weights of players to make them closer to what they actually are (surprisingly most were accurate already!) but afterwards it looks like all the players in the teams I modified appear to be the same size as one another when I actually play a game, their stats report their correct height but for e.g. Steve Devine(halfback 5ft 10') appeared the same height as Ali Williams(Lock 6ft 7'). Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me but can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Hey good work Dharf, can you tell me, where it says in the readme

"- Set your EA Rugby 2006 Installation directory in the "Game directory" Field" do you mean C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS (default)

Originally posted by Quintes@Mar 2 2006, 04:55 AM
Hey good work Dharf, can you tell me, where it says in the readme

"- Set your EA Rugby 2006 Installation directory in the "Game directory" Field" do you mean C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS (default)
Wherever Rugby06.exe is, click the '...' button. Default should be 'Program Files\EA Sports\Rugby 06'

Latest posts