• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Six Nations thread

I don't think Leicester have stopped spending money at all... now there are just more clubs who can spend similar amounts.

I don't think Leicester have stopped spending money at all... now there are just more clubs who can spend similar amounts.

This the cap space for the other clubs was greater than the cap space Leicester had. Leicester have always had to swap like for like almost, and unlike other teams havn't had a period of player they youngster without pressure.

TBH only Cole, Ed slater and OTY imo could justify being in the England 23. Tigers have had a very busy tiring year so far and the players haven't produce to the usual high standards.

In fairness though croft cole parling and tuilagi would probably be in the 23 if they were fit

It's seems we have stopped spending money as much as others bath , Northampton

We have some good young lads coming through though I think

Dont think its that to be honest I think Cockers management style is rubbing alot of players up the wrong way and they seem to be leaving in droves. Its that or there are big cash flow problems

Dont think its that to be honest I think Cockers management style is rubbing alot of players up the wrong way and they seem to be leaving in droves. Its that or there are big cash flow problems

fozzie-facepalm.gif

Leaving in droves?

Flood and Goneva are leaving for the money, Goneva even said he would stay if Leicester could match the offer but he didn't think they could.

Ford, 36, Waldrom Leaving because of game time, at the time Flood and Allen where ahead and so they moved to pastures new. Same can be said of castro he was upset cole was playing more than him and Toulon flashed the cash.

How that cockers fault?

Talk about speculation.

What's Frazier Balmain coming along like now ?

He doing alright not getting much game time, I think cockers was wanting to loan him to a championship side, with Schuster being a back up TH but didn't work out. The games have been to close to really bring him on without much pressure.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Pasquali over take him in the next couple of seasons. he been progressing really well for tigers is in the Italian U20s (at only 18) setup with Brugnara, add in Hills and Farnsworth and tigers development props look very handy.

fozzie-facepalm.gif

Leaving in droves?

Flood and Goneva are leaving for the money, Goneva even said he would stay if Leicester could match the offer but he didn't think they could.

Ford, 36, Waldrom Leaving because of game time, at the time Flood and Allen where ahead and so they moved to pastures new. Same can be said of castro he was upset cole was playing more than him and Toulon flashed the cash.

How that cockers fault?

Talk about speculation.

Over the last few years we have lost more good players than we have had in. Players like 36 and ford left and now we have? Allen oh wait hes off, Flood? yeah off he goes fair enough for the money but Allen has got worse as a player since being at tigers. Waldrom has been sharing the number 8 duties with Crane for years yet now wants to leave. Plus the fact we are currently worse than at any point in the last 10 years and we currently dont have a first class 10 for next season.

Are you saying Cockers is blameless?

Over the last few years we have lost more good players than we have had in. Players like 36 and ford left and now we have? Allen oh wait hes off, Flood? yeah off he goes fair enough for the money but Allen has got worse as a player since being at tigers. Waldrom has been sharing the number 8 duties with Crane for years yet now wants to leave. Plus the fact we are currently worse than at any point in the last 10 years and we currently dont have a first class 10 for next season.

Are you saying Cockers is blameless?

Allen become a worse player since being at tigers??? Allen isn't off either he signed a 2 year deal.

Waldrom wants to leave as his contract has ended and the Exeter offered him a better deal and a 3 year deal as oppose to tigers 2 that's a fact.

What other quality players have left that I have failed to mention. Agulla wanted to stay but tigers didn't' like the fact he would be away with Argentina at the start of the season.

Our 10 for next season our Burns, Williams and Bai is strongly linked with coming to us. Williams and Burns have potential to become first class.

Nope Allen signed a new 3 year deal in January. He was linked with Leinster as apparently Matt O'Connor wanted him.

True re Burns and Williams, but who else is on the market that is better? NZ wont move now till after the WC the good ones at least.
Tigers didn't know Flood would be leaving when Ford went. If they did i'm sure they would of given him the game time he wanted.

Still don't see how it is cockers rubbing the players up the wrong way.

Last edited:
I think the main benefit of having Tuilagi back is that it really opens up a crashball game style. We would then have Billy V and Tuilagi capable of crashing through the defence, which could potentially open things up. Having said that Burrel seems to have been doing well. Ireland should pose the biggest challenge to him so will see how he handles that.

He doing alright not getting much game time, I think cockers was wanting to loan him to a championship side, with Schuster being a back up TH but didn't work out. The games have been to close to really bring him on without much pressure.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Pasquali over take him in the next couple of seasons. he been progressing really well for tigers is in the Italian U20s (at only 18) setup with Brugnara, add in Hills and Farnsworth and tigers development props look very handy.

Woa woa hang on there. Since when has Farnsworth been a prop? He was a bloody back rower when I used to play with and against him. He got in the academy playing in the 6 shirt at the epdg games, super fast and explosive.

Bower too??

fozzie-facepalm.gif

Leaving in droves?

How that cockers fault?

Talk about speculation.
http://www.espn.co.uk/england/rugby/story/188569.html

Most relevant parts:

Martin Castrogiovanni, who left Leicester to join Toulon at the end of the season, has slammed the way the club and controversial director of rugby Richard Cockerill behaved in his final months.

Castrogiovanni had one year of his contract remaining and the club demanded compensation for him to break that, something he felt was unnecessary in light of the service he had given Leicester since 2006 and the indication they gave him that he did not feature in their plans.

"I am not ashamed to admit that I paid to join Toulon out of my own pocket," Castrogiovanni told the Rugby Paper. "It was the only way I had to do it. After all my years of service with Leicester, I did not expect them [chief executive Simon Cohen and Cockerill] to behave in such an ungracious manner towards me. I must say they have disappointed me terribly.

Perhaps more worryingly for the club,
he added that the dressing-room was not a content place. "You cannot hope to keep everyone happy by changing the squad around systematically and I can assure you that there are very few happy players at Leicester today. That is hard to say, but the truth cannot remain hidden forever.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that the U20's game is on at 6:00 on SkySports2 tonight after the senior game.

Woa woa hang on there. Since when has Farnsworth been a prop? He was a bloody back rower when I used to play with and against him. He got in the academy playing in the 6 shirt at the epdg games, super fast and explosive.

Jake Franworth has been Hooker sub for a few of the A league games (not prop sorry)

Castro wanted to be let go to Toulon without a Transfer fee, Cohen and cockers were having none of it then Toulon said there were pulling out, Things got ugly and castro had to pay he own transfer fee to get him out of it. Things got really ugly. Also i'm sure cockers dose rub some players up the wrong way, but apparently O'Connor was worse with the players over the last couple of seasons.

Bower too??

Yep forgot about him aswell.

Either way loads of quality young props coming through.

Two tries for Watson and one for Eastmond this afternoon.
Really hope one of them will make the bench next round - hopefully their performance today can convince Lancaster, like Ford did last week.

Glad that Goode didn't make it off of the bench today, as well.

And it wasn't long ago Goode was keeping Brown out on the wing! Still clinging onto the squad like a barnacle though.

Hopefully Eastmond finally gets a look in, i'm backing 36 long term but having Eastmond poised there on the bench and in training would hopefully up Twelvetree's game.

To think if Lancaster had put brown in this correct position he would have been on the lions tour.

Reckon Watson will get used in the Italy game.

Latest posts