• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dream Backrow unit

superprop

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
It's pretty important. Showcases most of the skills necessary for rugby and needs to be well balanced. 6 a lineout option, big carrier, big hitter and smashes rucks. 7 link man between backs and forwards, slighter than backrow colleagues, usually a fetcher and vital for your own rucks creating quick ball. 8 old school big strong guy for making yards off back of scrum i.e.Chabal, Jones. New breed athletic, all over the place, considered to have a bad game if they don't make a 40 yard run, ball carriers, lineout options and generally talismans. i.e.Heaslip, Reid, Parisse. Is this way everywhere apart from France and S.A. where openside and blindside switch numbers. Also Ireland don't really use a 7.

My biased but so good backrow:
6. O'Brien
7. Pocock
8. Heaslip

Probably not the best, I haven't watched much of the Aviva or Magners League, but for what its worth-

6. Schalk Burger-gets through a damn mountain of work, tackles his ass off every game and throws his weight around. From what I've seen of SOB in the HEC I'd pick him, but that's only been a few games so that's not enough.
7- Pocock-beast
8-Kieran Read-Love all the link up work he does, is everywhere on the field, just seems like a pure rugby player. If Spies ever gets back on top form and shows his explosiveness like he used to, I'd have him in my team just for that wow factor he can bring.

I'm in love with SA loosies so depending on what Brossouw and Smith do when healthy perhaps them. Heaslip is always good when I see him. As a ST fan I like Dusautoir a lot for his tackling but not really the ball carrier.

6 Lydiate
7 Warburton
8 Faletau/Delve

OR

06 Daniel
07 Deysel
08 Kankowski

webellisDM0509_468x346.jpg

:p

How about this for the Springboks?

06 Brussow
07 Smith/Deysel
08 Vermeulen/Kankowski

Add Ben Morgan to the Welsh backrow, for Olyy's pic. ;)

6. SOB/Ferris (don't make me chose)
7. Pocock
8. Heslip (i may be bias)

Ferris: Still think at his best is better than Kaino, O'Brien or Croft
Pocock: Really starting to play better than McCaw
Harinodiquy: Between him, Parisse, Heaslip and Reid I think it's pick your favourite but they all could fit in their.

It's pretty important. Showcases most of the skills necessary for rugby and needs to be well balanced. 6 a lineout option, big carrier, big hitter and smashes rucks. 7 link man between backs and forwards, slighter than backrow colleagues, usually a fetcher and vital for your own rucks creating quick ball. 8 old school big strong guy for making yards off back of scrum i.e.Chabal, Jones. New breed athletic, all over the place, considered to have a bad game if they don't make a 40 yard run, ball carriers, lineout options and generally talismans. i.e.Heaslip, Reid, Parisse. Is this way everywhere apart from France and S.A. where openside and blindside switch numbers. Also Ireland don't really use a 7.

My biased but so good backrow:
6. O'Brien
7. Pocock
8. Heaslip

In France they don't change numbers, they play left and right flanker. That's why french backrowers usually both sides (Dusautoir, Bonnaire, Ouedraogo), or all three backrow positions (Harinordoquy), and that is also why foreign backrowers that come to France tend to polifunctionality (Fernandez Lobbe, Van Niekerk, George Smith, Masoe).

My dream backrow:
O'Brien
McCaw
Read

19. Harinordoquy (for polifuncionality)

For a 30-man squad I would include Pocock as backup openside.

Latest posts