• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Emerging Springboks v Lions

Well Lions couldn't take victory in South Africa :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Interesting hmmmmmm..........................

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sebastian_Chabal @ Jun 23 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jun 23 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sebastian_Chabal @ Jun 23 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I'm the only one here who predicted the victory of Emerging Boks[/b]
13 - 13 = Draw, last time i checked

Fantastic conversion by De Waal, was hoping/expecting him to miss, but no such luck
Good match to watch, thought we had it in the bag at half time, but E.SB put up a great fight
[/b][/quote]

I know but it's good result for a few young players who showed a character against the most experienced players in the NH.
[/b][/quote]

That is true. A composite team of uncapped players with some of the "best" emerging talent in SA (never heard of that Van Rensburg guy before..) with only 4 training sessions under their belt, drawing against some of the best players from 4 countries.

Not a bad result.

Well done boys! You could of won it though ;)

Abysmal weather pretty much mirrored by the Lions performance. All the second rows did a reasonable job and Martyn Williams tried his best to single-handedly make-up for Worsley's annonimity and Powell's shiteness. Ellis showed why he was second choice at club level all season and barring a few good touches from Earls and Shane Williams everyone outside him was fairly uninspired.

Shaw, O'Callaghan and M. Williams are probably the only players who will tax the selector's thoughts too much.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Jun 23 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sebastian_Chabal @ Jun 23 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jun 23 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sebastian_Chabal @ Jun 23 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I'm the only one here who predicted the victory of Emerging Boks[/b]
13 - 13 = Draw, last time i checked

Fantastic conversion by De Waal, was hoping/expecting him to miss, but no such luck
Good match to watch, thought we had it in the bag at half time, but E.SB put up a great fight
[/b][/quote]

I know but it's good result for a few young players who showed a character against the most experienced players in the NH.
[/b][/quote]

That is true. A composite team of uncapped players with some of the "best" emerging talent in SA (never heard of that Van Rensburg guy before..) with only 4 training sessions under their belt, drawing against some of the some players from 4 countries.

Not a bad result.

[/b][/quote]
No doubt, i was surprised at how well they played, was just pointing out that the lions didn't LOSE lose :p (i've got to claw something back from this match :p )

That is true. A composite team of uncapped players with some of the "best" emerging talent in SA (never heard of that Van Rensburg guy before..) with only 4 training sessions under their belt, drawing against some of the some players from 4 countries.

Not a bad result.

No doubt, i was surprised at how well they played, was just pointing out that the lions didn't LOSE lose :p (i've got to claw something back from this match :p )

Agree young players gave a though fight against well known famous and experienced ones

I think Youngsters had great motivational stimuli from Older brothers

That was a superb kick by de Waal in the last seconds to draw the game, I feel sorry for him that he was never given a chance to play at a higher level like International level.He has a great boot on him, proven again that he is a very reliable goalkicker, not too bad in defense and can make the odd break now and again.

Think they said that he has scored like 1600+ points in provincial & super rugby combined...?

The scrum of the Emerging Springboks wasn't too bad, conditions for scrums on the other hand was just dreadful.

Combination of Bandisa Maku, Dewald Potgieter & Wilhelm Steenkamp (all from the Bulls) in the line-out worked pretty well, was impressed with Maku's throw-ins to the line-outs (But Derick Kuun should still have been in the the squad instead of him).

Vermaak and Rose wasn't too bad on the night, but Rose is still **** and will always be ****!

On the Lions side, Keith Earls proved again that he should rather play at fullback then at center, dropped a few "Garry Owen's" but that could happen to best of players in conditions like that and the Emerging Springboks also chased the kicks well and put pressure on him.

Oh and just a last thing, is Nathan Hines a collector?looked like he wanted to collect some Emerging Springbok jerseys :p

Shane Williams might have put his name forward for a test place after tonight. Earls was good in patches but made errors, could see Martyn Williams start also in the test.

Yup Shane played quite well considering the limited ball and the shite weather. Shane was on the left wing when the emerging boks scored the last try, but he was defending one inside Earls, and yet Earls still came in for the tackle when Shane had it covered, leading to the overlap! I thought, apart from his well taken try, Earls was quite poor, dropped almost all the high balls (I know conditions were bad, but Fitzgerald, Shane and Hook all showed how it's done), and he again sliced a couple kicks. Both the centres were abysmal, D'Arcy tried his hardest and did well on the ground as an extra flanker, Hook didn't make it any easier for him either.

O'Gara was alright, some good touch finders, that's about it imo. He went into contact twice and lost the ball twice, he missed 2-3 tackles and missed a sitter of a penalty (before the weather turned). Don't think he put much of a hand up, neither did Hook. Do I need to say anything about Ellis? ***** ***** **!

Up front was the usual shiteness of the midweek team. Front row was generally poor, ok scrum time, saw nothing more of the props (apart from one charge from Payne in the lead up to Earls' try) and Ford was poor linout time. In the second row O'Callaghan had a decent game, good in the linouts and stole some ball on the deck. Gave away a few pens, but I think he did his chances some good, as did Shaw when he came on. Hines was a mixed bag, some errors, but added some grunt and fire. Worseley and Powell were again very poor, whilst Williams was probably the standoud Lions player. He showed some good stuff in open play, but maybe got a bit outmuscled ruck time? It's hard to tell when he's alongside those two useless c*nts.

Overall it was a terrible performance in some terrible conditions and they were lucky to come away with a draw. Gotta give huge credit to the emerging Boks for putting up such a performance with limited preperation time against a side full of internationals. Their replacement scrum half really caught my eye, whipped the ball away from rucks, giving space and time to his outside half. His dive pass leading up to the clinching try is what allowed the space to be utilised. He also put up some great box kicks that put Earls under big pressure. Backrow were also impressive (don't you have enough quality there already?), futures looking bright in SA.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 24 2009, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Shane Williams might have put his name forward for a test place after tonight. Earls was good in patches but made errors, could see Martyn Williams start also in the test.[/b]

i have read a topic about this match and was surprised by learning about Shane Williams's weak play :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :superstition: :superstition: :superstition: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 23 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 24 2009, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shane Williams might have put his name forward for a test place after tonight. Earls was good in patches but made errors, could see Martyn Williams start also in the test.[/b]

i have read a topic about this match and was surprised by learning about Shane Williams's weak play :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :superstition: :superstition: :superstition: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
[/b][/quote]

Tonight he showed glimpses of his class give him a chance like Monye had last week and he will score them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 24 2009, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 23 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Tonight he showed glimpses of his class give him a chance like Monye had last week and he will score them.
[/b][/quote]

I sad I was surprised and not astonished or something like this ;) ;)

Believe I like him as well and I give him a chance for more than 1000 plays
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Jun 23 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yup Shane played quite well considering the limited ball and the shite weather. Shane was on the left wing when the emerging boks scored the last try, but he was defending one inside Earls, and yet Earls still came in for the tackle when Shane had it covered, leading to the overlap! I thought, apart from his well taken try, Earls was quite poor, dropped almost all the high balls (I know conditions were bad, but Fitzgerald, Shane and Hook all showed how it's done), and he again sliced a couple kicks. Both the centres were abysmal, D'Arcy tried his hardest and did well on the ground as an extra flanker, Hook didn't make it any easier for him either.[/b]

Think you're being awfully harsh on Earls.

Look at the try again, Williams pushed Earls out of the line. and williams should have been on his wing anyway. the drift defence could have covered the ball being spread. Never had a chance with Williams there.

He sliced one kick and made two massive kicks and put a beauty in behind. Fitzgerald, Williams and Hook had all the easy ones. Earls all involved taking a ball in the air in torrential rain with about 3 boks coming in on him. Though I admit he could have done slightly better for maybe 2 of them. But the rest wouldn't have been taken by Byrne.

Sorry Lions are not playing drift defence they were playing the Blitz. Earls took out the on coming Williams at thats the end of that.

Also again making excesses about conditions ... conditions were the same and Earls made a has of it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 24 2009, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sorry Lions are not playing drift defence they were playing the Blitz. Earls took out the on coming Williams at thats the end of that.

Also again making excesses about conditions ... conditions were the same and Earls made a has of it.[/b]

Nice selective reading there. Earls was dealing with all the box kixks while the others were dealing with the straightforward ones as you're well aware so stop playing obtuse. And yes they were blitzing but anyone knows to drift wioith that large an overlap.

Still haven't said what Williams was doing in the Centre.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 23 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 23 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

You can't use that as an excuse. Any other winger on tour would have, any decent 6N wing would have, any decent Heineken cup winger would have scored the second Monye missed try. His skill levels really are appalling, pace and power can only take you so far (In his case to a lions test jersey! :p) but he was found out at the highest level.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 24 2009, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 24 2009, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also again making excesses about conditions ... conditions were the same and Earls made a has of it.[/b]

Nice selective reading there. Earls was dealing with all the box kixks while the others were dealing with the straightforward ones as you're well aware so stop playing obtuse. And yes they were blitzing but anyone knows to drift wioith that large an overlap.

[/b][/quote]

Yep good selective reading ... maybe because im right.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jun 24 2009, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 23 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

You can't use that as an excuse. Any other winger on tour would have, any decent 6N wing would have, any decent Heineken cup winger would have scored the second Monye missed try. His skill levels really are appalling, pace and power can only take you so far (In his case to a lions test jersey! :p) but he was found out at the highest level.
[/b][/quote]

Every great player may have **** games

Not? ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 24 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 24 2009, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Maybe. Or maybe because you're wrong.

Maybe is a suitably vague word. That would have been far wasier if it had been in one thread.

MOD Cymro:

awwwchinkew4.gif

Here you are:

Wiser

Go and learn the definition of it. Might help you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 24 2009, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 24 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 24 2009, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Maybe is a suitably vague word. That would have been far easier if it had been in one thread.

Here you are:

Wiser

[/b][/quote]

Again I apologise for typos when I'm in a hurry. I'm sure someday it will happen to you and I won't be quite so rude about it.

And it was easier, not wiser.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 24 2009, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 24 2009, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jun 24 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Maybe is a suitably vague word. That would have been far easier if it had been in one thread.

Here you are:

Wiser

[/b][/quote]

Again I apologise for typos when I'm in a hurry. I'm sure someday it will happen to you and I won't be quite so rude about it.

And it was easier, not wiser.
[/b][/quote]

On this very forum my spelling has been crucified!

But thanks to Steve-O that has all changed ;)

Latest posts