• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Edinburgh v Leinster

I on about academy trained like Niall Ronan trained with Leinster and Trever Hogan with Munster starting off :eek: Jesus if we go down that Road ROG will be kicking with Eddie now for the US Eagles :D

And we could claim The Beast from the Springboks :p
(I sure his mother has some Cork blood in her somewhere) :D:D:D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 23 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the mighty kieran lewis, Ian Dowling (Yup I'm claiming that) etc...[/b]

Dowling never played with Leinster and interesting fact was he was turned away when younger but only blossomed upon arriving in Limerick where he attended UL hope he goes well today in 'A' game but Lewis is no longer apart of our squad

What are ye all yapping about. Any fools and his dog would be dissapointed with the players coming out of the Munster academy at the moment. Keith Earls is the only real prospect we've seen in a while. Donacha Ryan looks okay, but nothing more then that. I spose these things go in cycles but for now its clear as day that the future talent seems to be coming from Leinster and Ulster. This will change in anothe year though when a few more kids get a run in the Munster setup.

Having said that, while the Leinster academy seems to be producing a lot of names and even more hype but we have seen that many performances to justify it YET. Aside from Fitzgerald, Kearney, Healy and O'Brien the likes of McFadden, Jones, Kearney (Jnr), Morris etc all need to do it for a year or two before their arrival can be confirmed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 24 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What are ye all yapping about. Any fools and his dog would be dissapointed with the players coming out of the Munster academy at the moment. Keith Earls is the only real prospect we've seen in a while. Donacha Ryan looks okay, but nothing more then that. I spose these things go in cycles but for now its clear as day that the future talent seems to be coming from Leinster and Ulster. This will change in anothe year though when a few more kids get a run in the Munster setup.

Having said that, while the Leinster academy seems to be producing a lot of names and even more hype but we have seen that many performances to justify it YET. Aside from Fitzgerald, Kearney, Healy and O'Brien the likes of McFadden, Jones, Kearney (Jnr), Morris etc all need to do it for a year or two before their arrival can be confirmed.[/b]

That is agreed but also think it harder to get in to Munster squad from academy like I know this pre-season alot got their taste and last 2 or 3 games but that all down to injuries and the Lions but where as Leinster try these guys out (Ulster have to) Munster don't try as many as often which may be out of desire to win I don't know but like i think some young gun's apart from Earls are nice talents but as you said Logorrhea it all hype they only made when they've proven themselves.

Back on topic here's the Edinburgh side.

Edinburgh Rugby Club team to play Leinster at Murrayfield (Saturday 26 September, kick-off 6.30pm)

15 Chris Paterson

14 Mark Robertson
13 Ben Cairns
12 Nick De Luca
11 Tim Visser

10 Phil Godman
9 Mike Blair (captain)

1 Kyle Traynor
2 Ross Ford
3 Geoff Cross
4 Craig Hamilton
5 Scott MacLeod
6 Alan MacDonald
7 Roddy Grant
8 Allister Hogg

Substitutes: Andrew Kelly, Allan Jacobsen, Ryan Grant/Davie Young, Steve Turnbull, Scott Newlands, Greig Laidlaw, John Houston.

5-2 split on the bench is interesting. The scrum was very poor last week when Cross came off and we had two loosies playing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crispy @ Sep 24 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
5-2 split on the bench is interesting. The scrum was very poor last week when Cross came off and we had two loosies playing.[/b]
Leinster's scrum has been exceptionally strong thus far so it could be a reaction to their opponents as much as anything. Healy is really developing that aspect of his game while Mike Ross is destructive and Stan Wright can hold his own. When CJ van der Linde returns, Leinster will have a crazy amount of options for 2 positions.

I really like the look of that Edinburgh backrow.

Back off topic :D , Leinster have a lot of players ready to break through in most positions but they lack real talent at 2nd row. Time to poach somebody like Nagle, Hayes or Foley from the Munster academy! Hookers may also be a problem - I notice that David Doyle who played in the backrow for Ireland u18 last year is now the Leinster u20 starting hooker so Leinster are being proactive in trying to fix a potential problem area.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Sep 24 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crispy @ Sep 24 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
5-2 split on the bench is interesting. The scrum was very poor last week when Cross came off and we had two loosies playing.[/b]
Leinster's scrum has been exceptionally strong thus far so it could be a reaction to their opponents as much as anything. Healy is really developing that aspect of his game while Mike Ross is destructive and Stan Wright can hold his own. When CJ van der Linde returns, Leinster will have a crazy amount of options for 2 positions.

I really like the look of that Edinburgh backrow.

Back off topic :D , Leinster have a lot of players ready to break through in most positions but they lack real talent at 2nd row. Time to poach somebody like Nagle, Hayes or Foley from the Munster academy! Hookers may also be a problem - I notice that David Doyle who played in the backrow for Ireland u18 last year is now the Leinster u20 starting hooker so Leinster are being proactive in trying to fix a potential problem area.
[/b][/quote]

Agreed at moment Leinster Academy is better <_< but as you have pointed still not getting results in problematic areas like Leinster don't have any hooker in squad of a great standard and even Leinster fans must admit while Jackman has great heart he not in same class as Flannery and Best like. He isn't exposed much because he in a good pack but just think that if Leinster could produce a really good young hooker it'll be major plus for them

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 24 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 23 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dowling never played with Leinster and interesting fact was he was turned away when younger but only blossomed upon arriving in Limerick where he attended UL hope he goes well today in 'A' game but Lewis is no longer apart of our squad
[/b][/quote]
We're you not listening?
CheckmateD.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 24 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 24 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 23 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
We're you not listening?
CheckmateD.jpg

[/b][/quote]

Yes I was and replying :huh:

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney
14: Shane Horgan
13: Fergus McFadden
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Shaun Berne
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Cian Healy
2: John Fogarty
3: Stan Wright
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Nathan Hines
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS FROM: Bernard Jackman, Mike Ross, Devin Toner, Shane Jennings, Dominic Ryan, Simon Keogh, Jonathan Sexton, Girvan Dempsey

That's more like it. Threatening looking mofo of a backrow if McLaughlin keeps up his recen form. Sexton rested I presume because of the IRFU asking the provinces to limit their Irish players to 6 of 9 matches before the AIs. Not worried about it really. Berne looks a good sort of player and McFadden will kick if the pressure is getting to him.

11 - 15 could do lots of damage if it clicks. Hopefully McFadden will do plenty of damage and we can see him bashing his way into an Ireland Jersey as BODs understudy.

An interesting selection alright.Cant argue with the pack really as each of them are there on form (Heaslip the obvious exception).

Surprised to see Nacewa drop out of the squad alltogether. I presume he's being rested as I havent heard anything about an injury, but its still strange given he's the form player in the side.

Other then that, happy to see McFadden in there at 13 again. He'#s only one decent performance away from cementing his place in the squad, and maybe the team.

Delighted to see Ryan on the bench, hope he gets a run out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 25 2009, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
An interesting selection alright.Cant argue with the pack really as each of them are there on form (Heaslip the obvious exception).

Surprised to see Nacewa drop out of the squad alltogether. I presume he's being rested as I havent heard anything about an injury, but its still strange given he's the form player in the side.

Other then that, happy to see McFadden in there at 13 again. He'#s only one decent performance away from cementing his place in the squad, and maybe the team.

Delighted to see Ryan on the bench, hope he gets a run out.[/b]

Yes Nacewa is rested. He's been form player but Leinster need to get game time into many of their player before next sat and H'Cup.
Think that we see now what H'Cup backline is with McFadden, Berne and Horgan out B.O'D, Sexton and Nacewa in.

Also interesting to see Jackman not starting what the story there :huh:

Latest posts