• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England EPS 2017/18 edition.

Robshaw wasn't, He statistically one of the best backrowers in the world when playing for England.
He wasn't a 7, it was the backrow that was a failure not him.

Don't get me wrong, May is one of the best wingers in the premiership he's just brought 0 consistency of that form to the international stage and he's had 27 cracks of the whip.
I want him to do well, but the likelihood of him stringing 2 or 3 performances together is slim.

Heres hoping. Guys clearly upped his game.

Robshaw wasn't, He statistically one of the best backrowers in the world when playing for England.

Don't get me wrong, May is one of the best wingers in the premiership he's just brought 0 consistency of that form to the international stage and he's had 27 cracks of the whip.
I want him to do well, but the likelihood of him stringing 2 or 3 performances together is slim.

Bath statistically had one of the best defences last year

Interesting post. I think it's overly harsh to suggest May is in the 'last chance saloon' at test level, but it is fair to say he's definitely up against it when it comes to establishing himself as a first choice.

The one thing I would say in his defence is that he's never really had a run of games. He's been in and out of the side (mostly due to injury) which has limited his opportunity to nail down the left wing slot.

IMO, I think he's improved the weaker aspects of his game and is clearly in the form of his life. Hopefully he gets over his hamstring strain for the Argentina game and carries his Premiership form in to the AIs.

I'd also argue May has been different. Prior to his injury he was in the best form he had even been in for England. Now at Tigers he is the form winger in the prem, it's seems to show this isn't an upturn to be followed by a down but a genuine step up in performance. I also think that May and Brown had difficulty working together which compounded the problem, I don't think they communicated much. I suspect May on the left wing with Watson at Fullback will work better. Also May in Argentina when England got that red was exceptional, he covered both wings and had tons of energy. He seems to be getting rid of his "rabbit in the headlights" style of playing.

England forwards going training with wales but dunn, mercer, Iseikwe and Simmonds been left at pennyhill park on a seperate training shedule. What does this mean? Will they be used against argentina?

Daly also been recalled.

England forwards going training with wales but dunn, mercer, Iseikwe and Simmonds been left at pennyhill park on a seperate training shedule. What does this mean? Will they be used against argentina?

Daly also been recalled.

Can't see any of those names being mentioned playing in the Argentina game then.

Meh, it's only one session, and it's obviously not going to be specific to the Saturday game. So I don't think you can say that.

I'd imagine it's probably a systems or conditioning session.

Meh, it's only one session, and it's obviously not going to be specific to the Saturday game. So I don't think you can say that.

I'd imagine it's probably a systems or conditioning session.

I just think it's telling that its those names not one senior players in amongst them.
Maybe if it had one senior player with them.
Who do you think will be involved then?

If not its a shame id have liked to see simmonds and Iseikwe play ( though skelton played and looked good so there is kruise itoje amd skelton ahead at sarries nevermind england level) but then who takes the 19 and 20 shirt vs argentina? Maybe hes looking at them in the third test. Samoa is it?

If not its a shame id have liked to see simmonds and Iseikwe play ( though skelton played and looked good so there is kruise itoje amd skelton ahead at sarries nevermind england level) but then who takes the 19 and 20 shirt vs argentina? Maybe hes looking at them in the third test. Samoa is it?

I mean the 19 shirt you have Itoje, Kruis, Lawes and Launch all available 20 i expect Robshaw/Underhill/Curry to feature depending on who plays 6 (I reckon Lawes will play 6).

I'm not saying they definitely will play, just that this session isn't crucial for them to play on Saturday.

I think it's probably just so that Eddie can see who is capable of being a nasty ****.

I'd also argue May has been different. Prior to his injury he was in the best form he had even been in for England. Now at Tigers he is the form winger in the prem, it's seems to show this isn't an upturn to be followed by a down but a genuine step up in performance. I also think that May and Brown had difficulty working together which compounded the problem, I don't think they communicated much. I suspect May on the left wing with Watson at Fullback will work better. Also May in Argentina when England got that red was exceptional, he covered both wings and had tons of energy. He seems to be getting rid of his "rabbit in the headlights" style of playing.

Daly's red card was at Twickenham, but yes, May was notably excellent in that game.

You're right that there is some kind of problem between Brown and May. May doesn't seem to be an abrasive type so I suspect that it's mainly coming from Brown. It seems to be personal too, so it's disappointing that someone who is regarded as one of the leaders in the side (rightly or wrongly) would let that spill over on to the pitch.

Seen May have issues with jumping for the ball when a FB is going for it for Glos and Tigers too.

I don't think it's specific to Brown.

I remember the surprise when he actually passed in the summer.

Tom Curry out for 3 months,
Dislocated something in his wrist

Be interesting to see if they do just replace him with his brother, Ben has the played the better of the two this season

Latest posts