• No, none of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd like more trials to take place

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
But the ELV's do allow hands in the ruck, so how can you say its not already become a free for all in the ruck?

[/b]
You tell me... All those boring Super 14 games you been watching hey? [/b][/quote]

Aye to right ...

The fact of the matter is I dont like some of the ELV's and thats that ... what you going to do about it? Come round to Wales and give me a hiding because I believe like others (that dont post on this forum) that some the ELV's will make the game worse!

Oh wait ... not allowed to have an opinion :rolleyes:

Also Charles post something sensible ... to do with this thread :bravo:
[/b][/quote]

The fact of the matter is you are a liar, you tried to get into this debate by lying and got caught out. Ironically, by yourself.

Like everybody on this forum, you're allowed to have an opinion but when you start basing these opinion on lies, how can you anybody to take you and your opinions seriously?

I agree with you, some of the ELV's will ruin the game. I have said on MANY a topic that I don't like the laws allowing hands in the ruck and pulling down rolling mauls. I'm pretty sure those 2 have fallen out of favour with just about everybody on the planet. But don't start acting (aka LYING) like you know what's going on down here in the S14, cause it's painfully obvious you don't.

Can't believe you lied like that, I've lost any respect I had for you. What was the purpose? Why are you bring down the ELV's being trialled in the S14 and damage it's integrity by calling it 'boring'? You have no right to LIE and pass judgement on them.

Never, lie in your written word... Never.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
But the ELV's do allow hands in the ruck, so how can you say its not already become a free for all in the ruck?

[/b]
You tell me... All those boring Super 14 games you been watching hey? [/b][/quote]

Aye to right ...

The fact of the matter is I dont like some of the ELV's and thats that ... what you going to do about it? Come round to Wales and give me a hiding because I believe like others (that dont post on this forum) that some the ELV's will make the game worse!

Oh wait ... not allowed to have an opinion :rolleyes:

Also Charles post something sensible ... to do with this thread :bravo:
[/b][/quote]

The fact of the matter is you are a liar, you tried to get into this debate by lying and got caught out. Ironically, by yourself.

Like everybody on this forum, you're allowed to have an opinion but when you start basing these opinion on lies, how can you anybody to take you and your opinions seriously?

I agree with you, some of the ELV's will ruin the game. I have said on MANY a topic that I don't like the laws allowing hands in the ruck and pulling down rolling mauls. I'm pretty sure those 2 have fallen out of favour with just about everybody on the planet. But don't start acting (aka LYING) like you know what's going on down here in the S14, cause it's painfully obvious you don't.

Can't believe you lied like that, I've lost any respect I had for you. What was the purpose? Why are you bring down the ELV's being trialled in the S14 and damage it's integrity by calling it 'boring'? You have no right to LIE and pass judgement on them.

Never, lie in your written word... Never.

[/b][/quote]

Sorry Ive lied about what exactly? I have watched games, with the limited chances I have because at uni we dont have sky :bravo: , oh wait just because I aint watched as much Super 14 as you have it means im a liar ....

When have I stated that I know whats going on down under, but if I watch the game and say its boring and point out thats my opinion to be called a liar because you disagree with it is very poor, and actually you yourself have no respect when calling me a liar just for the fact I have an opinion that differs from urs!

Games I have watched:

Crusaders vs Brumbies
Western Force vs Bulls

and Ive also watched a few others which I cant knock out at te top of my head ....

But im sorry to dissapoint you, if I was a liar then why would I post in here about it?

Note: Wont be continuing the argument in here, all I have said that I dont like the ELV's and found games in the Super 14's unattractive to watch! Sorry to any offence I have caused anyone because of it!

To add to the watched list: 1 Chiefs game and another Western Force game!

Haha you're so pathetic. Did I hurt your feelings? Cymro I don't care how high my rep is. I care about who gives it to me, so your neg rep exercise doesn't phase me because in my eyes you're a dirty liar.
You say you watched all these games yet you never picked up that hands are not allowed in the ruck? Or that free kicks aren't handed out for repeat offences. You're a liar because you said stuff about the S14 that is not true. It's got NOTHING do with your opinions, it's about the truth, and you did not speak the truth. Which equals = LIAR!
And now you're trying to cover your arse by bowing out 'admirably'. Typical.

Haha you're so pathetic. Did I hurt your feelings? Cymro I don't care how high my rep is. I care about who gives it to me, so your neg rep exercise doesn't phase me because in my eyes you're a dirty liar.
You say you watched all these games yet you never picked up that hands are not allowed in the ruck? Or that free kicks aren't handed out for repeat offences. You're a liar because you said stuff about the S14 that is not true. It's got NOTHING do with your opinions, it's about the truth, and you did not speak the truth. Which equals = LIAR!
And now you're trying to cover your arse by bowing out 'admirably'. Typical. [/b]

Stevo-o and you speak the truth? So you are kopping out by saying that your point is the only valid point! Actually by you saying 'you said stuff about the S14 that is not true' you are telling me that my point / view is not true / valid or are you telling me that I am a liar because my view is different! So guess again Stevo-o YOU ARE A FAKE!!!
The point that you have to bring in the neg rep shows that you are falling on loose things! I may have got things wrong but it does not make me a liar (this aint a back out like you are probably going to say because you only repeat things and dont make any points)
Also Steve-o what is the 'stuff' I have lied about?

Not watching games? Oh no shoot me now ... I aint watched as many games as you ... therefore Cymro's point is null and void ....

Stevo-o is a FAKE

Cymro, man,you're not doing yourself any favour there, really...

You said hands were allowed in the rucks in the S14. Fact is they are not. Wether you lied (didn't watch any games)or watched them with closed eyes. Either way you got owned, sorry to repeat myself.

Cymro, man,you're not doing yourself any favour there, really...

You said hands were allowed in the rucks in the S14. Fact is they are not. Wether you lied (didn't watch any games)or watched them with closed eyes. Either way you got owned, sorry to repeat myself.

[/b]

How it is a lie? A few papers in the UK stated hands are allowed in the ruck and from what I have seen of Super 14 showed it ...

its not a lie im afraid!

Firstly, thanks for the PM Cymro, it's quite cute.

It's quite rich that you say I just repeat myself. Here are 2 quotes from you on this thread.
"Regarding the 'plot' to de-value forwards its true you know"
"...these rules have been to make the game more like rugby league, whether you like it or not it is ture [true]"
How many times have these been brought up? Wait I'll tell you. As much as they've been proven wrong. How can you say I don't make any points? Who brings facts into these ELVs topics? Wait I'll tell you. Me. Yet I never get facts from the people who are against the ELVs, but I'm not surprised. Their backing seems to always be a sensationalist news article, much like yourself. Once you forward these journalists lies without even looking at them critically, you put yourself in that untruthful, non-sense talking environment.
If you've watched all those games and thought hands were allowed in the ruck that whole time, then one has to wonder if you know anything about rugby at all.

It's quite rich that you say I just repeat myself. Here are 2 quotes from you on this thread.
"...these rules have been to make the game more like rugby league, whether you like it or not it is ture [true]"
How many times have these been brought up? Wait I'll tell you. As much as they've been proven wrong. How can you say I don't make any points? Who brings facts into these ELVs topics? Wait I'll tell you. Me. Yet I never get facts from the people who are against the ELVs, but I'm not surprised. Their backing seems to always be a sensationalist news article, much like yourself. Once you forward these journalists lies without even looking at them critically, you put yourself in that untruthful, non-sense talking environment.
If you've watched all those games and thought hands were allowed in the ruck that whole time, then one has to wonder if you know anything about rugby at all.
[/b]

Both of you please shut up. I didn't start this topic so all the arguments that made the other one close could just resurface and start going round in circles again.

Look at the poll results, it appears we should have a selection of ELV rules in the game according to people on this site.

If you've watched all those games and thought hands were allowed in the ruck that whole time, then one has to wonder if you know anything about rugby at all. [/b]

Questioning my rugby knowledge is once again a petty thing to do ....

It seems all you do is throw petty cheap shots in, calling me a liar and now questioning my rugby knowledge ... poor!

If you dont like my opinion thats fair enuff but to go round calling me a liar and questioning my rugby knowledge ever and I mean ever again.

If you want to carry on this discussion then feel free to pm me about it, I think the admins should clean up this thread from much of the comments that have been posted by myself and you, people dont want to read handbags on the forum!

How it is a lie? A few papers in the UK stated hands are allowed in the ruck and from what I have seen of Super 14 showed it ...

its not a lie im afraid!
[/b]

Say it all really. I'll say it again, any SH ppl will confirm this : HANDS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THIS YEAR S14.

Now if you believe newspapers against visual proof (as you've watched games) then , well... :wall:

Ladies ladies, we're all brother in arms here, all rugby fans, can't we all just get along?

And Cymro, what was wrong with the Chiefs v Force game, that was some good rugby right there, no matter which way you look at it...

Super 14 hasn't been particularly great for a little while now even without the new rules....hence why the need to trial it up North...to show it in a competition that is booming and is at the top of its game...this conversation is stupid until the next season of NH rugby starts when it is implemented up there...

PS. Cyrmo, I'll be your way for the Wallaby v Wales test at the end of the year so I'll show you what's what, ELV style! :p

I was just about to come back on here and add a edit on that. You're right, putting that solely on your rugby knowledge is incorrect.
I think this is a perfect example of the severity of the mental block people in the NH have about the ELVs. You were possibly (not saying you were) so fixed on being against it you failed to see the obvious happening on the field.
Note, this is not a 'cheap shot'.
Take a step back and think about that for a second.

Ladies ladies, we're all brother in arms here, all rugby fans, can't we all just get along?

And Cymro, what was wrong with the Chiefs v Force game, that was some good rugby right there, no matter which way you look at it...

Super 14 hasn't been particularly great for a little while now even without the new rules....hence why the need to trial it up North...to show it in a competition that is booming and is at the top of its game...this conversation is stupid until the next season of NH rugby starts when it is implemented up there...

PS. Cyrmo, I'll be your way for the Wallaby v Wales test at the end of the year so I'll show you what's what, ELV style! :p [/b]

We shall see, and yes the Chief v Force game was a good one!

The game is more popular than its ever been teams are allready playing more and more free flowing rugby Why try and fix whats not broken? Many of the rule changes are so minor theres no point implementing them others are just stupid pulling down the maul legal what the f***? World rugby oficails are retards theyve decided to have different rules for each leage lol what a joke. Only its not funny [/b]

Care to take another look at the 2007 RWC FINAL (the "showpiece" of rugby union :lol2: ) and tell me the game isn't broken. No tries, seven penalty goals, and 92 aimless kicks in play in 80 minutes (on average one every 53 seconds). It was a borefest, one I didn't even bother watching until the end. :zzz: .

I watched ALL SEVEN RWC finals live, and this is the first one that I have found so boring and uninspiring that I have turned the TV off before the end. I have never seen the last 20 minutes of the match and its unlikely that I ever will.

There has been an awful lot of ******** spoken about the ELV's in this thread, mostly be people who read (and blindly believe) the lies being perpetrated about them by the likes of Stephen Jones, Gerry Thornley, Paul Ackford, Brian Moore, Eddie Butler, Brendon Gallagher and other writers in the British media.

Just to set the record straight, you can download a PDF of the FULL ELV's here

http://www.irb.com/mm/document/newsmedia/0...2008%5f4404.pdf

You will see that the ones being trialled in the Super 14 are in bold.

You will also see that collapsing of the maul and hands in the ruck are NOT allowed in the Super 14, so anyone who says they have seen this is a liar and is talking ********.

Also to set the record straight, here is the iRB Laws Project Group, set up by the iRB's rugby committee in 2005;

Bill Beaumont (England, NH) - Chairman
Bill Nolan (Scotland, NH)
Rod Macqueen (Australia, SH)
Ian McIntosh (South Africa, SH)
Richie Dixon (Scotland, NH)
Pierre Villepreux (France, NH)
Graham Mourie (New Zealand, SH)

Additionally, IRB Referee manager Paddy O'Brien (New Zealand, SH) is the project group's referee advisor

Notice that the countries in bold, as another poster said earlier, have something in common; they are NOT Australia. This pretty much pole-axes the myth that Australia is behind these ELVs. This myth has been created by certain elements of the British media who are running an orchestrated mis-information campaign to try to derail the ELVs and are probably working hand in hand with certain members of the RFU and the PRL.

<div class='quotemain'> The game is more popular than its ever been teams are allready playing more and more free flowing rugby Why try and fix whats not broken? Many of the rule changes are so minor theres no point implementing them others are just stupid pulling down the maul legal what the f***? World rugby oficails are retards theyve decided to have different rules for each leage lol what a joke. Only its not funny [/b]

Care to take another look at the 2007 RWC FINAL (the "showpiece" of rugby union :lol2: ) and tell me the game isn't broken. No tries, seven penalty goals, and 92 aimless kicks in play in 80 minutes (on average one every 53 seconds). It was a borefest, one I didn't even bother watching until the end. :zzz: .

I watched ALL SEVEN RWC finals live, and this is the first one that I have found so boring and uninspiring that I have turned the TV off before the end. I have never seen the last 20 minutes of the match and its unlikely that I ever will.

[/b][/quote]

Maybe you're not as patient as 7 RWC ago ! :bleh!: :bana: :D

Cheers Cooky

Hi Charles

Have you even seen a TV programme France called "Grumpy Old Men"?

I would have no trouble starring in it!!

Question: Have you ever bothered watching a replay of the 2007 FInal?

I have yet to find anyone who has.

I have met plenty who have watched the 2003 Final again.

Hi Charles

[/b]

1. You can't judge the state of a game on one match. Many people will say that that was the best World Cup ever.

2. The game itself was gripping, tense and physical. Which is half of what rugby is about. Yeah it didn't have tries but that's because the England team was essentially a poor side that had found a successful formula and therefore stuck to it, and South Africa were under a lot of pressure given that they were vastly the better side, and both sides had really good defences.

3. You're probably ****** just because New Zealand flopped.

-------------------------------

anyway, the Super 12 (yes, 12) was always notorious for a faster paced game with higher scores. That's the brand of rugby you play. The Heineken Cup has always been known for its high intensity. That's the brand of rugby we play. We should celebrate the difference, not try and find a compromise between the two. Rugby's popularity is improving vastly, and I really don't think anyone ca

Hi Charles

[/b]

RWC2007 was the best ever and was far superior on all accounts to rwc 2003 except for one thing, the final.

Making an argument, pro or con, for the elvs based one one single game is plain nonsense.

Three facts must be kept is mind:
1. Attendance (TV) is growing in NH
2. Attendance (TV) is falling in SH.
3. Players tend to migrate from south to north.

Consequences, whoever come up with the elvs is irrelevant, but these three facts explain the general sentiment:
1. SH (on average ) needs to do something to improve attendance hence the promotion and trial of elvs
2. NH rugby (on average) feel comfortable with the current laws and do not think anything is broken

Somehow, I do not think the implementation of elvs will do anything to curb the current attendance decline in the SH, it is the business model which is in great need of change , not the laws of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts