• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[England] Post-6N/Pre-RWC Player Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of kicking options makes this team completely useless.

My revised team is now
9) Lamb
10) Ford
11) Twelvetrees (played on the wing a couple times for Leicester)
12) Flood
13) Farrell
14) Daly
15) Cips

Perfect

Bench
21) Wiggleworth
22) bananaman
23) Barritt

:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

The only issue is a lack of a genuine kicking option. Maybe having Banahan in the 12/13 shirt would help with this ?

Personally I feel it lacks direction and needs some Tuilagi at Ten to sort it out.

Fancy a forward pack of:

1) Marler, 2) Youngs, 3) Wilson
4) Vunipola, 5) Easter
6) Burgess, 7) Cole, 8) Manu
9) Lamb, 10) Ford
12) Flood, 13) Farrell
11) Twelvetrees, 14) Daly, 15) Cipriani

If only Joel Tompkins was still about...

We would have our Captain.

9) Farrell
10) Farrell
11) Farrell
12) Farrell
13) Farrell
14) Farrell
15) Farrell

We just need to discover cloning and we are good to go.

Has Burgess played 6 in an AP game yet?

I know he is starting there this weekend but has he played there as a sub yet?

not at AP level but for Bath 'B' I think he did ?

Fancy a forward pack of:

1) Marler, 2) Youngs, 3) Wilson
4) Vunipola, 5) Easter
6) Burgess, 7) Cole, 8) Manu
9) Lamb, 10) Ford
12) Flood, 13) Farrell
11) Twelvetrees, 14) Daly, 15) Cipriani

We would have our Captain.

Are you stupid ? Turner-Hall is made for the 11 shirt........

Last edited:
Burgess played 5 mins as a sub on the right wing against Gloucester. Robson scored from a blindside break down his wing while he was nowhere to be seen.

On that basis, I would say he's made the England 15 shirt his own

If we are going down this route then corbisero at 3! He played there badly a few times.

Dylan Hartley at loose head - he did cover there once

[ QUOTE=Every Time Ref;720042]I just wanted to let that stand on its own for a bit...[/QUOTE]

We're going to fall out over this...

An England spot is not an entitlement, but being told the truth usually is. Dylan Hartley would quite clearly be Montpellier-bound if he didn't think it would adversely affect his world cup. If they do then turn around and pick French-bound players, they have effectively lied to him and every other EQP. I believe Lancaster's quotes in public over the last couple of years back this up and shoot down the matter of it being flexible, although I haven't looked at the matter in a while and can't claim to have seen all of them.

Ultimately, if Lancaster is perceived as having been untruthful with his players, I don't see that going down too well. I don't think they are going to complain, or should complain, if at the last Lancaster makes a decision within the framework they know that results in a few different players. But suddenly departing from that is going to be a very different kettle of fish.
Lancaster has sent mixed messages in the past.

Door is slightly open: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/apr/24/steffon-armitage-england-stuart-lancaster-toulon
Door is closed: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ru...ce-Steffon-Armitage-decision-stay-Toulon.html

A couple of team changes in the last 12 months are fairly normal, to be fair, and I think experimentation has been made difficult by a good run together and neverending injuries to his next favourite flanker in Croft. Besides, by my rough and slightly pedantic reckoning, they've only been the flanker combination for 19 of Lancaster's 39 games (I think that's the right total) - not quite all the eggs in one basket by any means.

Still, not a good look.
There is not really any excuse for the lack of caps for Kvesic imo, and I can't help but view it as a mistake that Ewers doesn't have five by now either.

Lack of kicking options makes this team completely useless.

My revised team is now
9) Lamb
10) Ford
11) Twelvetrees (played on the wing a couple times for Leicester)
12) Flood
13) Farrell
14) Daly
15) Cips

Perfect

Bench
21) Wiggleworth
22) bananaman
23) Barritt
No fly-half cover on the bench, 2/10, it's like you want us to lose.

Why do you think Lancaster felt the need to go over to Toulon in the first place, j'nuh?

Wasn't he over there to have a word with Wilkinson anyway?
My guess is that he wanted Armitage playing for England, and wanted to discuss how to make that happen within the framework. (This was before the mooted move to Bath, so there may have been discussions about Armitage moving back to England.)

Last edited:
No fly-half cover on the bench, 2/10, it's like you want us to lose.

What about Barritt? Good distributor, takes the ball to the line well, quick, he's got everything you need for a 10.

I feel this joke selection may have gone too far. I'm out of my comfort zone. Can we go back to arguing about back rows or, better yet, mock @goodNumber10 for being Andy Farrell?

We're going to fall out over this...

Hey, I never said I didn't like it[/QUOTE]

Well in that case, I stand corrected!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel this joke selection may have gone too far. I'm out of my comfort zone. Can we go back to arguing about back rows or, better yet, mock @goodNumber10 for being Andy Farrell?

Hey, I never said I didn't like it

Well in that case, I stand corrected![/QUOTE]

Let's just agree that neither of us can do formatting and make up

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts