• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Rugby 2008 Discussion Thread

<div class='quotemain'>
Why the question mark after the post ***le locks ? There is no question about it. Have also heard from sources other than yours that this game HAS indeed been squished. There is far too much work to be done on 360 and ps3 and apparently EA just cant justify it at the moment. 360 and to compound matters ps3 have hit at the wrong times for us rugby fans.
Its exciting next gen times not niche sport past gen times.

sad.gif

PS Locks, when are you bringing you little wii round for me to laugh at ?
[/b]

From the Rugby '07 cancelled? thread.

Just for laughs.
[/b]

I was informed that 07 had been cancelled. I wasnt informed that an 08 was in development. Lets be honest you seem to have turned this into a personal issue between your good self and moi. I am absolutely delighted that there is a rugby 08. Couldnt care less if people think my info is shite etc. Just because I approach things in a different manner, I want a rugby ***le as much as you.

I have been around on many rugby forums for some considerable years. I certainly dont think my love of rugby games should be in question so from my point of view at this very moment in time we are all winners.

Fantastic news. !!!!

P.S I will let you know what its like as soon as I can. ;)
[/b][/quote]

If anyone actually read your threads they'd realise what you said still stands true - there won't be a rugby 2007. Case closed

I read those threads and your right. I participated in them too. It's hugely obvious that if there was to be a game out in the third or fourth quarter of this this year it'd be Rugby '08.

I'll also point out that the info never gave ANY hope for a game this year. Or on the new consoles. Which is why I gave Knowsley a bit of a ribbing over this. He has even shown through some posts in Ruby '07 cancelled that he didn't see a Rugby '08 next gen game coming. Thats fine, no one on this forum did.

He very obviously has sources which are quite reliable nearly all the time. He is a far more invaluable asset info-wise to this forum than I could ever be.

Just a laughs. Or did I say that already, lol?

Oh yeah, sorry for ignoring your "Case closed".

I read those threads and your right. I participated in them too. It's hugely obvious that if there was to be a game out in the third or fourth quarter of this this year it'd be Rugby '08.

I'll also point out that the info never gave ANY hope for a game this year. Or on the new consoles. Which is why I gave Knowsley a bit of a ribbing over this. He has even shown through some posts in Ruby '07 cancelled that he didn't see a Rugby '08 next gen game coming. Thats fine, no one on this forum did.

He very obviously has sources which are quite reliable nearly all the time. He is a far more invaluable asset info-wise to this forum than I could ever be.

Just a laughs. Or did I say that already, lol?

Oh yeah, sorry for ignoring your "Case closed".
[/b]

I didnt think there would be a rugby game this year ( apart from Blue Bulls of course ). There is going to be a rugby game this year ( " SUPERB NEWS " )

Fact is I could come on here every time there is some new info and go " Yeah knew about that 3 weeks ago ", " Heard about that over a month ago " etc.

Or I could pass on what I have been told and quite probably put myself in the firing line when things are incorrect. Things like ...

, " No that team isnt in ", " Dummies are in " ( Which I believe was an item I did clear up before the release of Rugby 06 ??? ), etc.

At the end of the day some people appear to appreciate the info and so I will continue to fill in the gaps where possible.

If im wrong, shoot me ! :D

I need to put more smiley emoticons in. It might help me. My posts always look *****y without them. It's just I'm at work and only have time for Fast Reply. Sometimes it doesn't go over well. Obviously.

Anyhow, back to the interesting stuff. What would you hope to see in this new game when it comes out?

I'm hoping a few little touches get fixed too. Like a ref on the field. It adds a little more realism. Ultimately not important, but what the heck.

id like chip kicks too, like one on one with the full back and sending a cheeky chip of the top, id like dummy passes to work, sidesteps to be awesome, and players size to play much more of an impact!!

I actually wish also that they use the Madden game engine to build the rugby game on!

Just pinned this thread, so this can be the Rugby 2008 discussion thread.

Oh, I almost forgot.................GREAT NEWS!! finally we are getting a new rugby game!!

i just wanna see a X360 screenshot

some biffs
offloading left or right options
proper rucking, like JLR or WCR.....better than the EA isolation lottery tactic
kick for goal like the new Madden kicking or Tiger Woods stick flick.
Classic Lomu
Classic Eales
Classic Obugu

get rid of World League and make a proper season where u pick ur S14 team, and nation, and international selections are picked on form - make it a 10year or 20year franchise, with RWC every 4 years and Lions Tours

id like chip kicks too, like one on one with the full back and sending a cheeky chip of the top, id like dummy passes to work, sidesteps to be awesome, and players size to play much more of an impact!!
[/b]
Definately need a good chip kick. Custom set plays would be an awesome addition as well.

If it is coming out on the 360, then it'll be the first HD rugby game out!

Amazon has got rugby 2007 listed as xbox 360, pc & ps2. Looks like there is no sign for Wii or ps3

Maybe they could be later announcements? I dunno, but it's great there's on coming out in next gen! As long as there isn't the usual "first step into next gen" problems.

In all honesty, I'd feel a lot better actually hearing HB Studios CONFIRM a 360 release for Rugby 08 rather than just seeing a few words on Amazon.

Although it's very plausible that 360, PS2 and PC would be the ideal platforms to release it on. After all, Xbox 360 will be 2 years old in November.

IF there is a 360 version coming out I'd be really surprised if they left out an online mode... really surprised.

Thing is though, the first Fifa game, Madden Game and Tiger woods on Xbox 360 all paled in comparison regarding features to the PS2 version. Let's hope HB build on the Excellent Rugby 06 and make a definitive version of Rugby, in HI DEF, and ONLINE!!! God, I'm foaming at the mouth just thinking about that.

Check HB Studios website. I think theres confimation there. I remember a link being posted earlier. Will try to find later :)

its M$ policy that all X360 games are online
i believe the delay in the X360 version is due to them not wanting to repeat the US sports of shoddy ports with less features...also the X360 customer base is now ramping up.....remember Rugby is a niche sports ***le so you will want a good customer base on the platform first.

I am not a fanboy by any means, but the X360 in my eyes is killing it....its pushing my buttons and turning me on..........

I mean on March23 2006 i got one...just wanting next gen local sports
Less than 1 year - X360 gets cricket - BLIC/RPIC
Within 2 years - X360 has cricket AND Rugby

Even if I held off buying one last year, and saved $1000.00 for PS3 to buy in 2 weeks - with the X360 now confirmed with BLIC and Rugby - I would be rushing in now to buy a X360 - NOT A PS3

The advantage of me gambling on 23rdMarch2006 - a whole years worth of good quality next gen already under the belt

In Australia - potential PS3 buyers would be cancelling and buying X360's due to the main local sports ***les already confirmed...makes me wonder if M$ had influence on the timing of these ***les just before PS3 launch in australia....and not too mention the HD-DVD aswell.

The truth. . is out there!

hbrugby08.png

Latest posts