• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England EPS 2017/18 edition.

Woodburn is 25. Why not call him up?

Of the available options, Woodburn would be my choice too. OK, he's unlikely to be a world beater, but he's very good in all aspects of wing play and has improved beyond measure at Exeter.

Earle's tries at the weekend were good, but I'm yet to fully buy in to the hype around him (albeit that's more muted these days).

So with our available players what is our strongest xv to play argentina?

Seems we missing few props, few wingers and billy haha

Of the available options, Woodburn would be my choice too. OK, he's unlikely to be a world beater, but he's very good in all aspects of wing play and has improved beyond measure at Exeter.

Earle's tries at the weekend were good, but I'm yet to fully buy in to the hype around him (albeit that's more muted these days).

Neither am I. Hype is unnecessary still at the moment.

Woodburn would be my choice.

Very true and in many respects it would be good to see that improvement rewarded. I guess Eddie's thinking may be more driven by whether he could see someone playing a part in Japan; on that basis I'd go with Earle.

He's capable of magic but that's not really enough at international level

No, but equally honest grafters aren't what beat the All Blacks either. Not particularly advocating Wade, but just surprised that he hasn't been given more of a crack somewhere down the line. Far worse players than him have.

I think the Wade situation is dead simple, he's small. Like it or hate it, a lot of rugby coaches have an aversion to picking small players outside 9 and possibly 10. The era of small wingers like Robinson and Williams is gone and not because they can't do it any more, but because the perception is they could never match up to some of the giants we now see on the wing.

Very true and in many respects it would be good to see that improvement rewarded. I guess Eddie's thinking may be more driven by whether he could see someone playing a part in Japan; on that basis I'd go with Earle.

Earle isn't starting for Sarries. Hes already 23. Woodburn is 25 yet the past couple years has been one of the best wings in the premiership.

Intrigued to find out what people are basing their Earle presumptions on. Don't get me wrong hes a talent but if I was to pick between Woodburn and Earle on the opposite wing to King Jonny May it would be Woodburn everytime.

May is a proven failure at international level.
He's had a few good games but doesn't make up for the missed tackles, missed tries and multiple multiple cock ups on the high ball when he's jumped into his own teammate for no reason

He's deserving of another shot because of his good form but this is more last chance saloon than glorious homecoming

Robshaw wasn't, He statistically one of the best backrowers in the world when playing for England.
He wasn't a 7, it was the backrow that was a failure not him.

Don't get me wrong, May is one of the best wingers in the premiership he's just brought 0 consistency of that form to the international stage and he's had 27 cracks of the whip.
I want him to do well, but the likelihood of him stringing 2 or 3 performances together is slim.

Latest posts