• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Six Nations thread

RFU in twitter saying Attwood made 9 tackles, hit 9 rucks and made 1 turnover in his 11 minutes on the pitch. Safe to say can bring him on a bit earlier next week.

I'd keep Burrell in, and 36 at 12. Tuilagi on the bench could be good, but longterm i'd like to see Burrell and Tuilagi run at 12/13.

RFU in twitter saying Attwood made 9 tackles, hit 9 rucks and made 1 turnover in his 11 minutes on the pitch. Safe to say can bring him on a bit earlier next week.

And that turnover came from him completely messing up the Irish maul that otherwise could have gone right up to our line. Also he didn't simply "tackle" 9 times, he absolutely smashed players 9 times.

I'd love to see Tuilagi on the bench for England in the last 2 rounds. He could really change a game.

Also, if by some miracle we get past Wales, we may need to score LOTS of points against Italy.

I think we'll get past wales. They don't have nearly as much discipline as Ireland and through Farrell they'll be chasing a game very quickly.

hmm...interesting. What attribute(s) in particular do you like in those two at center ?

Well Burrell is a 12 playing out of position for england, and a damn good 12. He's got a good passing game, not as good as 12trees but England don't play with a back three strike runner so 12trees passing game is kind of negated as he has no runners ot hit like he does at Glucester and this is why he's coming tot he line a lot more.

Tuilagi is just a wrecking ball, and i prefer that in the 13 channel.

Plus both fo them hit like freight trains in defence.

The only thing we'd lose is 12trees kicking game but england utilise 10/15 for that.

If england bring in some genuine strike runners, wich doens't seem to be on the agenda, then 12trees would look a lot better option going forward.

he's a brilliant brilliant player, but like 12trees he needs people running lines from deep, and england don't use that right now.

i'm a fan of hard running 15's and 14's who just hit a hard line off the 12/13, i just don't see England playing that way in the near future.

I disagree that he needs people running off him. Obviously giving him options helps, but if he has anyone outside him (and as a 12 he will) he will draw and pass better than any other English back.

His support lines and running game is also better than our other options.

Last edited:
Well Burrell is a 12 playing out of position for england, and a damn good 12. He's got a good passing game, not as good as 12trees but England don't play with a back three strike runner so 12trees passing game is kind of negated as he has no runners ot hit like he does at Glucester and this is why he's coming tot he line a lot more.

Tuilagi is just a wrecking ball, and i prefer that in the 13 channel.

Plus both fo them hit like freight trains in defence.

The only thing we'd lose is 12trees kicking game but england utilise 10/15 for that.

If england bring in some genuine strike runners, wich doens't seem to be on the agenda, then 12trees would look a lot better option going forward.

I see. No other particular quality you enjoy about Burrell than just his passing offensively ?

I see. No other particular quality you enjoy about Burrell than just his passing offensively ?

Seems you must've missed his appreciation for Burrell's defensive qualities, which I'd agree with, to an extent.

Im more inclined towards a crashball 12 and a deft 13 (Tuilagi and Daly? A boy can dream) but Burrell does seem to pass the subjective eyeball test.

I can't give you a detailed critique of which qualities I prefer the most, but he's looked handy. Not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination, but he's holding his own at a new position and this warrants a crack at holding down the 12 jersey.

Seems you must've missed his appreciation for Burrell's defensive qualities, which I'd agree with, to an extent.

No, but you sure missed the last word in my comment though. "OFFENSIVELY".

Im more inclined towards a crashball 12 and a deft 13 (Tuilagi and Daly? A boy can dream) but Burrell does seem to pass the subjective eyeball test.

I can't give you a detailed critique of which qualities I prefer the most, but he's looked handy. Not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination, but he's holding his own at a new position and this warrants a crack at holding down the 12 jersey.

i'm a fan of Daly, but he's not stepped up at Saxons level - partially because no one seems ot know where to play him.

at 15 i think he's too out fo the game, and will he really displace someone like Tuilagi? Maybe long term he could move to 12? he's certainly got the chops for it, and his kicking game is pretty special.

Nothing that you don't see already at 13. He's got good footwork and a decent turn of pace.

Paul Grayson was saying h'es probably the most complete centre he's worked with, he can pass short, long, footwork, and reads a game. Literally the only thing he doesn't have is the boot.

Not sure he's that complete but I'm a fan.

Let's stop beating around the bush and give Ewis his answer:
We want Burrell at 12 because mass.

Let's stop beating around the bush and give Ewis his answer:
We want Burrell at 12 because mass.

:D thaaaaaaaaat's a gooooooooooood boy !!!!
You want Burrell at center because he's powerful, over 105kg of pure strength, wide, and breaks tackles. At midfield, you'd want Burrell and Tuilagi because they're both very big specimens at midfield with pure power. Sure a fundamentally sound passing game is nice for a center, but what's also nice is Burrell and Tuilagi at midfield. Two big, big boys with POWER.

Nice to lay it out nice and clear and simple as it really is and quit the tergiversation ! Nice doin business with ya...

No-one disagrees that a good big 'un will be better than a good little 'un.
What we disagree with, Yoe, is your assertion that power is an irresistible trump card.

If you were right then Nemani Nadolo would be the best player in the world - but he's far from it.

Latest posts