• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Disc Read Error

B

BazLovejoy

Hi Guys

Just found this forum wicked!!

Does anyone know if theirs anything i can do to fix my PS2 i keep gettin the message Disc Read Error? The only game that'll play is Rugby League, which is awesome but just gettin a bit bored of it now.

Cheers

Baz

New laser. Mine's on it's way out as well.

Cheaper to buy a new unit to be honest.

Cheers mate ive had a new laser put in at a cost of £50 and its happened again. Is there no way of cleaning the lens?

Cheers

Not too sure, I'm not a technical person really... Sounds like a new PS2 is needed.

One my mates has gone through 3 ps2's due to this error. He got the first one replaced for free by Sony though.

Good tip, bin the ps2 & buy an xbox!
<

Only joking, I don't want to start the xbox v ps2 arguments in this thread, I think we have had one too many of those on this forum!!
<

Don't leave your PS2 on the carpet, don't touch the lens, don't spill any liquid on your PS2. three ways of avoiding errors.

Oh, and, Xbox = rulezzzzz lolol

Its easily fixed, PS2's are dust magnets and those lenses get quickly real easy.

Try the methods outlined in this link, worked for me and Ive not had a problem since....

Fix PS2 Disc Read errors

That whole replacing the drive stuff came about because Sony engineers are a bunch of cowboys who knew how cheaply put together the PS2 was and wanted to make some more money off us
<
There is no need to ever replace the laser unless its a mechanical fault.

Rant over.

Latest posts