• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England EPS 2017/18 edition.

Same 35 called up for training this week (inc. two apprentices and Ben Teo with his mobility scooter, for some reason).

EJ has said Brown likely to be fit but needs to pass the medical checks

Underhill not available for selection - he's fine after the headknock, But it's his second concussion this year so is being stood down for a while.

Samoa the ideal test now to throw in Genge, George, Williams, Ewels, Simmonds, Slade at 13, from the start ayy?

I don't think Eddie will make that many changes in a full blooded test.
I could see marler start with genge bench,
Itoje start, Ewels bench

Ppoossiibbllyy George start with Farrell captain, But history suggests that won't happen.

Don't rate Williams, but I wouldn't mind seeing him start. Cole plays too much and we do need to look at alternatives for the times Sinckler is inevitably banned

Mako and Daly strike me as those needing a break. Daly looked absolutely exhausted this week.

If Jones is serious about resting the lions players I guess Watson will have time off too, or a bench spot.

Is it just me or could Daly lose a few pounds?

I agree Cole needs resting, badly.

Samoa the ideal test now to throw in Genge, George, Williams, Ewels, Simmonds, Slade at 13, from the start ayy?

Id like to see that, apart from ewels. But have roughly the same 23 just have an nice strong bench rather than rest players, bench a couple

I think care and george earned the right to a start, simmonds hasnt done anything spectacular but might be just the game to give him ago at 7 with hughes and robshaw given no underhill.

I think vs samoa

Genge
Georgw
Cole
Launch
Lawes
Robshaw
Simmonds
Hughes
Care
Ford
May
Faz
Slade (needs to be tried at 13 in this setup)
Daly
Watson

Mako
Hartley
Williams
Itoje
Mercer (id like him to get a shot even as an apprentice)
Youngs
JJ
Brown? Roko?

That back 3 needs more experience together. And against samoa is perfect for them to get abit of experience where i expect they will be in more space than vs Aus. Nothing against brown he still has a place but having 2 FBs experienced in this england setup gives us a boost going into 2019 RWC. Especially given the less rest days between the 'easy' games and the hard ones this WC

Id like to see that, apart from ewels. But have roughly the same 23 just have an nice strong bench rather than rest players, bench a couple

I think care and george earned the right to a start, simmonds hasnt done anything spectacular but might be just the game to give him ago at 7 with hughes and robshaw given no underhill.

I think vs samoa

Genge
Georgw
Cole
Launch
Lawes
Robshaw
Simmonds
Hughes
Care
Ford
May
Faz
Slade (needs to be tried at 13 in this setup)
Daly
Watson

Mako
Hartley
Williams
Itoje
Mercer (id like him to get a shot even as an apprentice)
Youngs
JJ
Brown? Roko?

That back 3 needs more experience together. And against samoa is perfect for them to get abit of experience where i expect they will be in more space than vs Aus. Nothing against brown he still has a place but having 2 FBs experienced in this england setup gives us a boost going into 2019 RWC. Especially given the less rest days between the 'easy' games and the hard ones this WC

We know what Care can do though. This is where Robson should be involved, for me. Care is a great finisher in an open, tired game. Youngs controls things, we know that too. Surely we cant just continue relying on Care and Youngs alone?

We know what Care can do though. This is where Robson should be involved, for me. Care is a great finisher in an open, tired game. Youngs controls things, we know that too. Surely we cant just continue relying on Care and Youngs alone?

Agree'd 100% but EJ wont pick someone else and no other SHs have trained with england. Im saying for this game give him a start because we mighy need him to start games if youngs get injured. Id rather new players in for experience but as it stands care earned a shot to get a start.

Whilst I can't fault Jones' results, there does seem to be a massive flaw in any sort of contingency planning. Imagine if Watson had played Fullback for club, that would be the only thing allowing us to have a Fullback with experience of the position and the England squad when Brown got injured. Likewise with Care and Youngs, no contingency for either being injured and no planning for alternative starters if Youngs gets injured. I get having a core of players you use to start but at some point you need to look at addressing the "what ifs". Stupidly the position where we do this most is the position where we least need to do it (lock).

At this rate Brad Shields will walk into the squad and probably even make the 23. Backrow need to raise their games.

Do we? I must admit, I do'nt think I've read anything from Eddie on Armand.
I'd just assumed that Armand is just too old to go wasting first caps on - much like Roko has had to put up with being.

When is Dave Ewers back? Would love to see him in the squad, Ewers Vunipola Underhill Itoje Launchbury/Lawes. Not a bad 5.

Manu might be fit this weekend.
Which should mean he has a injury just before the Christmas period and can enjoy a nice relaxing Christmas.

I will say England do miss a fully fit Manu our attack lacks bite in the midfield. The big question is can he last more than 3 games?

Latest posts