• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Do the northern hemisphere teams have any advantages?

I'd rather have Shane Williams and O'Driscoll proved he was better than Greenwood in the 2001 Lions tour and countless times after that.

Countless times, are you being serious? In that dominant england era greenwood looked every bit as good as o'driscoll. I seem to remember greenwood being a focal point of the team that beat ireland 42-6 in the grand slam decider in world cup year where o'driscoll was pretty much non-existent in the game.

Yes I agree with you Greenwood played better than O'Driscoll, while he was playing with the to be world cup winners of that year whereas O'Driscoll was playing with the foundations of an Irish team that would only win the Grand Slam six years later. Also, has O'Driscoll has not done anything to prove he is one of, if not the best centres ever to play the game since then?
EDIT: Greenwood doesn't get into that group.

Last edited:
Yes I agree with you Greenwood played better than O'Driscoll, while he was playing with the to be world cup winners of that year whereas O'Driscoll was playing with the foundations of an Irish team that would only win the Grand Slam six years later. Also, has O'Driscoll has not done anything to prove he is one of, if not the best centres ever to play the game since then?EDIT: Greenwood doesn't get into that group.
Have to agree with the above.

Bump.

Well despite the lack of respect for NH teams, it looks like there wasn't much between the hemispheres after all. France came within a kick of beating NZ in their own back yard.

We're definitely the underdogs. Although besides Italy the VI Nations tournament only includes prime teams really...all of which have always been capable, solid teams to say the least...and I've read someone on this thread mention there were more NH teams but it's obviously not a question of quantity and of course really a question of quality.

France and England are the only NH teams to have made it to the Finals right ? (processing cerebral data...).....yeh. They are...
France did make it 3 times in 7 WC which is pretty incredible given our calibre - and England actually got one. What a kick that was from Wilko...

But who knows...after coming up short and so close (a single point !!!) to the trophy - when in the world would we ever get back to the Finals and actually win one !!....

Countless times, are you being serious? In that dominant england era greenwood looked every bit as good as o'driscoll. I seem to remember greenwood being a focal point of the team that beat ireland 42-6 in the grand slam decider in world cup year where o'driscoll was pretty much non-existent in the game.

Greenwoods defence was never up to the standards that BOD has since set...offensively BOD in his prime > Greenwood in his prime. I don't think that is an unfair statement either.