Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, none of them

• I'd like more trials to take place

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
<div class='quotemain'> No matter what rule changes you make there will always be **** matches you cant change that. There was plenty of unreal matchs in world cup to. Have any of you been watching the heineken cup and challenge cup this year theres been hardly any boring matchs. Im scared that many of the retarderd rules such as the ruck infringments only a free kick, the you might as well hold on the ground and give your defense a chance rule, the pulling down the mall is allowed rule, or the **** new lineout rules,
One of these is bound to get implemented and ruin the game

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
But its true :wall:
[/b]
The rules are evolving the laws and attempting to take the subjectivity out of referrees. Now point out to me what broken thing is it trying to fix?
[/b][/quote]

The rules dont need to be changed the referees just all need to be taught the same interpretation and learn to enforce them properly. [/b][/quote]
They tried that. In fact they've been trying it for about 10 years now. Time for a new strategy.
[/b][/quote]

No they just need to do it properly

I might be wrong here but isnt there a law that says its only a free kick for holding on the ground ithis means that if you get isolated you might as well hold on. Because if you let go the enemy will take the ball if you dont theyl still get the same thing only your defense will be back and set
[/b]

Your assuming too much about me as well Prestwick. I have no problem with a tight game.[/b]

Well, obviously you do because you have a problem with this game...

but I also like games where two teams are having a crack, and that was not what England v Australia was. Australia never got into the game at all, I assume you call 90 point drubbings are good rugby as well right?

You see, despite the grandeur you built up in your mind about the English fighting back with huge courage against impossible odds, they were playing against a car-wreck of a team that decided it was smart to rest thier joint leading scorer of all time in World Cups with no game plan besides 'win'.[/b]

I think that is a very one eyed way of looking at it. This game was tight, didn't you notice that the only thing standing in the way of an Australian win was a tackle from Paul Sackey? Or are you still grieving over the impossible loss against England.

I bet you'd say the 2nd Ashes test in 2005, one of the greatest test matches of all time was "rubbish" because "Australia never got into the game at all" as well...

Well you try and pooh pooh it and you try and ignore it, but thats what happened. England, absolutely hammered in the group stages needed an incredibly good game to come back. Everyone had written them off, said that they were lucky that it wasn't another nation in their group that in their place. The game they pulled out was a corker, an example of how forward play should be done. You need to be modest enough to stand aside and say "yeah, thats how it should be done, and they just done it to us boys." I said that to my friends after the first South Africa drubbing.

The best games were the games with the island nations in them as they constantly had a crack and always looked dangerous, Australia never looked dangerous in the game...a game is NOT good if both teams don't show up, and this is to neutrals that is, the different of course would be the case of people with English or Australian bias.[/b]

I disagree, not all the best games were the ones with the island nations. The games which featured Georgia and Argentina featured some superb forward play that frankly intimidated their opponents.

I'm not painting you as anything, just pointing out that there were some superb games out there showcasing all things opposite to fast running and throwing balls around.

What I will paint you as however is someone who hasn't come to terms with Australia not winning the quarter final :bleh!:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
If anyone says 'Why fix what's not broken' one more time I swear I'm going to find out where you live.

Tired old rhetoric...
[/b]

But its true :wall: [/b][/quote]

Games like last year's RWC Final from last year is definatly going to convert the masses to the game.
[/b][/quote]
For gods sake thats one game out of an entire tournament. There is no way of making every game a classic, sport isnt like that. Its played by humans who get nervous and make mistakes. Im fed up with hearing the same old thing from SH posters that the WC final was a poor game so we have to change the rules. IMO the basis of rugby is the forwards do their job and the backs do theirs and if any of these new rules put more emphasis on taking the power out of the forwards I for one wont be happy.

For gods sake thats one game out of an entire tournament. There is no way of making every game a classic, sport isnt like that. Its played by humans who get nervous and make mistakes. Im fed up with hearing the same old thing from SH posters that the WC final was a poor game so we have to change the rules. IMO the basis of rugby is the forwards do their job and the backs do theirs and if any of these new rules put more emphasis on taking the power out of the forwards I for one wont be happy.
[/b]
See: Increased scrum argument.

I think your onto a winner with the ELV's if you like your forward play.

I just reckon that the ELV's are poor in general. Yes it brings some new good rules but a whole host of them are brought by people who have never really played a decent standard of rugby!
I mean the ELV's are just a way of speeding up the game which is fair enough but Im with the majority who say that the ELV's are there to improve the speed of the game which is correct and this is based on the aussies wanting a game like this because their forwards play is poor! And also the fac they want to make the game of a NRL quality so more people will watch it! FACT!

I just reckon that the ELV's are poor in general. Yes it brings some new good rules but a whole host of them are brought by people who have never really played a decent standard of rugby!
I mean the ELV's are just a way of speeding up the game which is fair enough but Im with the majority who say that the ELV's are there to improve the speed of the game which is correct and this is based on the aussies wanting a game like this because their forwards play is poor! And also the fac they want to make the game of a NRL quality so more people will watch it! FACT!
[/b]
Saying FACT! after your argument is stupid. FACT!

Drop your anti-Australian bias and look at the bloody rules...WHY is it a plot to de-value forwards when all statistics have shown that the number of scrums have increased almost exponentially? Your argument is down right stupid as it is not based in fact.

As for increased the speed of the game the ELV's only give the OPTION to do so, increasing the variability of styles that can be played. The way to slow down the game? Call for scrums when a free kick is given, park your team in the 22 and the free kicks will give you an opportunity to destroy the oppositions scrum over and over again, without the bailout of a penalty kick to relieve the pressue, the opposition actually has to dig thierselves out of the hole the hard way.

Now, where's your problem besides being angry you guys didn't implement it first?

I'm glad to say that Parliament has passed legislation into law banning Australia!

We start bombing in ten minutes...

Did you know that: The Stormers, The Sharks, The Hurricanes (x 2) and The Lions scored off a scrum last weekend? Those are the ones that I can remember

How many tries did Saracens score off a scrum last weekend Prestwick?

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Saying FACT! after your argument is stupid. FACT!

Drop your anti-Australian bias and look at the bloody rules...WHY is it a plot to de-value forwards when all statistics have shown that the number of scrums have increased almost exponentially? Your argument is down right stupid as it is not based in fact.

As for increased the speed of the game the ELV's only give the OPTION to do so, increasing the variability of styles that can be played. The way to slow down the game? Call for scrums when a free kick is given, park your team in the 22 and the free kicks will give you an opportunity to destroy the oppositions scrum over and over again, without the bailout of a penalty kick to relieve the pressue, the opposition actually has to dig thierselves out of the hole the hard way.

Now, where's your problem besides being angry you guys didn't implement it first? [/b][/quote]

No buddy im not anti-Australian but well done for brining up a great and uncessecary point on this forum by showing yourself needing to get personal :cheers: !!!

Regarding my statement of fact many SH people I have PERSONALLY spoken to have said that these rules have been to make the game more like rugby league, whether you like it or not it is ture.
And regarding your petty comment of 'you guys didn't implement it first' is a great pile of gash. Why the hell would I want the ELV's in? I do see a problem with rugby at the moment? No! There are rules that could be nipped and changed and I have said that some of the ELV's would benefit rugby but the majority of them are plain stupid!
Regarding the 'plot' to de-value forwards its true you know, talking from a personal point the big lads upfront will eventually dissapear and flankers will become new front row because the game has become more mobile the game will therefore get quicker and will become more like league and sevens.
I also find Super 14 very boring to watch at times especially with the free kicks handed out for crimes that have and always should be given as a penalty. If you cheat then therefore you deserve a suitable punishment !

... oh wait my view is not valid ... and it does not fall into your category of correctness, ah well !!!

Not enough... :( [/b]

But the positive was that you drew with Bath second half :p

Why cant the IRB put their time money and energy into devoloping the game in non rugby countries instead of trying to ruin it

Cymro, which game was it that the ref kept giving free kicks after repeat deliberate offences? Tell me, which game?

Cymro, which game was it that the ref kept giving free kicks after repeat deliberate offences? Tell me, which game? [/b]

Most games I have watched ...

If you dont like my view then lump it to be fair ... I foudn the game to become quite unattractive with ref's constantly giving free kicks when they are and should always be penalties!

If you dont like my view then lump it to be fair ... I foudn the game to become quite unattractive with ref's constantly giving free kicks when they are and should always be penalties!
[/b]
Not according to the IRB and your own unions...

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Not according to the IRB and your own unions... [/b][/quote]

Sorry did the WRU come out and say they did not want the ELV's?

Oh wait im hearing things now ... <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts