• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Edgar Cayce

D

DC

Edgar Cayce

Do you believe in his abilites as a psychic or not?

Ive been a long time believe in most of what Edgar Cayce has said, i think its just remarkable that some of the stuff he has proclaimed has come true.

Supposedly he's to have been reincarnated by now, would be interesting to see what happens in 10 or so years.

What i find most interesting about Cayce is his diet plan that he himself did not follow but what he outlined.

-- From Wikipedia:
"The "Cayce diet". Major dietary recommendations include the avoidance of red meat (esp. pork), alcohol (except red wine), white bread, and fried foods; a preference for fruits and (above-ground, leafy) vegetables over starches; and a high ratio (80:20%)of alkaline foods over acidic. One meal per day should consist entirely of raw vegetables. Under strict circumstances, Cayce advocated both coffee and pure tobacco cigarettes to be non-harmful to health. “Food Combining†was also a central idea in the Cayce diet. Several food combinations that are contraindicated are coffee with milk or sugar, citrus fruit with starchy foods and high protein foods with starches. Cayce followed very few of the dietary recommendations that were suggested by the readings."

Honestly this outline is really good.

1.) Red Meat Avoidance ( I think he was leaning more to avoidance of meat in general) - The more and more i read about red meat the more i find that it might not be as healthy for us as we think. Of course it tastes damn good, thats given but when you think about it red meat may have a major play in cancer. Medditerranean people seem to have lower cancer rates than diets like the United States where red meat is really popular. I think that is because Medditerranean diets are rich in fish and pasta and vegetables. Also i find it a little odd that humans lack the taste bud to pick up the taste of meat (try meat without spices or anything to enrich its flavour... tastes pretty bland doesnt it?).

2.) Alcohol - Given that it will give you heart problems its fairly obvious why there is an avoidance to it (minus red wine of course which is good for you in proper amounts).

3.) It is also fairly obvious that vegetables are meant to be more of a staple on human diets, seeing as our teeth pattern match that of a herbivore more than that of an omnivore.

Besides his diet theory he has several more theories from Reincarnation to Karma to Jesus.

I think Edgar Cayce is really interesting.

Do you believe in his theories and such?

<div align="center"> :%#%#: NO
what are you on tonight?
Cayce_1910.jpg

albeit, I'm seriously at work, bored and your giving me reading material. where is all this coming from?
Your man Cayce does share a common bond with one nutjob Jim Jones...I'll let you sort that out...!
</div>

i dont see how you couldnt believe in edgar cayce, the mans had profound moments in his time, not to mention he's come up with some very interesting theories.

sure he was absolutely wrong about atlantis, but how can you dispute other stuff he's done, i point out the diet solely because i think that is a really great find considering he prophisized all that stuff back in the day, and scientists now are just finding that out!

Truth is 100% True, or it's False.
Deception uses some truth to boost it's credibility.

Personal Opinion? Yes, but I stand by it.

Latest posts