Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, none of them

• I'd like more trials to take place

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry did the WRU come out and say they did not want the ELV's?

Oh wait im hearing things now ... <_<
[/b]
Well they got put through though didn't they? Obviously they folded, so they either came around when they were actually INFORMED instead of just going off what the sensationalist media wrote or just didn't have the balls to challenge the IRB on the laws in a meaningful way.

If a South African and a Australian can agree on at least some of the laws doesn't that tell you something that perhaps they could have a benefit besides an evil Australian plot?

<div class='quotemain'>
Sorry did the WRU come out and say they did not want the ELV's?

Oh wait im hearing things now ... <_<
[/b]
Well they got put through though didn't they? Obviously they folded, so they either came around when they were actually INFORMED instead of just going off what the sensationalist media wrote or just didn't have the balls to challenge the IRB on the laws in a meaningful way.

If a South African and a Australian can agree on at least some of the laws doesn't that tell you something that perhaps they could have a benefit besides an evil Australian plot? [/b][/quote]

I still dont see where you are coming with this anti-Australia coming from, Im sorry I did not realise disagreing with rules set out mainly by Australia's RFU is making me anti-Australia!

Oh wait I also did say that I do accept that some of the elves will help the game, again you have presumed that I reckon I hate all the laws and hate all Australian's you are completly wrong.

No the WRU did not fold from what I gather they were out voted and therefore had to accept the laws!

The rules were NOT set out by the ARU, that's the bloody point, it was organised by people all over the world, including a large amount of Northern Hemisphere people. Off the top of my head Rod MacQueen was the ONLY Australian representative...the whole idea it is being pushed by the Australians alone is a HUGE fabrication...it's a known fact that to get people angry and solidified against a cause there has to be a tangible scapegoat. Next time read your papers with a critical eye while at the same time actually reading the facts from reputable sources....

I don't doubt you aren't anti-Australian, but I do doubt that you actually know where these laws come from and what they are actually about. It's a multi-national initiative to help tinker with the rules, as has happened throughout rugby union history. We can go back to the deregulated scrums if you want, two man front rows and all that?

The rules were NOT set out by the ARU, that's the bloody point, it was organised by people all over the world, including a large amount of Northern Hemisphere people. Off the top of my head Rod MacQueen was the ONLY Australian representative...the whole idea it is being pushed by the Australians alone is a HUGE fabrication...it's a known fact that to get people angry and solidified against a cause there has to be a tangible scapegoat. Next time read your papers with a critical eye while at the same time actually reading the facts from reputable sources....

I don't doubt you aren't anti-Australian, but I do doubt that you actually know where these laws come from and what they are actually about. It's a multi-national initiative to help tinker with the rules, as has happened throughout rugby union history. We can go back to the deregulated scrums if you want, two man front rows and all that? [/b]

And what 'reputable sources' are these? Yourself?

<div class='quotemain'> The rules were NOT set out by the ARU, that's the bloody point, it was organised by people all over the world, including a large amount of Northern Hemisphere people. Off the top of my head Rod MacQueen was the ONLY Australian representative...the whole idea it is being pushed by the Australians alone is a HUGE fabrication...it's a known fact that to get people angry and solidified against a cause there has to be a tangible scapegoat. Next time read your papers with a critical eye while at the same time actually reading the facts from reputable sources....

I don't doubt you aren't anti-Australian, but I do doubt that you actually know where these laws come from and what they are actually about. It's a multi-national initiative to help tinker with the rules, as has happened throughout rugby union history. We can go back to the deregulated scrums if you want, two man front rows and all that? [/b]

And what 'reputable sources' are these? Yourself?
[/b][/quote]
Too right Cymro my man, its common knowledge that the driving force behind the ELV`s were originally the ARU, for BLR to suggest otherwise is nonsense.

<div class='quotemain'> Cymro, which game was it that the ref kept giving free kicks after repeat deliberate offences? Tell me, which game? [/b]

Most games I have watched ...

If you dont like my view then lump it to be fair ... I foudn the game to become quite unattractive with ref's constantly giving free kicks when they are and should always be penalties!
[/b][/quote]
I don't believe you, the refs have been very strict on infringements at the ruck. McCaw got a yellow card for hands in the ruck last week. On one of hundred threads concerning the ELVs I gave stats showing that there have been more yellow card this season compared to last season. Refs still do give penalties, so I don't know what games you've been watching.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Cymro, which game was it that the ref kept giving free kicks after repeat deliberate offences? Tell me, which game? [/b]

If you dont like my view then lump it to be fair ... I foudn the game to become quite unattractive with ref's constantly giving free kicks when they are and should always be penalties!
[/b][/quote]
I don't believe you, the refs have been very strict on infringements at the ruck. McCaw got a yellow card for hands in the ruck last week. On one of hundred threads concerning the ELVs I gave stats showing that there have been more yellow card this season compared to last season. Refs still do give penalties, so I don't know what games you've been watching. [/b][/quote]

Im sorry but if you illegally try and obtain the ball at a ruck situation the team should be penalised for it, for me a free kick is a kop out! If you caught cheating then a penatly should be awarded, its like someone murdering someone and only getting 4 months in jail instead of life! Free kick's are for infringements that have occured before the ball is in play e.g. scrums and lineouts!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
I don't believe you, the refs have been very strict on infringements at the ruck. McCaw got a yellow card for hands in the ruck last week. On one of hundred threads concerning the ELVs I gave stats showing that there have been more yellow card this season compared to last season. Refs still do give penalties, so I don't know what games you've been watching. [/b][/quote]

Im sorry but if you illegally try and obtain the ball at a ruck situation the team should be penalised for it, for me a free kick is a kop out! If you caught cheating then a penatly should be awarded, its like someone murdering someone and only getting 4 months in jail instead of life! Free kick's are for infringements that have occured before the ball is in play e.g. scrums and lineouts![/b][/quote]
Its hard to believe a South African can be supporting the ELV`s so whole-heartedly.Its as if he has been brainwashed into believing that taking away the power from the Springbok forward play is a good thing. Remember your history and where your heritage comes from : The Springbok forward power. Defend your honour and dont let the other SH nations take away your pride.

Cymro, the ref decides what to call according to the severity of the offence. In McCaw's instance the Sharks were in the Crusaders 22, he came in from the side and played the ball while a ruck was formed. A long arm penalty and a card was dished. Free kicks and penalties have been weighted accordingly.
If you'd been watching the S14 you would have picked this up in ANY game. You say you have (yet you can't give either teams name) and then you talk this nonsense which is totally untrue. So either you're watching another comp or you're lying because this stuff you've supposedly seen S14 hasn't been happening.

Danny, you're in the same boat. Refer to the last page where I mentioned how many teams scored off a scrum last weekend. And if you'd been WATCHING any Sharks games you would seen how much they use the rolling maul.

danny and Cymro,

The ELVs were originally developed after the rugby world cup in 2003 at an IRB conference with a number of national coaches from teams from both Northern and Southern Hemisphere countries, and other top rugby officials. Initially they were trialled in Stellenbosch university in South Africa, and have since been trialled at various levels of competetion in Scotland, England, New Zealand, Australia, France, Ireland, and South Africa... you will notice that the countries in bold have something in common - they are not Australia... Just because they were trialled at a relatively high level in Australia (ARC) doesn't mean that the Australia rugby union (ARU) had any more influence on the development of them than any other country!!!! Also just because the ARU are all for the new laws doesn't mean its and Aussie plot to de-power forward play and make it more like league (and quite frankly they new laws don't do this anyways..)

Im sorry but if you illegally try and obtain the ball at a ruck situation the team should be penalised for it, for me a free kick is a kop out! If you caught cheating then a penatly should be awarded, its like someone murdering someone and only getting 4 months in jail instead of life! Free kick's are for infringements that have occured before the ball is in play e.g. scrums and lineouts!
Its hard to believe a South African can be supporting the ELV`s so whole-heartedly.Its as if he has been brainwashed into believing that taking away the power from the Springbok forward play is a good thing. Remember your history and where your heritage comes from : The Springbok forward power. Defend your honour and dont let the other SH nations take away your pride. [/b]
Another NH conspiracy theorist :rolleyes:
You lot need to get it into your heads that this isn't some Aus-NZ attempt at a coup.
As for the rucks. Well go back far enough to players who played when rucks were essentially free for alls and they'll say that the current policing of the rucks has ruined the game as a contest at the break down. It's all a matter of perspective. Maybe we should just go back to the free for alls and allow hands in the rucks and stomping? Surely no one in the NH could complain then.

Someone suggested that rather than award points for irrelevant things like tries and penalty kicks, a panel of judges should award points based on style and flair and then advise the audience, pop idol style, on who to vote for when the result goes to a telephone vote.

Someone suggested that rather than award points for irrelevant things like tries and penalty kicks, a panel of judges should award points based on style and flair and then advise the audience, pop idol style, on who to vote for when the result goes to a telephone vote. [/b]
:lol2tn:

Brillaint!

But the ELV's do allow hands in the ruck, so how can you say its not already become a free for all in the ruck?

Also where in England have the rules been used for trial?

But the ELV's do allow hands in the ruck, so how can you say its not already become a free for all in the ruck?
[/b]
Only the version that your Northern unions decided to pick up, in the Super 14 there is no hands in the ruck.

[/b]
You tell me... All those boring Super 14 games you been watching hey?

Owned there I'm afraid Cymro...Was always gonna end like that though.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
You tell me... All those boring Super 14 games you been watching hey? [/b][/quote]

Aye to right ...

The fact of the matter is I dont like some of the ELV's and thats that ... what you going to do about it? Come round to Wales and give me a hiding because I believe like others (that dont post on this forum) that some the ELV's will make the game worse!

Oh wait ... not allowed to have an opinion :rolleyes:

Also Charles post something sensible ... to do with this thread :bravo:

Someone suggested that rather than award points for irrelevant things like tries and penalty kicks, a panel of judges should award points based on style and flair and then advise the audience, pop idol style, on who to vote for when the result goes to a telephone vote. [/b]
Hey, I wasn't being a smart arse. That was a fair point! People talk about the rucks being ruined by this free kick thing (and I don't entirely disagree), but seriously, teams being penalised and copping 3 points for 'infringement' rulings that are often based purely on ambiguous interpretation and at other times are completely wrong, is not a very desirable aspect of Rugby in it's current state... it's confusing as f*** down there, and not even the refs know what is going on!
Arguing the rucks are "fine" means you think inconsistency and ambiguity are good things for the game.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
You tell me... All those boring Super 14 games you been watching hey? [/b][/quote]

Aye to right ...

The fact of the matter is I dont like some of the ELV's and thats that ... what you going to do about it? Come round to Wales and give me a hiding because I believe like others (that dont post on this forum) that some the ELV's will make the game worse!

[/b][/quote]

It was totally relevant. You said hands were allowed in the rucks, which shows how much S14 you've been watching this season, really. :cheers: (Hands were allowed in the ARC though.) So watch some games, or quickly buy new glasses . :bleh!:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Aye to right ...

[/b][/quote]

It was totally relevant. You said hands were allowed in the rucks, which shows how much S14 you've been watching this season, really. :cheers: (Hands were allowed in the ARC though.) So watch some games, or quickly buy new glasses . :bleh!:
[/b][/quote]

How was it 'totally relevant' a little dig :rolleyes: ... hmm says it all about you :cheers:

Also mate dont need glasses, you may beed them to look smart :cheers:

<div class='quotemain'> Someone suggested that rather than award points for irrelevant things like tries and penalty kicks, a panel of judges should award points based on style and flair and then advise the audience, pop idol style, on who to vote for when the result goes to a telephone vote. [/b]
Hey, I wasn't being a smart arse. That was a fair point! People talk about the rucks being ruined by this free kick thing (and I don't entirely disagree), but seriously, teams being penalised and copping 3 points for 'infringement' rulings that are often based purely on ambiguous interpretation and at other times are completely wrong is not very desirable aspect of Rugby in it's current state... it's confusing as f*** down there, and not even the refs know what is going on!
Arguing the rucks are "fine" means you think inconsistency and ambiguity are good things for the game. [/b][/quote]

A very good point made!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts