• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[England] Post-6N/Pre-RWC Player Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to Ashton get another shot but thats probably not going to happen

Ashton doesn't work in the current England set up. Unless we play like we did against France where the 9 and 10 like to make breaks and keep the ball alive. In which case I would look at him on the wing.

Ashton doesn't work in the current England set up. Unless we play like we did against France where the 9 and 10 like to make breaks and keep the ball alive. In which case I would look at him on the wing.

Well, Youngs and Ashton do like to make breaks to be fair...

People wanting Ashton back in the 23 should have a think back to his form in his last X number of caps, and then compare Goode's club form to his international form.

That's what I was thinking we're making more line breaks so his tracking and support might finish off some of these chances.
Though on here I don't think Ashton is liked to much.
But goodes club form then international form is a good example why Ashton may not work.

He's my second choice behind Tuilagi.
I read somewhere that when Clive Woodward was coaching the England U20s he put a very fast young winger at fly-half, just to see what would happen. History doesn't relate as to the result of the experiment, however.

Clive Woodward, rugby's failed answer to Billy Beane!

I know it was against Mickey Mouse and Co but Stu Hogg played 10 on Lions tour largely because he is quick.

Just watched the Saracens v Tigers game and a couple of points-
Ashton was at fault for us not scoring 2 tries. Still he was pretty good with ball in hand, put in some good grubber kicks. Vunipola was immense, Mako was also good but Cole had his number most of the game. Wigglesworth done well and Barritt had a great game back. Bumped once by Pearce but he was still brilliant in defence, wrapped round a few times with Hodgson. Kruis was physical when carrying which was good too see, Itoje again good off the bench. One of the best ruckers I have seen in a long time.
For Tigers, no one really put their hand up. Didn't score a point after like the 15 miniute. Burns does look dangerous in parts but he didn't have a chance really as we were too dominant on every collision. Tom Youngs got a stupid yellow which lead to us getting the try before half time.

Just watched the Saracens v Tigers game and a couple of points-
Ashton was at fault for us not scoring 2 tries. Still he was pretty good with ball in hand, put in some good grubber kicks. Vunipola was immense, Mako was also good but Cole had his number most of the game. Wigglesworth done well and Barritt had a great game back. Bumped once by Pearce but he was still brilliant in defence, wrapped round a few times with Hodgson. Kruis was physical when carrying which was good too see, Itoje again good off the bench. One of the best ruckers I have seen in a long time.
For Tigers, no one really put their hand up. Didn't score a point after like the 15 miniute. Burns does look dangerous in parts but he didn't have a chance really as we were too dominant on every collision. Tom Youngs got a stupid yellow which lead to us getting the try before half time.

To be fair I thought Tait was not too bad.

I know it was against Mickey Mouse and Co but Stu Hogg played 10 on Lions tour largely because he is quick.

More because Garland didn't want a huge squad and ended up needing a third fly half.

Forgot about him, was really dangerous when we kicked loosely. Is he still going to France ? Should've been involved with England so much more.

Really? Tait hasn't been anything special, I means he's been better than side step goode but really hasn't done anything special.

From having so many good FB options we seem a little sparse there now

Really? Tait hasn't been anything special, I means he's been better than side step goode but really hasn't done anything special.

From having so many good FB options we seem a little sparse there now

Tait has been great in a crappy Leicester back line.

Mind you, you would say that.

Should we be looking at locking down Tom Francis before Wales poach him?
Do we have any Saxons fixtures in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts