• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Saxons vs Ireland Wolfhounds 4:30 Jan 28

funny how you think conor murray is so bad yet if he plays amazing this six nations you will be saying hes amazing at the end of the day he hasnt had a proper run of games for ireland so dont be so quick to judge the boy yet hes only 22 and you will see he will be a great scrum half for ireland and everyone slagging earls i seem to forget he was the top try scorer at the rwc and scored against wales in the quarter, same with earls if he played amazing this six nations every1 would be praising him make your mind up people, damn these leinster fans annoy me sometimes ..
I agree that people are underrating Murray, He is playing very well and is an intelligent player, He's also big and strong for a scrum-half. As for Earls I rate him quite highly but then again I'm a Munster fan

funny how you think conor murray is so bad yet if he plays amazing this six nations you will be saying hes amazing at the end of the day he hasnt had a proper run of games for ireland so dont be so quick to judge the boy yet hes only 22 and you will see he will be a great scrum half for ireland and everyone slagging earls i seem to forget he was the top try scorer at the rwc and scored against wales in the quarter, same with earls if he played amazing this six nations every1 would be praising him make your mind up people, damn these leinster fans annoy me sometimes ..
I'm not saying Murray's bad, I'm saying there are plenty of better scrum halves around. I'm judging him on how he plays for Munster which is above average. He may become a top class player but he's not there at the moment. You're absolutely right, if he has a brilliant 6 Nations I'll laud his performances. I'm basing my opinion on the evidence I've seen thus far, not what I hope to see in the future. From what I've seen, he box kicks well, passes pretty well, is a good tackler and is a nuisance around the fringes. Against that, he kicks too often and plays with blinkers on, too often attacking the fringes himself when he'd be better off spinning it wide. I think that's a reasonable assessment.

People are criticizing Earls' impact as an outside centre, not as a winger. I'd have no qualms with picking him on the wing but don't agree with choosing him at 13. If it annoys you that I give my honest opinion on those players, so be it.

I'm not saying Murray's bad, I'm saying there are plenty of better scrum halves around. I'm judging him on how he plays for Munster which is above average. He may become a top class player but he's not there at the moment. You're absolutely right, if he has a brilliant 6 Nations I'll laud his performances. I'm basing my opinion on the evidence I've seen thus far, not what I hope to see in the future. From what I've seen, he box kicks well, passes pretty well, is a good tackler and is a nuisance around the fringes. Against that, he kicks too often and plays with blinkers on, too often attacking the fringes himself when he'd be better off spinning it wide. I think that's a reasonable assessment.

People are criticizing Earls' impact as an outside centre, not as a winger. I'd have no qualms with picking him on the wing but don't agree with choosing him at 13. If it annoys you that I give my honest opinion on those players, so be it.

yes he not have had the best of time against england at outside center but he has all the phsical attributes to be a great outside centre and i still believe strongly from a ireland fan perspective he can be the succeesor to bod

1722 RUGBY UNION: England Saxons have called Miles Benjamin of Worcester, London Irish's Jonathan Joseph and David Seymour of Sale into their squad to face Scotland A on Friday.

Some will be pleased

yes he not have had the best of time against england at outside center but he has all the phsical attributes to be a great outside centre and i still believe strongly from a ireland fan perspective he can be the succeesor to bod

I don't like Earls at centre tbh. His positioning in defense is pretty poor and his passing game leaves a lot to be desired. What he does possess is a good turn of pace and an excellent eye for the line, skills that are perfectly suited to the wing position - where he plays his rugby. I reckon if he's left on the wing he could have a very good Irish career whereas if he is continuously played at centre he could very easily fall behind Eoin O'Malley and Darren Cave.

As for Murray, well the guy is probably our best prospect at scrum half along with Paul Marshall, the difference being that Murray has gotten a lot of game time in the last year or so while Ruan Pienaar is still very much in the driving seat up North. He's a good player and could be very good if he were a little less greedy, something that they should be trying to beat out of him. If the run is on then go for it, but an awful lot of the time he carries needlessly.

Also,

Some will be pleased

I saw Jonathan Joseph play recently for London Irish and he really had some spark about him, was cutting the line regularly, I think he could partner Manu Tuilagi in the centres in a year or so

both him and Benjamin are better call ups than Banahan

I don't like Earls at centre tbh. His positioning in defense is pretty poor and his passing game leaves a lot to be desired. What he does possess is a good turn of pace and an excellent eye for the line, skills that are perfectly suited to the wing position - where he plays his rugby. I reckon if he's left on the wing he could have a very good Irish career whereas if he is continuously played at centre he could very easily fall behind Eoin O'Malley and Darren Cave.

I totally agree, Earls is a very good finisher, but he's a pants centre, Kidney would be stupid to play him there, Rougerie, Roberts, Lamont and Tuilagi will enjoy facing him

Hmm. An openside, a left-winger and an outside centre. Radical thinking for Lancaster there given the EPS.

Happy with this, but starting to wonder how far down the wing pecking order JSD is. Do we have any 8s left in the Saxons?

Good point...
Can Tom Johnson play 8?
It'd be typical England to call up a 7 and then play him out of position :lol:

Good point...
Can Tom Johnson play 8?
It'd be typical England to call up a 7 and then play him out of position :lol:

Gibson can play 8. Johnson's a fairly out and out 6 at domestic level to the best of my knowledge.

Latest posts