• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dear HB, If you are adding online tournament functionality...

mcougy

Academy Player
... then I recommend, as a PR/marketing initiative, hosting an open online tournament with some prize money for the winner. Give everyone a week or so after its initial release to hurry up and buy their copy and start getting good. This way you're rewarding the early adopters of the game (... i.e. your biggest supporters :D).

It's probably the responsibility of the publisher to handle the PR/marketing of the game, so just pass the idea along if you think it's worth it.

It would be amazing if they could launch the game with players from each country signing copies of the game or playing the new game against members of the public in places like HMV or Game. However, I doubt that this would ever happen due to the cost!

It could happen in Australia, as publicity is in most of the players contracts, for promotion of the sport, as this game would... however nothing is more depressing than no one showing up to signings.

It could happen in Australia, as publicity is in most of the players contracts, for promotion of the sport, as this game would... however nothing is more depressing than no one showing up to signings.

I'd show up, but then again I live 5km from the Sydney city centre. (Although I'd probably still go if I lived out where I used to, on the outskirts of town)

Would a game signing come under player contracts, is the biggest question, however.

I think it depends a lot on when the game is released as if it clashes with the RWC 2011 there is no chance the players would be available to promote/launch/sign copies of the game.

Yeah it would be pretty sweet to take on the All Blacks at Rugby 2012. I've seen videos of some of them having there own Rugby 06 Tournament, I think Piri Weepu and Keven Mealamu were the two best...

Ha, true... i just went and found the video. him and Sione Lauaki 19-14

Latest posts